Brooks vs Flanagan rugby league eye test

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
neither can Brooks. Averillo's been a halfback for 1 season. Brooks has been a halfback his whole career.
Brooks is a proper halfback who has been poorly coached. People said the same thing about Moses when he was at that rabble of a club, Fam. Averillo is a centre cosplaying a half. He may have potential, but certainly not as a team’s main organiser. Namaste.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Maguire can't coach or Brooks is not the controlling half he needs to be. 7 WILL be a problem for us next year. Who will have the inside running to start the year as half? Much depends what Gould thinks as Baz has had a year with Avo Flano Wakeham and BDO and couldn't polish any of them up enough to perform consistently.
Tigers will want at least $650k pa to offset Brooks $750k. While an upgrade on what he have, Brooks reminds me of MBye....a footballer that can produce but goes missing too often.
Lets throw a lifeline to the Prince of Belmore instead.[emoji1]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he can be a much better player than he has shown at the tigers. Just look at Moses. Even Tedesco went from someone who showed flashes of brilliance to one of the best players in the competition.

Id rather Brooks for 600k than Flanagan for 500. Obviously we aren’t getting him if Tianjin isn’t part of the trade. Unless we get rid of Cotric or someone else on big coin.

it’s probably not going to happen, but I’d take him on a short term contract to see what he can do if we could free up the space.

Blessings to you and all those you have interactions with, Fam. Namaste
Since when was Flamingo on 500k? Wasn't he signed for 3 years for roughly $1 million?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
163 first grade games without ever playing in a finals series.(the most ever in the NRL.) 9 years of first grade. Mick Potter, Jason Taylor, Ivan Cleary and now Madge as his coaches ( 2 premierships between them)

He had Benji Marshall and MitchelMoses as his 5/8 for a lot of the time and a squad that has had players including Teddy, JAC, Grant, Robbie Farah, Adam Blair, Aaron Woods,Tapau,Nathan Brown, and plenty of others.

He is the”7 “and can’t steer his team into a single finals series..? But wait, let’s sign him up cause Barrett is the halfback whisperer… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with 90% of what u say,but for me brooks is not the answer,he’s had 5 or so years with the tigers and done nothing,I’d rather have wakeham there than brooks.
Agree !!!

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brooks has played under a basket case club, we were also, but the only team that looks like changing out of the two is the bulldogs, tigers have a lot of work to do. Jk, Gus and Trent seem fresh, sheens has been away from nrl for a while, and they have lost nothing, we have scrapped more than half our roster, and got rid of any culture problem players. Anyone that saw tiger town knows that there is no culture there. Brooks could turn our fortunes. Why……..who els…avo is not someone who will help burton, Burton will carry avo. Brooks could help burton, but yeah it’s a gamble. Brooks never took his team to a gf, but burton could, so we need support for burton, who do you put along side burton, someone he needs to carry or someone that can suppprt him, Freddy was a 5/8 and ran the roosters, Burton could do the same

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sign brooks on a train and trial contact
someone has to pay/contribute towards Brooks' 850k salary. He knows he's never going to get anywhere near that again (similar to Taylor and Milford) so he's going to milk every last cent of it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Brooks is better than Flanagan, but not enough better to justify his price tag imo

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's all be clear...
We can't sign Brooks or any leading halfback unless we clear players of our books !!!