Bryson Goodwin - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

DOB: 30 December, 1985
Position/s: Wing, Fullback, Centre
Career Stats:

2007 - Sharks - 2 games, 0 tries
2008 - Sharks - 7 games, 2 tries
2009 - Bulldogs - 24 games, 20 tries
2010 - Bulldogs - 23 games, 6 tries + 73 goals
2011 - Bulldogs - 10 games, 1 try + 24 goals

Last edited by a moderator:

Benn0s

Waterboy
Reaction score
He used to be decent. 2 seasons ago outside Josh Morris he looked good, was kicking pretty well, wasnt a bad winger. Slow, but decent enough.
These days he looks like hes walking kick returns back, gets smashed, plays the ball slow and straight away the set is off to a poor start.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is lazy and disinterested, not a first grader !

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too many errors in his game. I wonder who Hasler prefers on the wing. It is one position we do not have quality depth in (Mcdougal, Lett, Wright) Bryson will probably 3rd or 4th in line there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He spent 2010 outside Morris who refused to pass the ball to him, when he played in 2011 Morris hardly got the ball so Goodwin had even less chance. In 2009 when Morris was still willing to pass he looked good but if you don't ever expect to receive the ball then why maintain interest, Morris didn't last year either. Goodwin also had some niggling injuries last year. At his best he's a good finisher, reasonably good under the high ball and a decent defender. He needs to work hard to get a new contract though. I hope he has a good season.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd only have him ahead of the other options because he's good under the high ball. That was a major weakness last season on both sides of the field while defending our line.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Goodwin was average under the high ball for the 2 months before he got dropped.

If we can get our blocking plays sorted, then we have no use for him. Even so, Wright and MacD are equally capable in my opinion, and they offer more all-round.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He spent 2010 outside Morris who refused to pass the ball to him, when he played in 2011 Morris hardly got the ball so Goodwin had even less chance. In 2009 when Morris was still willing to pass he looked good but if you don't ever expect to receive the ball then why maintain interest, Morris didn't last year either. Goodwin also had some niggling injuries last year. At his best he's a good finisher, reasonably good under the high ball and a decent defender. He needs to work hard to get a new contract though. I hope he has a good season.
x2

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Goodwin was average under the high ball for the 2 months before he got dropped.

If we can get our blocking plays sorted, then we have no use for him. Even so, Wright and MacD are equally capable in my opinion, and they offer more all-round.
Agreed! Good-bye Goodwin.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agreed! Good-bye Goodwin.
Nice call as usual by you.Bryson is back! Awesome tonight, decent last week, 2 tries in 2 matches. Lets hope he stays injury free and him and Morris will carve some teams up this year!

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol hopefully his performance tonight puts an end to all the "Lett is better than Goodwin" garbage

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bow down to the big BRY

killed it scored a great try and setup morris for one

made some strong runs

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
so happy for him

hated seeing him play so poor after success in '09

welcome back goodwin, hope you can keep up the good work mate :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brys Big Toe making a comeback... It's like him and Morris found a time machine and dragged 2009 Morris and Goodwin back into the side.

H

hazem_elmasri

Good work Bryson. I feel we can do well after tonight. Played like a top 4 team! I'm excited

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very impressed with him tonight, played tops, love his running style

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
So frustrating ... He reminds you how talented he CAN be but then goes back to his lazy jogging tactics the following week

C'mon Goodwin keep it up jack

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
always had a soft spot for goodwin. He is never gonna be a world beater, but he is a very solid winger and the type of player which every team needs to have. His DH runs tonight were very good and his try was brilliant. If he can keep this up I have no problem whatsoever with keeping him in the team.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His best game for a while.
I hope he keeps it up and we have the lethal Morris/Goodwin rampage from '09 back for a long time to come.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I too am a Goodwin fan. He has better hands than any other player in our backline, good speed and good vision. His only issue is he's not as strong coming out of our end as some others. It that's not a massive problem. Anyway it's not worth debating if Des sees something in him then he deserves a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.