Bringing the fire back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
For the first time in a long time, I saw glimpses tonight of what we've been missing for too long - the 'fire' that earned our club the title 'The Dogs of War'.

Almost all our guys really stood up and appeared to be playing not because it was their 'job' or their 'duty', but because they had a point to prove and a statement to make. They showed up looking like they wanted to play and, most importantly, wanted to win.

Big Tackles and Hit-ups, even late in the game when we'd already sealed the victory, were evidence that we've had some-what of an attitude change to weeks past. I have been saying it for a long time now that our squad has been missing this passion, emotion, and desire to play for not just themselves, but for their coach, their team-mates, their club, and their fans.

Hopefully this was not a one off performance. If we showed up with this mind-set each and every game, and still lost, I would not say I was disappointed with our efforts. Let's hope it is something that can be built upon and, with a bit of luck and perseverance, restored to the level so that we may once again be labelled the 'Dogs of War'.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Settle down. Just take the performance and go. None of this return to old ways carry on just yet.

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i don't know but i reckon we're still very bad at attacking but defensively we were great ! Our tries were mostly from tiger errors and if marshall was there it would've been a different game, nothing to be excited about IMO. At the end of the day i'm very happy we did win and got the 2 points :grinning:

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
oh Jesus, i know im pumped but... NO, glimpse??? only of the slightest, i didnt see too much backslapping going on after someone ran over the top of the opposition. "BETTER" defence but no Dogs of War

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
average performance.

tigers defended well with 2 players down and their best player out. lets not get all out of control here.

we were ok but would have lost to a team who actually showed up.

i feel nothing after that win.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Ok Ok OK... I know I've hyped it up a lot, out of a mixture of excitement and relief, but there were GLIMPSES were I thought to myself 'Finally, we look proud to be out there playing for the blue and white'.

There is definitely still a LONG way to go, but at least tonight was a step in the right direction, and hopefully a direction we continue to take.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i know what you mean Vargster, but i thi9nk it may just be ba=ecause we played better than the rubbish we have served up recently.... keep the faith bro

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
not going to take much from tonites performance but non the less... we got the victory we needed to install confidence back into our team

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I see glimpses.. it was good to see some muscle up and actually forcing players backwards and there were some really positive signs
but in the opposition 20 with the ball we have no idea.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
gotta admit, i rolled my eyes when i seen the 'dogs of war' term dragged out again, but i do agree with your sentiments. a fair show of effort does wonders

that was a big ingredient behind our success in 2009. there were a bunch of other factors too, but effort goes a long way

:grinning:

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Hmm I thought that match was very lacklustre from both sides. Some very dumb plays from both teams and a bit zzzz at the start.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
That's what happens when Moore doesn't select the side...
lolllllllll

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
very relieved we got the 2 points....while it was the greatest performance it was a hell of an improvement

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I thought that match was very lacklustre from both sides. Some very dumb plays from both teams and a bit zzzz at the start.
we were definately still lacking, but it was a significant lift in involvement compared to our last few games. i guess it's something to be happy about

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
we were definately still lacking, but it was a significant lift in involvement compared to our last few games. i guess it's something to be happy about

It was good to see they had worked on a few areas - kicking being the most obvious. It also seemed like they were trying to get the ball to Frank more at the tryline rather than the old put a bomb up and hope Jamal catches it for once routine.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was good to see they had worked on a few areas - kicking being the most obvious. It also seemed like they were trying to get the ball to Frank more at the tryline rather than the old put a bomb up and hope Jamal catches it for once routine.
oh yes. thank god for that. lol

OzHeat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
average performance, good kick chase, good handling for kick return 10/10 however the back line didn't get enough ball!!!!!!! at alllll if not to score. may josh moris's ball but it was a bit late
MICK ENNIS the Mennace

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
average performance, good kick chase, good handling for kick return 10/10 however the back line didn't get enough ball!!!!!!! at alllll if not to score. may josh moris's ball but it was a bit late
MICK ENNIS the Mennace
Say wallah?

Status
Not open for further replies.