Brisbane want to dump Wayne Bennett and sign Melbourne’s Craig Bellamy on a four-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that Bellamy will leave the Storm.

I think his manager etc leaked the info to the media.
Did you see bellamys interview yesterday,i think hes as good as gone

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Bellamy stated he wants to go to Brisbane, but may take one year off beforehand. Melbourne won't sign him on a 1 year deal.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man if he establishes a dynasty at the broncs, I think he will go down as the best ever.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Man if he establishes a dynasty at the broncs, I think he will go down as the best ever.
Hey doesn't have the big 3 to play with like Bellamy did. Once Bellamy goes to Brisbane and they continue to flop, he will be exposed as the myth he is. ANYONE could've coached Melbourne to Premierships with the big 3 in their roster. Even @Nasheed could've done it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey doesn't have the big 3 to play with like Bellamy did. Once Bellamy goes to Brisbane and they continue to flop, he will be exposed as the myth he is. ANYONE could've coached Melbourne to Premierships with the big 3 in their roster. Even @Nasheed could've done it.
fijians on the wing, hard working discards in the centre, smart premium spine and experienced forwards= Nasheed is Bellamy.

He's riding a wave thata for sure, but you cant really say he's a dud coach because he built the place, he is larghely responsible for modern structures and ones that came and go like ruck wrestling and chicken wings. That may have been bad for the game at large, but was great for Melbourne (his team) at the time.

Good club coach but like all coaches that came with ideas, once figured out, he may have had his day.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Counter argument

- A freed up salary cap and a team already full of stars to deal with... Hardly a challenge.

- St George were already a Top 8 team at the time

- What happened at Newcastle?
Mate he can't win a comp every year. And with the dragons he still had to get them there and win. That's not easy no matter what roster you have. So your saying Bellamy with the stars he had should've won't every year? It's basically what your insinuating about Bennett.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate he can't win a comp every year. And with the dragons he still had to get them there and win. That's not easy no matter what roster you have. So your saying Bellamy with the stars he had should've won't every year? It's basically what your insinuating about Bennett.
I said they were overrated due to their circumstances not shit coaches.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any one claiming that Bennett & Bellamy aren't great coaches hasn't got a clue. Top 2 coaches in the game.
I agree to an extent - in that the records of these coaches speak for themselves. People may say "well, Bennett had a great squad at the Broncos", but that's why they were able to keep Bennett. The best want to play with the best and coached by the best. If Bellamy put himself out to the open market, CLub's would be lining up for him.

But, I no longer think Bennett is in the revered category he once was.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler won two comps with Manly though including 2008 v Storm
Storm without Cam Smith & a Cinderella story Warriors team from 7th. Shame Des got all him luck at the fucking eagles

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is poor old Kevvie the forgotten man in all of this?

Link to Tallis' audio: https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/the-forgotten-man-in-the-wayne-bennett-craig-bellamy-saga

The Forgotten Man In The Wayne Bennett & Craig Bellamy Saga
On Brisbane's Dead Set Legends
2 hrs ago

Current Queensland coach Kevin Walters is the forgotten man in the Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy saga, according to a number of key Queensland rugby league figures including Triple M NRL's Gorden Tallis.

Tallis detailed to Triple M's Dead Set Legends, how Kevin Walters turned down the Titans job because the Broncos was where he was expected to coach once Bennett decided to step-away from the club.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol.. those who talk Belamy down clearly lack league knowledge.. look no further than the fact he can turn duds or has beens into top tier players

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is poor old Kevvie the forgotten man in all of this?

Link to Tallis' audio: https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/the-forgotten-man-in-the-wayne-bennett-craig-bellamy-saga

The Forgotten Man In The Wayne Bennett & Craig Bellamy Saga
On Brisbane's Dead Set Legends
2 hrs ago

Current Queensland coach Kevin Walters is the forgotten man in the Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy saga, according to a number of key Queensland rugby league figures including Triple M NRL's Gorden Tallis.

Tallis detailed to Triple M's Dead Set Legends, how Kevin Walters turned down the Titans job because the Broncos was where he was expected to coach once Bennett decided to step-away from the club.

I said this on 20 April.

OK, I didn't say he turned down the Titans job.

But he did quit the Broncos without any warning.

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...eason-mega-thread.108317/page-31#post-3323373

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Nailed it.

Link is paywall, so can only get a bit of the story.

Bellamy shuns Broncos to stick with Storm
CRAIG Bellamy has shut the door on a possible move to Brisbane, signing a new three-year deal with Melbourne worth more than $1 million a season.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...memtype=anonymous&v21=cta-jt&v21suffix=cta-jt

Seems he will announce it tomorrow.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nailed it.

Link is paywall, so can only get a bit of the story.

Bellamy shuns Broncos to stick with Storm
CRAIG Bellamy has shut the door on a possible move to Brisbane, signing a new three-year deal with Melbourne worth more than $1 million a season.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/dailytelegraph/subscribe.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&mode=premium&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/craig-bellamy-resigns-with-melbourne-on-a-threeyear-deal-worth-more-than-1-million-a-season/news-story/ae7d343ec4478b263864a560588323e2&memtype=anonymous&v21=cta-jt&v21suffix=cta-jt

Seems he will announce it tomorrow.
here ya go, nice and free https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/16...s-to-contract-extension-with-melbourne-storm/

Reactions: Kaz
Status
Not open for further replies.