Bryson Goodwin - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Both scoring opportunities were mission impossible. The Storm defence was covering like a blanket.
Agreed, I am not a big fan of Bryson Goodwin but, I thought he had a pretty solid game all round and was given two hospital passes where no one was going to get through.
Well done Doggies, the Storm are a F*****g good RL team, we will get them next time!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He had a good game tonight. 18 point haul. 7/9 goals is acceptable and a try. His defense is good and he always runs the ball with enthusiasm. A quiet achiever.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a good game tonight. 18 point haul. 7/9 goals is acceptable and a try. His defense is good and he always runs the ball with enthusiasm. A quiet achiever.
only if he got those two kicks, would of got 50 :(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Scored 6 more points than the entire Parra side. Ouch.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone explain that? I saw a banner with that at the game
when he was struggling big time last year due to his toe injury, there was some major running joke on twitter amongst bulldogs players, staff and fans under that 'hashtag'

:grinning:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was really solid last night. Strong runs, seem's to be enjoying himself more than last season. His goal kicking was decent, we know how well he can kick. This is the goodwin i used to love!

J

JamelDiab

Honestly hes is a **** player i rather Micheal Lett because there both defensive and attackive, also really fast tooo

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly hes is a **** player i rather Micheal Lett because there both defensive and attackive, also really fast tooo
LOl, yep lets put a player who can't defend and defuse bombs and has played about a handful of first grade games. Must be a reason why wright was chosen over him. I rather goodwin on wing because he can goal kick and has a decent combo with morris, i don't want to see ennis goal kicking.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look the kid can do mistakes but it's only early under hasler.. Let's not get carried away Atleast give it 3/4 into the season before you can tell how well a player is going to go under hasler. So far some players have stepped up faster then others but in due time I think most will thrive under hasler including Goodwin.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
LOl, yep lets put a player who can't defend and defuse bombs and has played about a handful of first grade games. Must be a reason why wright was chosen over him. I rather goodwin on wing because he can goal kick and has a decent combo with morris, i don't want to see ennis goal kicking.
ennis kicking goals:

View attachment 19782

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Can someone explain that? I saw a banner with that at the game
VAI said:
when he was struggling big time last year due to his toe injury, there was some major running joke on twitter amongst bulldogs players, staff and fans under that 'hashtag'

:grinning:
It started with Steve Turner saying "I can't believe Bryson got his big toe massaged" ...

Then some bright spark (perhaps Doga) started the #brysbigtoe hashtag by asking Zap and Dene Halatau "Has Bryson sought an insurance policy for #brysbigtoe yet ?" .

Then Steve Turner retweeted it and it went bananas.

Ross Smart got in on it : "Phone has started ringing with requested for interviews with #brysbigtoe. What's this all about ?"

Jake Swarts and Trent Hodkinson got in on it : <Jake> "Bulldogs team store this week. <Trent> I'm there. Will #brysbigtoe make an appearance ?"

Hog, Anna, Doga, and all sorts from here started their own versions ...

- "#brysbigtoe shortlisted for CLeo Bachelor of the year"
- "When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for #brysbigtoe"
- "#brysbigtoe nearly beat me in Fantasy League comp"
- "Challenge to Bulldogs ground announcer : Mention #brysbigtoe over the loud speaker !"

In the end, Andy Raymond got onboard and #brysbigtoe got some coverage on Fox.

The Army made the banner.
And Bryson thanked us all a few weeks later.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looked really good on Friday night..

ran the ball back with purpose.

my only concern is his positioning..he got caught out of position when Parra scored their second try....reminded me of how Souths exploited this

against Parra and Souths, they kicked in behind him early in the tackle count, not sure if him defending like this is part of the structure, but you can tell teams are targeting this area when we play against them.

C

chipandchase

looked really good on Friday night..

ran the ball back with purpose.

my only concern is his positioning..he got caught out of position when Parra scored their second try....reminded me of how Souths exploited this

against Parra and Souths, they kicked in behind him early in the tackle count, not sure if him defending like this is part of the structure, but you can tell teams are targeting this area when we play against them.
he definately has improved this year, but you are right, his defence and positioning in defence is a big worry still.
but his attack and running of the footy back from dummy half has improved by 100%.
he looks like he has bulked up actually

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting stat: Bryson Godwin remains (clearly) still the highest point scorer in our current lineup :grinning:

Currently on 346 points, next closest is Josh Morris on 212 (over same playing period).

Stark Industry

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bryson Goodwin

Noticed a few comments here that appear to be critical of Bryson Goodwin and some suggesting it would be good to not re-sign him. I also noticed a few opinions here rating winger Jonathan Wright highly. I am keen to discuss this matter.

In my opinion, Goodwin is valuable for the team for his goal kicking and he had a higher strike rate than Inu has. I recall he was preferred to Turner last year and was beginning to convert regularly from the sideline a la Hazem. Secondly, I've been watching this year's games on the net back to back and prior to injury, Goodwin was running well and made some great busts. To me, he is more likely to pierce the line and is deceptively hard to tackle. In comparison, Wright, does a fair job in defense but I've not seen him break the line once (doesn't mean he never has) and rarely troubles the defense for a guy his height. So, I'm interested to hear your perceptive comments on this. My vote is for Goodwin over Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.