News Broncos table $2.8M mega offer in desperate bid to keep gun centre

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
~600k but we need to use that money to strengthen other positions before centre (sign someone like Naden for less than half the amount). If the Broncos offer is 700k I don't see us having a chance anyways.
Naden won't be offered anything by us. We're better off going after Seb Kris at the Raiders.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do realise we have 15 players off contract and we will and DO need backs
Don’t think most of you guys notice that we are down to our last choice winger this week

chriton gone
Floppa gone
Meaney gone

we actually need everything last time I checked

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Don’t think most of you guys notice that we are down to our last choice winger this week

chriton gone
Floppa gone
Meaney gone

yeah and they'll each need to be replaced if they're let go

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah and they'll each need to be replaced if they're let go
That’s what I’m saying
Staggs is def required at a decent price

he can easily handle 3 or 4 positions
Centre
5/8
Lock
Wing

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying
Staggs is def required at a decent price

he can easily handle 3 or 4 positions
Centre
5/8
Lock
Wing
no, our priority now needs to be forwards and a 9, its beyond stupid spending 1.3+m on 2 centres. having a great backline will go to waste if our forwards just get manhandled by every other team. that kid who we just resigned, if he's as good as advertised should be enough

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

chriton gone
Floppa gone
Meaney gone

Nah too dear.... bit if sticky tape, some zip ties and bubble gum and we’ll be tip top lol

If we’re were a house we’d be a knock down and rebuild, our line up has more holes in it than Nasheeds memory

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah too dear.... bit if sticky tape, some zip ties and bubble gum and we’ll be tip top lol

If we’re were a house we’d be a knock down and rebuild, our line up has more holes in it than Nasheeds memory
What’s too dear
I didn’t even list or mention a figure
Don’t believe what’s stated in the media
They’ve got no idea lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no, our priority now needs to be forwards and a 9, its beyond stupid spending 1.3+m on 2 centres. having a great backline will go to waste if our forwards just get manhandled by every other team. that kid who we just resigned, if he's as good as advertised should be enough
So we should buy 15 forwards ???
Makes sense

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s too dear
I didn’t even list or mention a figure
Don’t believe what’s stated in the media
They’ve got no idea lol
That's for sure. According to them we were going to be paying JAC 700k plus a year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm kinda going back to my ideas from last year.

The players, whilst not top rated elite, are just not playing to their potential or consistently to the best form we have seen from them.

Got to get that sorted asap.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t rate Coates at all
Feet for hands and shirt grabber defender
We got cotric and fox at a good price
We could piss off floppa and Meaney and with there 600 and 300 combined freed up sign staggs and another quality outside back
Same mate. He did burst onto the scene in great fashion an have some good games , but seems to have just come back to mediocre .. !!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we are...but technically we aren't lol.
I know lol.....but the when they report it like it's 700k, people and other fans immediately think thats all on our cap.

What's your thoughts on getting Staggs? I'm not fussed tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know lol.....but the when they report it like it's 700k, people and other fans immediately think thats all on our cap.

What's your thoughts on getting Staggs? I'm not fussed tbh.
I'm not overly keen on Staggs. I don't think we need to be going after a marquee outside back, much rather pay overs and get a couple of decent forwards. He also has off field dramas, probably wouldn't be able to hide it in Sydney while playing for us.

Baz seems to want to go all out on outside backs though so I wouldn't be surprised if he's here next season, especially when you consider Cotric is still playing left centre when he's clearly more suited to the right....almost like he's leaving the right centre spot free.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer him 800k...don’t forget floppy is moving on and DWZ will be off contract end of 2022

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The sweetener in $750k Staggs deal that could see Titans snatch another Bronco
BRONCOS

Brisbane's Kotoni Staggs races away to score a try
Brisbane's Kotoni Staggs races away to score a trySource: News Corp Australia

Kotoni Staggs could leave the Brisbane Broncos at the end of this year, with the Titans set to offer him the chance to play five-eighth in a bid to lure him away from Red Hill.
Staggs is currently recovering from an ACL injury and is not due back until Round 10 at the earliest.
Off-contract at the end of this season, Staggs was offered a four-year deal worth $2.8 million by Brisbane but is also being targeted by the Gold Coast.

According to Channel 7 reporter Chris Garry the Titans are the only realistic club to pinch the Tongan international away from Brisbane.

And their offer to play as a No. 6 is believed to be enticing for the 22-year-old.

“There is only one club that will prise Kotoni Staggs out of the Broncos and that is the Gold Coast Titans,” Garry told SEN.

“(The Titans) have pitched him on the idea of being their five-eighth for the next three plus years.

“Right now I would be leaning towards the Titans to snare Kotoni Staggs.

“On a deal worth in excess of $750,000 a year. Which is more than the Broncos deal.

“Staggs wants to play five-eighth, that role can’t be and hasn’t been guaranteed or promised to him at the Broncos, but it will be guaranteed to him at the Titans.

“So that could sway him, however still nothing is done.”

The loss of Staggs would be a hammer blow to Brisbane’s fortunes going forward.

Having lost David Fifita (Titans), Reece Walsh (Warriors) and other stars such as Xavier Coates on the open market, the Broncos are facing an uphill battle to retain every player they want.

“Maybe Kotoni looks at his Broncos deal and has some more chats over the next week and stays with the ‘Broncs’,” Garry added.

“But it’s between them and the Titans, they’re the two clubs.”

NRL 2021: Gold Coast Titans’ offer to Kotoni Staggs, chance for Brisbane Broncos star to play five-eighth | Fox Sports