Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

I know Tony and his family. His Aunty is a canteen worker at my school and I am always speaking to her about him and her other nephew who plays SG for the Eels. I can not believe he has signed with Manly. I actually asked her last week what Tony would be doing and she said there's no way he would leave Parra. Ha!

Great work on signing Hannant. **** we are going to be a force next year IMO.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know Tony and his family. His Aunty is a canteen worker at my school and I am always speaking to her about him and her other nephew who plays SG for the Eels. I can not believe he has signed with Manly. I actually asked her last week what Tony would be doing and she said there's no way he would leave Parra. Ha!

Yeah I have had wraps on him for a few years. He was playing centres in reserves last year and really impressed me and was playing second row in Under 20's this year and impressed me more. Huge loss for Parra IMO. They need second rowers too. They usually do a good job of re-signing their young talent early but they F'd up here. Couldn't believe he was even off contract because I just assumed they would have had him wrapped up long term.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly will be wrapped
Yeah, they tend to make very smart signings.

Lestarnge has been very good. Perry surprisingly OK, Bell was great, Orford, Kite, Lyon, the Stewarts, Chris Bailey for next year and now Tony Williams. Very good at identifying talent and making few, but shrewd signings.

H

Haztrick

Yeah I have had wraps on him for a few years. He was playing centres in reserves last year and really impressed me and was playing second row in Under 20's this year and impressed me more. Huge loss for Parra IMO. They need second rowers too. They usually do a good job of re-signing their young talent early but they F'd up here. Couldn't believe he was even off contract because I just assumed they would have had him wrapped up long term.
Last I spoke to his aunt about him she said he has been playing centre in NYC for a while. I haven't seen many of Parras games so not sure how accurate that is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last I spoke to his aunt about him she said he has been playing centre in NYC for a while. I haven't seen many of Parras games so not sure how accurate that is.
Really? I am almost certain he has been playing second row in Under 20's. Last year he was playing Centre. And killing it. Well she was wrong about staying at Parra, maybe she is wrong about this too? Who knows. Are you sure she is even his Aunt?:grinning:

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

noel cleal is great at identifying talent bulldogs should try and get him.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Are you still in school?

H

Haztrick

Really? I am almost certain he has been playing second row in Under 20's. Last year he was playing Centre. And killing it. Well she was wrong about staying at Parra, maybe she is wrong about this too? Who knows. Are you sure she is even his Aunt?:grinning:
haha, yes she is. She brought in a whole bunch of photos of Tony as a child, with her sons etc And I do also remember doing up Tony's season stats for her and yes, he did play centre for most of this season :D

H

Haztrick

Well why are you not at school? hehe. Good to see.
Sports carnival on today and seniors don't do anything sporty like the carnivals, or swimming carnivals or regular sport so we we're told to go to school and do work in the library or wherever, or stay home haha

B

Ben Godberts.

Yeah i don't think i would sign Armit
Hickey and Cleal are a must IMO

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Cleal and Hickey are a must. Kleal has been great this year when playing and loves the tough stuff. Hickey, well he is the form front rower in our team and surprisingly he plays alot of minutes. Sign both.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still sign Armit for another 2 Seasons, he has been getting back to good form and his re-signing it would give us some depth in the front row which we are lacking this year especially if injuries occur and rep duties.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still sign Armit for another 2 Seasons, he has been getting back to good form and his re-signing it would give us some depth in the front row which we are lacking this year especially if injuries occur and rep duties.
^^ I agree.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
I agree but if you had to choose two of the three than Armit would be last on that list and thats taking nothing away from his past 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.