BULLDOG SITE. INJURY WARD. PLAYER PROFILES.

INJURY WARD & PLAYER PROFILES HOPELESS!!!

• OR DISAGREE ? NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Whitey

New Pup
Reaction score
The INJURY WARD have had no updates after Rd13. I rang the club & was advised you cannot speak to anyone in this area. I was given an email address & I sent 2 emails approx 4 weeks apart, several months ago & both remain unanswered.

Leaves a lot to be desired as far as keeping us fans informed. I find out more from social media than I can from the club!!

PLAYER PROFILES. I have been a fan for more years than I care to remember. I am 85 next Birthday. I used to live many years ago in Lakemba, & now live in the Newcastle area. I would love the club to update all the player profiles. Not only in the NRL, but NSW CUP & JERSEY FLEGG as well.
And if it were possible SG Ball & Harold Matthews + the ladies teams. Surely a young guy & girl could be given a job in this area??
As an example Jayden Tanner gone to Penrith next year, played with us a couple of years he is 22!! No other info!!!

I watched all the lower grades on NSWRLTV when they were televised. The Jersey Flegg have some brilliant young players. Wouldn't it be great to know their names, age height & weight & a little bit about them? Wouldn't those players be proud to point out to their families & friends, their profile on the Dogs site. After all we promote ourselves as the FAMILY CLUB!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is a Gus issue, he could easily address it and make sure someone at the club takes care of it but he would rather hoard all the information to himself so members are forced to interact with him over twitter to get answers.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a Gus issue, he could easily address it and make sure someone at the club takes care of it but he would rather hoard all the information to himself so members are forced to interact with him over twitter to get answers.
Or become a sun herald subscriber

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The INJURY WARD have had no updates after Rd13. I rang the club & was advised you cannot speak to anyone in this area. I was given an email address & I sent 2 emails approx 4 weeks apart, several months ago & both remain unanswered.

Leaves a lot to be desired as far as keeping us fans informed. I find out more from social media than I can from the club!!

PLAYER PROFILES. I have been a fan for more years than I care to remember. I am 85 next Birthday. I used to live many years ago in Lakemba, & now live in the Newcastle area. I would love the club to update all the player profiles. Not only in the NRL, but NSW CUP & JERSEY FLEGG as well.
And if it were possible SG Ball & Harold Matthews + the ladies teams. Surely a young guy & girl could be given a job in this area??
As an example Jayden Tanner gone to Penrith next year, played with us a couple of years he is 22!! No other info!!!

I watched all the lower grades on NSWRLTV when they were televised. The Jersey Flegg have some brilliant young players. Wouldn't it be great to know their names, age height & weight & a little bit about them? Wouldn't those players be proud to point out to their families & friends, their profile on the Dogs site. After all we promote ourselves as the FAMILY CLUB!!
Totally agree. The communication in all forms (directly and through website) is atrocious! Gus loves to have control over all information and be the clubs "go to man".. didn't he recently say the social media team do their best but sometimes make mistakes.. its a professional sport, aren't we trying to grow the game and be a leader in the code ? I don't get it

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d seen on Instagram the other day that the Digital Guy that does all them training snippets etc left the club on Friday.

If Souths can name their bloody 2024 NSW Cup team last week…. Why can’t we get any info on 1st grade & below as per what Old Whitey said too???

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The website and communication have been atrocious for many years. Despite claims that the NRL control all club's website there are simple thing the club could do to improve it and the overall communication, yet they choose not to. Keeping it up to date, player profiles, squad list, calendar of events etc for the whole club. Even for us old farts,technologically challenged it doesn't seem to difficult yet the club refuses to do it. I asked thhat if the NRL were the controller of the site and minimised club input why not just have a club run site.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That worked for until he blocked me.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d seen on Instagram the other day that the Digital Guy that does all them training snippets etc left the club on Friday.

If Souths can name their bloody 2024 NSW Cup team last week…. Why can’t we get any info on 1st grade & below as per what Old Whitey said too???
I know he was good mates with Topine, so I wonder if there’s more to it. I wonder if he left because of the rumours right now with the apparent divide between some of the pacific islander players and Ciraldo?

Just speculation though…

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know he was good mates with Topine, so I wonder if there’s more to it. I wonder if he left because of the rumours right now with the apparent divide between some of the pacific islander players and Ciraldo?

Just speculation though…
A rift between Pacific players and Ciraldo is a reach.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Whitey, I wholeheartedly agree with you - all these things should be easy, and I'd like to believe there are many other like-minded supporters out there that want the same. I want to see every game every week - I hope to still be as passionate as you are when I'm 85 - you are an inspiration!

The information is readily available, and this is one area where we could be the best right now! Setting the standard - generally all of the NRL team sites are underwhelming with the Rabbits probably the best of a bad bunch.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt it’s a staffed/salaried role but if anyone keen had and wanted to give the time FOC the club might supply the inputs and tools. Ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club :-).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
you had an opinion also did you.. hes blocked a few
Just asked him a question - seemed he didnt like it. Up to then he was very helpful re jun rep info - trial dates times venues etc which the club refuses to publicise

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

85 - great to have a senior Bulldog supporter still taking an active interest in the club.

I'm ten years behind you. We've seen some good and bad times over those years, eh?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A rift between Pacific players and Ciraldo is a reach.
Exactly, it’s a myth the fox media are trying to keep alive…. Poly players have worked hard for everything they’ve gotten in life inspired by their mums, dads, or siblings work ethic or resilience, much like a lot of kids growing up West of Sydney. Ciro has no issue with any race, especially being the son of migrant parents/grandparents - but he takes issue with those not willing to put in the work or maintain a standard for the team - no rift with the Polynesian demographic, he’s worked with them most of his career at Penrith, those players are 3 premierships in and still ripping in and remain hungry for success.

Old Whitey

New Pup
Reaction score
I doubt it’s a staffed/salaried role but if anyone keen had and wanted to give the time FOC the club might supply the inputs and tools. Ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club :-).

Old Whitey

New Pup
Reaction score
There may be young kids in SG Ball or Harold Matthews or Tarsha Gale teams that are interested in or studying Photography, Journalism etc, that would love to be given a job doing this sort of stuff. The youngsters are quick with phones, computers so why not give them a go?
Surely we waste enough money signing players on 3 year contracts that aren't performing.
I don't remember Ryan Sutton setting the world on fire at Canberra, yet he was signed for 3 years? One year of underperformance down, lets hope he improves over the next two.
RFM (was) a good player & appears to be a nice bloke, but unless he can improve on his injury riddled efforts of last season we have to pay him for another 2 years. It also appears that no-one else wants to sign him.
Surely our Club is rich enough to give a couple of kids a salary doing a job much better than whoever is responsible AT PRESENT??