Bring back the biff

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Whoa imagine that today you'd have only maybe 2 blokes on each side left....be interesting
Loved when the commentator said 'and the police are on the field' - don't want to spoil what the near by punter said but fck me thats funny every time I hear it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
ok - another one of my faves... this is a dinger.
There's so many funny moments in this - keep an eye out for the dude that runs in at 100 miles an hour in the bottom right. And the dude thats checking out his unconscious mate, looks up and.......
Would've liked 17 or whatever his number was to have copped a flogging, his king hit on that bloke who was checking on his mate was cowardly. Number 11 in blue did alright for himself lol, gave the angry little chihuahua a left hook and the chihuahua suddenly lost interest.
What the hell was with the pink jerseys? Back in those days that team would've been punching on every game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would've liked 17 or whatever his number was to have copped a flogging, his king hit on that bloke who was checking on his mate was cowardly. Number 11 in blue did alright for himself lol, gave the angry little chihuahua a left hook and the chihuahua suddenly lost interest.
What the hell was with the pink jerseys? Back in those days that team would've been punching on every game.
I honestly ONLY used to watch Origin for the fights.

Now I watch only because there isn't anything else on lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Origin has lost everything that made it great back in the day. Now they might as well just play Broncos vs Roosters.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
League is bit stale at the moment. We're doing ok but I miss my league biff. So challenging all to put up there best biff videos.

This is a bit more than biff but by far the craziest shit I've seen - should get you inspired (and thanks to PNG footy - u guys are sick fckers - plenty more than this).

Not being racist but that's very f$^&ing primitive and ape like. They just start fighting anyone for no reason.

That being said would love to see the biff back in the game. Especially in the good Friday matches! TPJ vs Cody Wanker

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

They really messed up with origin and the biff, its a dying concept now for that and other reasons as seen here.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Not being racist but that's very f$^&ing primitive and ape like. They just start fighting anyone for no reason.

That being said would love to see the biff back in the game. Especially in the good Friday matches! TPJ vs Cody Wanker
Best example I've ever seen of ignoring everything before the 'but'.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just for the irony of who gets sent...
Now theres one for a trivia night....

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets go with a classic...
Les Boyed and Tommy Raudonikis were always two low dirtbags of the worst kind I'm glad the game has progressed beyond their loutish stupidity!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Les Boyed and Tommy Raudonikis were always two low dirtbags of the worst kind I'm glad the game has progressed beyond their loutish stupidity!
Les Boyd was an out-n-out thug.
Tommy played the game as tough as anyone and held his own despite being a halfback. He was a warrior.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Les Boyd was an out-n-out thug.
Tommy played the game as tough as anyone and held his own despite being a halfback. He was a warrior.
Different era - was so much sly stuff going on. Disagree about Boyd though - u always saw him coming (well most of the time anyway). And if u didn't know Boyd was gunna try take your head off - thats more on you. He's always remembered for the Brohman hit but according to Boyd, he was told by 3 Aussie selectors (NSW guys) to kill a few as they didn't want qlders in the Aussie team. And per Boyd - Brohman was just unlucky, he really wanted to take out Miles or Lewis but ever got the chance.

Apologised during and after the game. When Brohman sued him (which in itself was unheard of) he settled out of court for $35k (a fairly stupid sum at the time). Always think the guy was the typical, if he's on your team u love him, if not....

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now does anyone remember Kieth Hargy (not sure of spelling) played for the Dogs probably in the late 70-80s in the forwards?
He was always loutish and I can remember him caught in a standing tackle with the opposing player around his ankles so he wasn't going anywhere and as another defender came in to finish the tackle Hargy let fly with a solid elbow to the guy's head that knocked him out cold.
I think he was suspended for about 8 weeks...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Different era - was so much sly stuff going on. Disagree about Boyd though - u always saw him coming (well most of the time anyway). And if u didn't know Boyd was gunna try take your head off - thats more on you. He's always remembered for the Brohman hit but according to Boyd, he was told by 3 Aussie selectors (NSW guys) to kill a few as they didn't want qlders in the Aussie team. And per Boyd - Brohman was just unlucky, he really wanted to take out Miles or Lewis but ever got the chance.

Apologised during and after the game. When Brohman sued him (which in itself was unheard of) he settled out of court for $35k (a fairly stupid sum at the time). Always think the guy was the typical, if he's on your team u love him, if not....
Make no mistake, Boyd was certainly tough. And feared. Wholeheartedly agree with that.
But he got rubbed out for nearly a whole season for eye-gouging, that fucking thuggish crap is as bad as it gets.