Bulldoggs things you saw coming ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I am curious about stories of things you saw coming beforehand that happened at the doggs, and why you thought this.
I have actually foreseen so many things beforehand that makes me question a lot of things in management.
Some I saw:
- letting Cook go. To me this was so bizarre because Cook was already starting to do freaky thangs on the field with us as he was adjusting from halfback to hooker. He was cutting up teams hard when the game has reached a point where defence was winning out and the game needed to be loosened up with less interchanges. It was obvious to me Cook could have been something special. Which he built on at south’s. I genuinely believe he was a better hooker than halfback.

- Barrett crapness. I had a hunch based on his manly fuck up that he wouldn’t work, but what did concern me is HOW he recruited for us. He was enticing some decent players our way, but not spinal players.
He could have outlaid good money to get Reynolds, who didn’t have to move house and wanted 750. He could have stolen Townsend from the sharks for 500 probably. 6 months later Payten saw it and gave him 800 and was the buy of the year.
We also had a shot at Benji marshal who would have cost nothing to come and coach his brother. But instead we went hard for a winger and risky players. Also thinking flanno was cleary was lol

- Hopoate going shit. I could see his body slowing down at the end of the good year he had with us in 2019. I made a lengthy post on this site saying we need to offload him whilst someone would be willing to pick him up at full 600k value. No one did and we suffered.

- Woods signing. Not because he was bad. He was a sensational player then. But I could see the cap issues coming.
In fact some people here at the time really foresaw all our off field dramas before it happened and I want to here from those homeboys.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno stayed when he should have gone, corrupt officials/journos and the like. Nrlol!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I am curious about stories of things you saw coming beforehand that happened at the doggs, and why you thought this.
I have actually foreseen so many things beforehand that makes me question a lot of things in management.
Some I saw:
- letting Cook go. To me this was so bizarre because Cook was already starting to do freaky thangs on the field with us as he was adjusting from halfback to hooker. He was cutting up teams hard when the game has reached a point where defence was winning out and the game needed to be loosened up with less interchanges. It was obvious to me Cook could have been something special. Which he built on at south’s. I genuinely believe he was a better hooker than halfback.

- Barrett crapness. I had a hunch based on his manly fuck up that he wouldn’t work, but what did concern me is HOW he recruited for us. He was enticing some decent players our way, but not spinal players.
He could have outlaid good money to get Reynolds, who didn’t have to move house and wanted 750. He could have stolen Townsend from the sharks for 500 probably. 6 months later Payten saw it and gave him 800 and was the buy of the year.
We also had a shot at Benji marshal who would have cost nothing to come and coach his brother. But instead we went hard for a winger and risky players. Also thinking flanno was cleary was lol

- Hopoate going shit. I could see his body slowing down at the end of the good year he had with us in 2019. I made a lengthy post on this site saying we need to offload him whilst someone would be willing to pick him up at full 600k value. No one did and we suffered.

- Woods signing. Not because he was bad. He was a sensational player then. But I could see the cap issues coming.
In fact some people here at the time really foresaw all our off field dramas before it happened and I want to here from those homeboys.
How bad were your footy tips last week uleh… I didn’t foresee that coming I thought you had the goods tbh.

Woods and Cook etc were so long ago bro people don’t care anymore and would rather focus on now. This is the Ciraldo & Gould era.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I knew @Nasheed would still pretend to be a Bulldogs supporter.

#Nasheed the Bunnies supporter

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I knew Preston was a fkn gun before he got here

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa signing being shit. Was the same as Woods... but you try convince yourself they'll be alright haha.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds was shit in the 2010s and Lachlan Lewis would not be a Bulldogs legend.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew that reading TK would would give me a lot of laughs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson. There were so many other props we could of thrown 800k at. I never understood paying overs for someone who wasn't NRL proven. I'd take a kid on potential (on overs) in reserve grade over a Super League player (on overs) any day.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson. There were so many other props we could of thrown 800k at. I never understood paying overs for someone who wasn't NRL proven. I'd take a kid on potential (on overs) in reserve grade over a Super League player (on overs) any day.
1. Needed a big purchase
2. The nrl was drunk on English semen at the time because Bateman and the Canberra boys was ripping the game up
3. 9 clubs wanted him and were saying he’s the best in the world

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan never improving and only becoming worse. He is possibly the most boring half we’ve ever had. 3 years feels like 20 and everytime I see him on the team list I cringe. I did see the club paranoia with the back ended contracts leaving him to stay till the end and not being able to find a junior to overstep him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Needed a big purchase
2. The nrl was drunk on English semen at the time because Bateman and the Canberra boys was ripping the game up
3. 9 clubs wanted him and were saying he’s the best in the world
What 9 clubs were chasing him saying he was the best in the world?