Official Brothers, Lets Trot!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing on the Bulldogs website or socials about the investigation or statement.

One big issue here that everyone (bar @sideswip) has missed (so far) is aren't NRL players are still in the Covid bubble / Apollo protocols ? If so this would be a breach (regardless when it was filmed - which I'd be hoping was pre-season).

Only other issues I can see in this are:
  • Faked burnouts/hoon related driving.
  • Driving using a mobile phone.
  • Alcohol advertising.
  • Stereotyping our fanbase.
The song is garbage, as is the clip (and the lame attempt at Fat Pizza stereotypes), and its a blatant attempt to grab more fans (for the artist) using the Bulldogs as a marketable subject.

Then theres if JAC was paid for his appearance or not. I'm guessing "Lets Trot" is probably trademarked, so perhaps there was a tradeoff of him appearing for free, and them (the artist) not running into trademark issues.

Not the crime of the century, but not smart from JAC either, given he's meant to be part of the leadership group.

The aspect ratio of that screen kinda makes me ask "why". Going to be really weird with games shown on that. I suspect it'll be multiple things shown on it (probably plastered with KFC ads).

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Cringe... cant imagine why doggies supporters get stereotyped....

WTF was JAC thinking getting involved in that?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good grief….it’s definitely cringe.

the boys were just having a bit of fun though. Surely the integrity unit will close this out fairly quickly… the only real issue is the explicit language used in conjunction with the use of our club brand.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The reason the integrity unit was notified is the video shows the clubs logo, which the NRL owns and is under licence.
Anything that might bring those licensed properties into disrepute has to be reported.
As for the quality of the content - I reckon the Razzies would even give this a wide berth :-).

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that’s pretty cringe tbh
I hope JAC’s move to Sydney doesnt impact and lose focus on his performance on the field with all this fame he’s getting.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m probably gonna cop some heat for this but tbh addo Carr seems less fit then he was when he first arrived at the dogs. From the one and a half games I’ve seen from him play for us he seems like he gets gassed easily, also idk if I’m over analysing things but to me he seems to be also taking soft hit ups unlike when he was at the storm when he used to charge hard into the defence. Again that’s just how I see it.

Its round 1 and the conditions in townsville were bad, The hit ups didnt look any diff to when he was at melb he has never returned the ball like a too'o

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing on the Bulldogs website or socials about the investigation or statement.
I had a quick look and didn't find anything. Did anyone see this post from the club?

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't watch the whole video because the song and the video was horrible but I skipped forward and couldn't see anything the club needs to release a statement about.

The only thing the club needs to apologise for is making people aware of this shit song and adding to the YouTube views.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club had to make a statement.

The statement is not about thier personal views. It is about covering thier ass.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that’s the case…. I’ll be out at Belmore this weekend with the one & only Brittney Spears

We’ll be shooting “Oops I Did It Again” music video featuring just HMAS Knockonbur

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m probably gonna cop some heat for this but tbh addo Carr seems less fit then he was when he first arrived at the dogs. From the one and a half games I’ve seen from him play for us he seems like he gets gassed easily, also idk if I’m over analysing things but to me he seems to be also taking soft hit ups unlike when he was at the storm when he used to charge hard into the defence. Again that’s just how I see it.
Last week he slowed down waiting for backup. At the storms there would have been at least 2 players on his inside to pass to.
It is something the Dogs need to work on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Last week he slowed down waiting for backup. At the storms there would have been at least 2 players on his inside to pass to.
It is something the Dogs need to work on.
He has definitely slowed down imo. I said last year when he came back from injury he didn't look the same and lost that insane explosive burst of acceleration he used to have. He also mentioned he felt his hammy cramping up during that run so I do think there's some sort of issue there whether it be mental or physical.

But yh our support play sucks, that's like the only thing Flanagan was good at. Jake, Dufty and Burton need to be the key people here, they're all fast enough and with the way they're setup across the park at least one of them should be there abouts when we make a break. Conditions were absolutely awful though last week so it's possible everyone's legs were dead at this stage. This week should give a better indicator to see where we're at.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He has definitely slowed down imo. I said last year when he came back from injury he didn't look the same and lost that insane explosive burst of acceleration he used to have. He also mentioned he felt his hammy cramping up during that run so I do think there's some sort of issue there whether it be mental or physical.

But yh our support play sucks, that's like the only thing Flanagan was good at. Jake, Dufty and Burton need to be the key people here, they're all fast enough and with the way they're setup across the park at least one of them should be there abouts when we make a break. Conditions were absolutely awful though last week so it's possible everyone's legs were dead at this stage. This week should give a better indicator to see where we're at.
JAC was cramping long before that run. And he wasn't the only one, the gam was played in farkin terrible conditions, the NRL really shouldn't schedule the first round in Toonsville in early March, imbecilic.

Always a Bulldog

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC was cramping long before that run. And he wasn't the only one, the gam was played in farkin terrible conditions, the NRL really shouldn't schedule the first round in Toonsville in early March, imbecilic.

Always a Bulldog
NRL are run by clowns. So of course round 1 in Clownsville makes sense