Bulldogs 2008 Squads, Signings, Rumours, Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i say sign him and put a clause in his contract to say if he gets injured then we get too offload him.

Anyway, why are we wasting our breath on head, lets focus on the juniors we have and develop them.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

i say sign him and put a clause in his contract to say if he gets injured then we get too offload him.

Anyway, why are we wasting our breath on head, lets focus on the juniors we have and develop them.
agree with this short term head at best.

K

kennyy

Matthew Head could turn out to be a fantastic signing for us imo. If he can get over his injuries, he can be absolutely devastating on his day, and can help bring up our own young halves.
hes too old and injury prone :P

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hes too old and injury prone :P
since when was 25 too old? i dont know exactly how old he is but i wouldnt say more than 25-26. He still has a good 4-5 years. If thats old then we pretty much have a very old team

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's definetly not too old but he's knees are shot, if he gets his knees sorted he's a gun

SacDog92

New Pup
Reaction score
I'll tell u what. Krisnan Inu will not sign for the Dogs, "Sonny Bill" made that up.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh i dont think we will sign up any superstars for 2009.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave Taylor

Dave taylor should be our number target to sign with the bulldogs for 2009 it will solve our frontrow problems. If the club IS SMART enough they should chase him because he will come not more 200 000 a yr, which is worth it and since brisbane cant afford to re-sign players who are earning 50 000 to a new contract worth 200 000 a yr, i dont see why we cant sign taylor.

bulldogskar

Waterboy
Reaction score
Manager dismisses Tigers' offer
By Steve Mascord
December 21, 2007 BENJI Marshall will reject an approach from Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens to re-sign for a year before the start of next season.

Manager Martin Tauber confirmed the approach after Sheens said on Wednesday that he wanted the club to prioritse the extension of Marshall's tenure beyond 2008.

Club football manager Warren McDonnell said that negotiations for a one-year extension had begun because Marshall needed to be clear of contractual distractions as he made his return from shoulder surgery.

But Tauber said: "I'm opposed to any negotiations with his existing club or a new club. He's got a point to prove about his fitness, his ability, his strength and his skill level.

"Negotiating ... is so wrong. The boy has to get back on the park.

"We're not going to sign a one-year deal. No way. It would be against my advice. He's 22.

"If he was to sign something in the area of a lucrative contract, it would be three or four years.

"How the hell can you be loyal to a club for one year?"

Sheens said after he re-signed with the Tigers, until the end of 2010, that he wanted Marshall tied up as soon as possible.

McDonnell added: "Tim and Benji have discussed what the best thing is for him.

"The best is that the kid concentrate on his footy, push himself out a year, get himself right again."

McDonnell said that injury had put Marshall "in the wilderness" for two years and he needed a distraction-free environment to recapture his best form.

"I've asked Martin to put his thinking cap on over the holidays, discuss it with Benji and get together again in the new year," he said.

"We want to get it out of the way and so does the kid.

"We're quite confident he can get back to his 2005 form and the kid wants to do that as well obviously."

Tauber said that Marshall would have to defy him if he were to agree to the one-year extension proposal.

"He doesn't need discussions," Tauber said.

"He needs to get back on the park and regain the skill level he had in 2005 and then we'll think about it.

"Everybody knows if the boy regains what he was in 2005, he can write his own ticket.

"He can go where he pleases. He and I both agree."

Marshall will start full contact work after Christmas, and he will be available for selection in the pre-season.

bulldogskar

Waterboy
Reaction score
What Do You Reckon Of Trying To Get His Signature? I Know He Is Injury Prone But Isnt Sonny Bill As Well.....

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
What Do You Reckon Of Trying To Get His Signature? I Know He Is Injury Prone But Isnt Sonny Bill As Well.....
yes he is very injury prone
but signing him could backfire for the dogs, the amount he is on the sidelines or it could be a great signing
toss of the coin i guess

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

we do not need marshall and should not chase him he is to injury prone and the tigers only want to sign him for a year. at 22 only a year they think he is injury prone too.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But sonny bill can tackle. Who would they rather run at. A mobile back rower with a lethal shoulder charge, or a light weight back rower who can't tackle??

Status
Not open for further replies.