News Bronson Xerri fails drug test

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's Phil Frothfield's take on it lol?
Ok Buzz, set us all straight on what a great club the Sharks are, as im sure that idiot Gallen will be doing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm surprised there aren't more positive results. Most if not all clubs would have players that are taking some banned PED's. PED use has been rife in the game for decades and always will be.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks, strange but I guess it makes sense.
I guess the other reality is the NRL would've had to have been notified and gotten involved and with many staff stood down and the executive focussed on, you know, saving the game from extinction, this could've led to further delays in this specific case.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
GUTTED.!!!
What an absolute idiot, he had a bright future and had the world at his feet, was one of my favourite players (as you all know) very very silly boy, and it’s a real shame, because this kid could of been anything.!!!

not good :confused:
R U OK mate?!!

His piss-test rang alarm bells.....
images (81).jpeg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The 'Toot this afternoon:

NRL Player Tests Positive To Banned Substances At Well You Can Probably Guess Which Club

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

One of the NRL’s rising stars has failed an ASADA drug test just two days before the rugby league was tipped to return from it’s mid-season hiatus caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.

The NRL can today report that the 19-year-old centre has been provisionally suspended and faces a possible multi-season ban from the NRL after it was confirmed that he had tested positive to a number of banned substances.

The player reportedly returned a positive A-sample for exogenous Testosterone, Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol which are prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy.

The player’s club has also confirmed this result, which is funnily enough the first club that came to mind when you read the words ‘banned substances.’

It’s the Cronulla Sharks, for anyone like Scott Morrison who wasn’t a fan of rugby league in 2014 – which was the last time they got done for this.

However, the player that has tested positive is Bronson Xerri, who only made his debut in round four last year – and would have been in primary school during the Dr. Stephen Dank era.

It is not yet known if this newest bust is a result of the player acting alone, or something linked to the past culture of illegal performance enhancing drug usage at the Sharks – only time will tell.

Investigators from ASADA have today confiscated Xerri’s phone in their efforts to find out how deep this thing goes.

Rugby Leagues fans say they are more excited than ever for the soap opera to begin again when round three kicks off this Thursday evening.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Xerri calling his mum and crying with happiness when he got the call to play in his first NRL game not so long ago and it was all recorded and put up on sharks and NRL social media platforms and for that reason... SOOOOO did someone from the club video the moment they told him about the failed drug tests?
His parents will probably disown him for bringing shame on the family.
Not to mention a good old Maltese thumping.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do people still want Flanagan to coach the Dogs from 2022?
You can't tell me he didn't know more than he was caught for - the culture there is rotten - 3 CEO's in 12 months, drugs, cap shenanigans, dodgy real estate deals, the works.
The 2016 title has to be tainted.
I hope Flanagan never comes within a mile of Belmore - and despite those who want Pay gone ASAP - the confirmation that Reynolds won't happen and McCullough was never true - this management hopefully has the sense to never consider him.
Flanagan was not the coach when Xerri played his debut game

why are you using his name to peddle propaganda?

Flanagan is a better coach than pay. no matter what

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan was not the coach when Xerri played his debut game

why are you using his name to peddle propaganda?

Flanagan is a better coach than pay. no matter what
Propaganda, thanks for the laugh :-).

I didn’t specifically mention Xerri and Flanagan together, I said the culture of the Sharks is rotten and there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that’s the case and Flanagan was a big part of that.

I couldn’t care less about his coaching abilities or how he compares to Pay - the bloke is a grub and a cheat and I never want him near our club, full stop.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Propaganda, thanks for the laugh :-).

I didn’t specifically mention Xerri and Flanagan together, I said the culture of the Sharks is rotten and there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that’s the case and Flanagan was a big part of that.

I couldn’t care less about his coaching abilities or how he compares to Pay - the bloke is a grub and a cheat and I never want him near our club, full stop.
Dont worry about Flanagan coming to the dogs.. coz your doing a great job with your vote to keep mediocrity alive in Pay

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me preface this post with the understanding that he has only failed the A test and will have the opportunity to have the B sample tested as to its contents. The A sample was returned positive on NOVEMBER 25 LAST YEAR.....BUT ASADA advised the NRL only today 26 MARCH 2020....although apparently that is not an unusual circumstance...

The perceived "culture" of drugs once again rears its ugly head at the Sharks. It was probably a case of drugs...what club could that be??? No real prize for guessing and that is a sad state of affairs. Coaching staff and players involved in the past and now one of their prodigal sons has been caught for not just the use of one particular banned substance but several.

If it was recreational use, one could see a possible excuse ( although no excuse is truly acceptable) due to the current situation the league finds itself in, but performance enhancing drugs in their true sense is , well, mind boggling. Also don't forget that the drugs would have been ingested after season 2019 in November as that is when the test was done so it was whilst he was of the opinion he would probably not be tested...

The idiocy of players is the gift that keeps on giving and not in a good way, for the game which was brought to its knees due to COVID 19 and looked like it was not going to find a way back. Fans of the game are not going to be happy with this new issue and neither should the NRL. What sort of punishment will we see with this...well the guidelines are there and if the second test is a fail no question as to what he should get...no excuse for not knowing or for not thinking you will get caught...probably in this case the player thought there would be no testing..he most certainly has failed the doping test in the most literal way... a dope.....

https://www.nrl.com/wellbeing-and-education/healthwise/anti-doping-policy/

As a professional sportsman, you are subject to the World Anti-Doping Authority procedures – the same as would apply to any other athlete in Australia and many worldwide including Olympians.

In signing your player contract and registration form you agree to comply with the NRL Anti-doping Rules. These rules extend to the ARL, NSWRL and all affiliated competitions. In other words, no matter which grade you play you are still bound by the Anti-doping Rules.

The Rules prohibit you from taking drugs which are on the “prohibited drug list” which is available from the NRL, your Club Doctor and the ASADA Anti-Doping Hotline. The prohibited drugs which receive the most publicity are Anabolic Steroids, Insulin, HGH (growth hormone) and Ephedrine.

Unless it’s an emergency you should only take medication supplied by the team doctor.

In any event you should advise anyone that treats you that you are a professional athlete subject to the WADA Code. Note that other substances such asthma medications can result in a positive test unless testing authorities are advised in advance via your clubs Anti-Doping Officer.

If you have any doubts as to whether your medication is a banned substance, you should call the ASADA Anti-Doping Hotline 13 000 ASADA (13 000 27232), Check Your Substances and check with your Club Anti-doping Officer or Club Doctor before taking the medication.

The onus is on you as a player to not breach the anti-doping rules. Ignorance is not a defence.

To make sure you do not breach the Anti-Doping Policy, some important things to understand are: You must always advise your club of your whereabouts for testing and be available for testing.

The NRL has the right to conduct both random and targeted tests on players. These tests are carried out by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

Players are not only banned after testing positive to a prohibited substance. Players, and also club staff, can also be banned for trafficking, supplying, or possessing performance enhancing drugs, helping another player use them, or for evading a test. Bans typically vary from one to four years depending on what you took and the type of charge.

The NRL take a strong stance against players who choose to dope. Those who dope because they haven’t got the talent or who are unwilling to do the training only cheat those who do have the natural talent and motivation to train. As such, as a clean player it is also your responsibility to ensure Rugby League is free of doping and you must report it. Failure to do so means that you will be in breach of the NRL Anti-Doping Policy.

If you have any concerns that a teammate or a player from another team is doping you can confidentially report this to ASADA at www.asada.gov.au or by calling 13 000 ASADA (13 000 27232).

Supplements
All clubs have a Supplements Committee which approves the use of supplements at your club after assessing their benefits, safety, and compliance with the NRL Anti-Doping Policy.

Do not take any supplement, or medication for that matter, without approval.

If you want to use a supplement, you must get approval from the Club Supplement Committee. The best person to speak to about this is your Club Doctor who will then get that supplement assessed by the Committee.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dont worry about Flanagan coming to the dogs.. coz your doing a great job with your vote to keep mediocrity alive in Pay
Outstanding work peddling out the same old lines Godfather.

Do you have a suitable and specific alternative to Pay prior to 2022?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding work peddling out the same old lines Godfather.

Do you have a suitable and specific alternative to Pay prior to 2022?

one year at a time please

Do you have an idea what the game plan is for 2021? who are the strike players? and where the points will come from?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s been big for years but I’m wondering whether this could be linked with the shoulder surgery he’s just had in the off-season? Maybe he was trying to speed up his recovery time? Either way it doesn’t look like good news for him. So stupid