News Bronson Xerri fails drug test

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
one year at a time please

Do you have an idea what the game plan is for 2021? who are the strike players? and where the points will come from?
Everyone has to wait until after 30 June for that answer as I’ve said multiple times (and I’m not saying there’ll be announcements on 1 July, either).

You’d better prepare for Pay to be extended by at least one year, because there’s no-one else suitable for next year, hence my reference to 2022 coaching options.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Devastating for the kid, but stupid is as stupid does.

Is there any other code of sport that consistently shoots itself in the foot prior to a season launch? We are masters at it. lol
Too many meatheads involved in rugby league, that's why.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks centre Bronson Xerri has been provisionally suspended after a breach of the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy.

In a statement released on Tuesday, the NRL said: "The Provisional Suspension Notice asserts that Mr Xerri returned a positive A-sample for exogenous Testosterone, Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol which are prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy.

"He was tested by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on 25 November 2019."

Xerri now has the opportunity to have a B-sample analysed.

He is prohibited from participating in any WADA compliant sport, including rugby league, while the provisional suspension is in place.

The NRL contacted Xerri on Tuesday morning to inform him of their stance.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/26/xerri-fails-asada-drugs-test-stood-down-immediately/
I'm guessing Xerri will be medically retired with the NRL approving it now.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people don't realise how lucky they are to have the skill to play in any first grade side and yet some will throw it all away for nothing.
I don’t get it either,after doing the hard yards honing his skills and playing since he was a kid just to throw it all away.
How many get the chance to play first grade not many.
This one event has thrown his life into turmoil.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I am wondering what the thinking is behind this. At first I thought the players are thinking due to Covid-19 the chances of being tested are much lower so they can get on the juice, get the benefits and come kick off time levels are back to normal. But then I read he was tested in November!?! WTF what was he thinking in terms of getting away with it? He is a rising star so of course would be on the radar of the testers.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has to wait until after 30 June for that answer as I’ve said multiple times (and I’m not saying there’ll be announcements on 1 July, either).

You’d better prepare for Pay to be extended by at least one year, because there’s no-one else suitable for next year, hence my reference to 2022 coaching options.
I don’t know why people think that Dean has a right to passage,
The club has demonstrated this is not the case by only giving him a 12 month extension to start of with.
In regards to next year and beyond well nothing has been announced,there is plenty of footy in front of us and our board to make decision.
The same applies to our contracted players.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He prob wouldnt have made 1st grade without taking and has bee taking for years

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know why people think that Dean has a right to passage,
The club has demonstrated this is not the case by only giving him a 12 month extension to start of with.
In regards to next year and beyond well nothing has been announced,there is plenty of footy in front of us and our board to make decision.
The same applies to our contracted players.
Deano absolutely doesn’t have right of passage mate. What I was suggesting is there’s almost no credible alternatives to coach in 2021 and those calling for his head now best face that there’s a very decent chance he will coach again next year irrespective of how the rest of 2020 shapes up. 2022 is different when there’s a number of alternative coaches available if that’s what we need to look at.

I support no-one other than the club and it setting itself back up for success, but I’m also a realist for the rest of this year.

I remain convinced that further announcements about 2021 and beyond will be made later in the year, possible exceptions are things that are already public knowledge like Bateman.

We all just need to wait a bit longer.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Buzz, set us all straight on what a great club the Sharks are, as im sure that idiot Gallen will be doing
Buzz is still recovering from getting hammered on hand sanitizers from last weekend!

hoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
if u seen his brother on tv , it might come out in his defense that he most likely drank from his bottle which may have been contaminated the usual i dont know trick

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Name a more iconic duo? I'll wait...

EY7sZfTU4AEDPop.jpg

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deano absolutely doesn’t have right of passage mate. What I was suggesting is there’s almost no credible alternatives to coach in 2021 and those calling for his head now best face that there’s a very decent chance he will coach again next year irrespective of how the rest of 2020 shapes up. 2022 is different when there’s a number of alternative coaches available if that’s what we need to look at.

I support no-one other than the club and it setting itself back up for success, but I’m also a realist for the rest of this year.

I remain convinced that further announcements about 2021 and beyond will be made later in the year, possible exceptions are things that are already public knowledge like Bateman.

We all just need to wait a bit longer.
I’m also confident of more signings in the next 6 months,
We just need to trust our board in navigating us into the future and making this great club successful again.
I hope the team perform well for the remainder of this season.
Let’s just enjoy the footy for the time being.