Bryson Goodwin - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he showed tonight that whatever it was that was holding him back, whether it was injury or psychology, he's on his way back to his best. Great game by Bry, welcome back champ, would love to see him make that jersey his again.

C

chipandchase

I'm a lett fan but Goodwin was fantastic tonight, showed aggression out of dummy half also
One of best games in the last 12 to 18 months

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh when at his best Bry is the best option we have at the club for his position. Players like Lett etc will still get runs this year because of injuries or resting of players or SOO perhaps. Morris will play SOO if he holds form and health. That will leave place for ppl to be tried out there.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Still the slowest winger in the NRL but goes alright next to Morris

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
When I was picking my jersey for Saturday nights game I looked at my 2004 home jersey with #5 on the back (Matt Utai at the time) and thought "Man i hope Goodwin has a good game tonight".
So glad I went with that option. Goodwin made me proud :grinning:

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Goodwin looking good, keep him in the side for sure - consistant and makes some good metres......

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People forget that he had that injury last year.

Also, for the last 2 years the only time our centres and especially wingers saw the ball was from Dummy-half.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
it would have been easy for Des to not go with Bryson first up but his decision has been vindicated

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
provided most of us wrong including myself, although I still feel like we have one of the weaker backlines although as long as our halves are providing quality ball it's not that hard to run as fast as you can to the try line :p. Would still prefer someone like Uate on our wing, at least one of the sides.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Goodwin or Brown?

Hard to tell at this point I suppose, with Goodwin not in the kicking role his value drops slightly.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goodwin or Brown?

Hard to tell at this point I suppose, with Goodwin not in the kicking role his value drops slightly.
Brown -> Wright

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Barba popping up on the left it looks like the defense if focused on him leaving lots of room for Bryson and Josh.

Bryson scored a great try against the saints. If he keeps it up he will not give a reason for himself to be dropped no matter how many tries Lett scores in reserves.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goodwin or Brown?

I think Goodwin went pretty well. Scored a try and turned the ball back inside for Morris to notch one up. If his fly through the air and forward roll on his disallowed try are any indicayion, he really likes where he's at.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
He spent 2010 outside Morris who refused to pass the ball to him, when he played in 2011 Morris hardly got the ball so Goodwin had even less chance. In 2009 when Morris was still willing to pass he looked good but if you don't ever expect to receive the ball then why maintain interest, Morris didn't last year either. Goodwin also had some niggling injuries last year. At his best he's a good finisher, reasonably good under the high ball and a decent defender. He needs to work hard to get a new contract though. I hope he has a good season.
I agree with all of that. Last Saturday night we saw a dominant performance in our forwards which led to all sorts of good things. One of those good things was quality service on the left side from Hodkinson. The net result was Morris and Goodwin looking good.

I have a lot of time for Goodwin. I think he is a good winger. The bulldogs have always had solid, no nonsense wingers and Goodwin is in that mold. Think back to our good wingers of the past.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
SouFFS bomb 3 times towards Goodwins side and score all 3 of their tries from there.

poor effort from him today

Status
Not open for further replies.