Bringing the fire back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Made some improvements from previous week and like what others have stated, we must not get ahead of ourselves. The Tigers were missing several big name players and had two injured troops during the game.

It's a step forward but we have alot of improvement ahead of us to even challenge for a top four berth.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Made some improvements from previous week and like what others have stated, we must not get ahead of ourselves. The Tigers were missing several big name players and had two injured troops during the game.

It's a step forward but we have alot of improvement ahead of us to even challenge for a top four berth.
Exactlly!! The bulldogs showed more heart, which was great to see but the tigers were pathetic in attack, you could see they were totally lost without marshall

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
i don't know but i reckon we're still very bad at attacking but defensively we were great ! Our tries were mostly from tiger errors and if marshall was there it would've been a different game, nothing to be excited about IMO. At the end of the day i'm very happy we did win and got the 2 points :grinning:
True re the attack but it looked like if we had taken a few more chances, there were a lot more points on offer.

Even the commentators on Ch 9 started on a rant about the general formulaic attack in the NRL.

We had some space and overlaps on the 5th but still kicked it. For the one which started the commentators off we had a 4 on 2 overlap on the last tackle, were about 30 metres out from Tigers line and there was a lot of open space. We kicked the ball to their fb and just surrendered possession instead of moving it through the hands

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a definate improvement on the Manly game but we will have to keep them hyped up every week because they still may lose determination and become complacent after weekly hard games, sorry bout the spooky war, not my idea..

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We turned the corner, more wins ahead, and in a row

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I saw of the game was a lot more fighting spirit and entusiasm which has been lacking in the last month or so. While I was happy to see that, we have to improve in attack. The most important thing I like to see is a bit of passion and I think they showd that although we played the Tigers without Beji and they had 15 on the bench for some of the night. We did do some simple things right for once such as holding the ball better and we got a few repeat sets from dropouts.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even though we showed a bit of ticker, if we played any other team besides the Tigers who were decimated with Injuries we would have lost again. Full-stop. Nothing to get carried away with. It was actually boring to watch and at times embarrassing to see what we were offering in attack.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
let me tell u something....look at the tigers team that played last night...it was a team picked to defend and NOT a attacking 1...the only way they were going to score there tries was by luck and not planned ones..of course they would of defended well,it was there job to do so all week during there training sessions.losing 2 players made the tigers more of a defensive orientated team.we did well over all,be happy..

Reaction score
average performance, good kick chase, good handling for kick return 10/10 however the back line didn't get enough ball!!!!!!! at alllll if not to score. may josh moris's ball but it was a bit late
MICK ENNIS the Mennace
keating could probably put a bit more effort into chasing his own kicks, he seems to do alot of standing around

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I did not see much to be excited about to be honest. The Tigers were garbage last night, and we did just enough to get the win. If the players were feeling the pressure then great, they should of felt the pressure 6 weeks ago. We did just enough to get the win, a typical repeat of any 2010 performance. My views on Kevin remain unchanged, he needs to go.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I did not see much to be excited about to be honest. The Tigers were garbage last night, and we did just enough to get the win. If the players were feeling the pressure then great, they should of felt the pressure 6 weeks ago. We did just enough to get the win, a typical repeat of any 2010 performance. My views on Kevin remain unchanged, he needs to go.
Exactly. While I'm happy with the win...

- No Benji Marshall, who is their main outlet in attack
- They had 1 player injured early, and another later
- 1 of our tries came directly off a really bad fumble
- 1 of our tries came off the back of an inexcusable fumble

There were improvements in certain areas, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
The BIGGEST improvement on fri night was in our attitude.We looked like we wanted to play,we looked like we wanted to have a real go.Sure,our attack seemed to struggle,esp converting our dominance into points,but that will come.I still think we are yet to fully gel as a unit,but that won't happen if we don't put the effort in week after week.Friday night was the best example of us doing just that since the Dragons game at ANZ.I can handle us getting beaten if we have a real crack,I can't stand what we dished up the previous 2 games.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think this deserves a bump so we can all have a chuckle.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing what the Eels did to a Tigers side with Benji and Lawrence puts things in perspective

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seeing what the Eels did to a Tigers side with Benji and Lawrence puts things in perspective
The Eels have a smart alec home ground advantage, away they are ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.