Bulldogs 2008 Squads, Signings, Rumours, Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
id take the gamble tbh. u have 2 have some courage in this business 2 b successful. It mite blow up in our faces but it could prove 2 b a success.

80fic...

you wouldn't back a horse with three legs, so why sign a 5/8 with one shoulder.

H

Haztrick

Sonny might be/have been injury prone, but Sonny has proven more value, more match time and the over all better player than Benji. Benji is a superstar no doubt, but he has also re-injured himself countless times. Sonny has had 3 major injuries in his top grade career from memory and has been near full strength for the last 2 seasons, barring the occasional niggle that every player has.

I wouldn't take the risk with Benji at all.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sonny might be/have been injury prone, but Sonny has proven more value, more match time and the over all better player than Benji. Benji is a superstar no doubt, but he has also re-injured himself countless times. Sonny has had 3 major injuries in his top grade career from memory and has been near full strength for the last 2 seasons, barring the occasional niggle that every player has.

I wouldn't take the risk with Benji at all.
i'm not yet convinced fully about sonny

he definately has a lot of talent, but last year especially he went missing in the big games against better opponents.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he went quite when all our stars were playing. he played well when mase and shrek were injured. Weve lost those stars, he will shine more now

H

Haztrick

i'm not yet convinced fully about sonny

he definately has a lot of talent, but last year especially he went missing in the big games against better opponents.
Sorry dude, but there's no way I can agree with that. He (along with Patten) was the best player for us. He was constantly giving his all and was always up in the top 5 players of the match. I can't remember one off game he had.

People might call me biased as he is one of my favourite players, but I doubt anyone will agree that he went missing in games or under performed.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry dude, but there's no way I can agree with that. He (along with Patten) was the best player for us. He was constantly giving his all and was always up in the top 5 players of the match. I can't remember one off game he had.

People might call me biased as he is one of my favourite players, but I doubt anyone will agree that he went missing in games or under performed.
what i was saying that he failed to live up to his 'superstar' status against the top opponents this year, i wasnt saying he was bad but he was solid.

Last edited by a moderator:

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with mohammad. he did go missing in some top opponents games but he would smash lower opponents

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what i was saying what he failed to live up to his 'superstar' status against the top opponents this year, i wasnt saying he was bad but he was solid.
your right mohammad and no one can deny that.

I can only recall him having blinders against crap teams.. and when it came to playing the likes of the cowboys/melbourne.. sonny bill would get hammered.

Especially against melbourne.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
your right mohammad and no one can deny that.

I can only recall him having blinders against crap teams.. and when it came to playing the likes of the cowboys/melbourne.. sonny bill would get hammered.

Especially against melbourne.

yea he was very disappointing against melbourne and the cowboys. let's see if he can lift his game next year now that shrek/mason have gone

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea he was very disappointing against melbourne and the cowboys. let's see if he can lift his game next year now that shrek/mason have gone
i don't see how them leaving is going to make sbw better..

Why do people think that?

It's not like sbw can put the forward pack on his back and carry them to success.. It's a team game. He's going to need people putting in as much effort as he is otherwise we're going to be even worse then last year.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its goin to be different next year its up to sonny how he wants to play we cant predict anything now how sonny goin to play next yr without the big boys (mason n shrek)... we have to wait and see.

H

Haztrick

Against Cowboys and Melbourne he got hammered? Hmmm..

Rd 9 V Melbourne: 80 minutes, 23 tackles, 13 hitups, 3 offloads and 94 meters.

Rd 11 V Cowboys: 59 minutes, 24 tackles, 14 hitups, 5 offloads and 104 meters.

Rd 24 V Melbourne: 74 minutes, 25 tackles, 17 hitups, 1 offload and 176 meters.

Rd 25 V Cowboys: 74 minutes, 19 tackles, 15 hitups, 1 offload and 127 meters.

He might not have annihilated them as he did to the Raiders, but to say that he went missing in the big games against teams like Melbourne is a pretty ridiculous claim all because he didn't rip them up. I think people are expecting too much of him. If he can produce those kind of stats yet still be called "MIA" then I would hate to see what people think of him when he really does have a bad game.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Against Cowboys and Melbourne he got hammered? Hmmm..

Rd 9 V Melbourne: 80 minutes, 23 tackles, 13 hitups, 3 offloads and 94 meters.

Rd 11 V Cowboys: 59 minutes, 24 tackles, 14 hitups, 5 offloads and 104 meters.

Rd 24 V Melbourne: 74 minutes, 25 tackles, 17 hitups, 1 offload and 176 meters.

Rd 25 V Cowboys: 74 minutes, 19 tackles, 15 hitups, 1 offload and 127 meters.

He might not have annihilated them as he did to the Raiders, but to say that he went missing in the big games against teams like Melbourne is a pretty ridiculous claim all because he didn't rip them up. I think people are expecting too much of him. If he can produce those kind of stats yet still be called "MIA" then I would hate to see what people think of him when he really does have a bad game.
There's one HUGE problem with those statistics that I see. In 04, Sonny would have had 10 offloads a game, but in those 4 games mentioned, he averages 2.5 offloads a game, while really, we need to be offloading 10-11 times a game. that's what made him so destructive

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
doubt he averaged 10 affloads a game in 2004 tbh. more like 4-5.

80fic...

^^ 42 offloads from 15 games, roughly 3 per game
Average game time 45.8 mins

H

Haztrick

There's one HUGE problem with those statistics that I see. In 04, Sonny would have had 10 offloads a game, but in those 4 games mentioned, he averages 2.5 offloads a game, while really, we need to be offloading 10-11 times a game. that's what made him so destructive
And 5 or 6 of those offloads would have been non-effective and not needed...

Sonny has matured a lot with his on-field play and his decision making, which is why he might not make as many offloads as he did in 04. But notice that now days all his offloads are very effective.

He still made the most offloads in the NRL in 2007 so it's not like there's anything to worry about.

80fic...

SBW was probably equal if not better than patten last year, just because our team played like sh1t, and players like Reni & Willie had crap seasons is not SBW's fault. I don't think he could have done much more, and it is time for the rest of the team to lift and support him.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is clearly our best player and second only to Patten when it comes to consistancy

What would his stats read like if he played for Melbourne last year??

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

sonny bill plays with heart thats the difference he wants to be here mason played this year like he wanted to be someone where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.