- Stimson
- Chrichton
- Katoa x2
- Chris Smith
- Harding
- Cotric on big money to play centre
- Cogger
- Meaney

These are the players signed under the last 3 years of the Anderson’s and Pay.

If that was allowed to go on for 3 years, Barrett deserves to at least see out his contract and given time to build his own team.
We all know Pay wasn’t given the licence to recruit, and certainly not anyone decent. The board was waiting around for the 2021 Holy Grail. Well it’s arrived.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
That’s your view.

There is certainly no reasonable basis, nor has there ever been, for claiming Barrett is “the coach to take us to where we need to be” - if that is the claim. The only coaches who can, based on facts, are those who have won premierships.
Ah no, I personally did not claim that. But there are some that are saying they want Pay back and shouldn't have been sacked in the first place blah blah blah... My comment above is just a reply to that.

FTR I was skeptical on Barrett's ability from day one but happy to be proven wrong.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With immediate effect.

He had far less to work with and yet we looked far better than Barrett’s rabble. Let’s throw him a bone and let him continue with what he was building.

The job Pay was doing doesn’t look too bad anymore does it you pack of flogs.
You must be delusional if you think that will happen. And you have the nerve to call us flogs lmao

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2ndpahse , Teddybear, Bob dog, Kebab74.

I’m with you all.!!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Under Pay: Overachieving.

Under Barret: Underachieving.

By right we should have been flogged every game and got the spoon under pay. But somehow our defence was enough to turn most games into a war of attrition. We lost and our attack sucked, but at least we werent flogged consecutively.
This quote is 100% fact. Pay never won a spoon had a roster handicapped beyond belief and a playing group way worse than our current group.

Get that up ya FBaz, what are you going to do???
For farkkkk sake.

Pay had Tolman, Sue and I hate to say it, Liccha who were all solid defenders. We had to let them go to move forward.

Pay bought Napa, Stimson, Britt and Katoa to the club. How are they playing?

He let the Morris boys and Harper go and perhaps some others.

Barrett has snared the signatures of Burton and Fox. I know that the Board are working behind the scenes to secure talent for next year and I have faith in what they are trying to do.

Do you honestly believe that Pay could have attracted those boys to the club?

The 6 again rule and other refereeing decisions are killing us. Dumb mistakes and poor ball control don't help our cause.

TBaz isn't perfect and should be held accountable for bringing Waddell to the club. TBaz doesn't coach them to drop the ball etc .

Many posters on here said when defending Pay, that Pay needed time to build his roster. Same goes for TBaz. Judge him on 2022 and beyond.

We're all hurting, however fair mindedness and

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wanting Pay or Des back is the ultimate acceptance of mediocrity and failure. Just because we're not improving doesn't mean we have to settle for someone who was proven to not be good enough or to go backwards.

Barrett may not be the answer either. But Pay certainly wasn't and obviously Des created this whole cluster fuck in the first place. So if you think Barrett needs to be replaced, so be it, but let's aim a little higher than Pay's 12th placed finishes and 10 point a game average in attack shall we?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People keep saying Barret snared JAC and Burton but Pay wouldn't have with no proof what so ever, just keep the arguments to facts not hunches and remember some recruits had to be bought to spend the cap, we had some rubbish to pick from and we got rubbish we have Flanno now ,woo hoo hallehlujah hes not a halfbacks asshole lets hope Burton can take some pressure off him next year by doing his job for him no i dont want Pay back but Barret is as much a good coach as Flanno is a good halfback!

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wanting Pay or Des back is the ultimate acceptance of mediocrity and failure. Just because we're not improving doesn't mean we have to settle for someone who was proven to not be good enough or to go backwards.

Barrett may not be the answer either. But Pay certainly wasn't and obviously Des created this whole cluster fuck in the first place. So if you think Barrett needs to be replaced, so be it, but let's aim a little higher than Pay's 12th placed finishes and 10 point a game average in attack shall we?
If Pay was to be replaced, it shouldn’t have been by an unproven inexperienced failure like Barrett. Premiership winners (excluding Flanagan) need only apply please.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Pay was to be replaced, it shouldn’t have been by an unproven inexperienced failure like Barrett. Premiership winners (excluding Flanagan) need only apply please.
I wanted Holbrook at the time who's done a good job at the Titans and when they overlooked him to extend Pay, Griffin was my next choice. Either were far more qualified than Barrett.

Limiting the choices to premiership winners means Bennett or no one else. And someone like Skeletor may be next in line after he finishes at Souths if we continue to struggle.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The reason why some players aren't putting in for TB is because they know they aren't in the clubs future plans. TB needs to be given the opportunity to select his team then be judged on those performances.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For farkkkk sake.

Pay had Tolman, Sue and I hate to say it, Liccha who were all solid defenders. We had to let them go to move forward.

Pay bought Napa, Stimson, Britt and Katoa to the club. How are they playing?

He let the Morris boys and Harper go and perhaps some others.

Barrett has snared the signatures of Burton and Fox. I know that the Board are working behind the scenes to secure talent for next year and I have faith in what they are trying to do.

Do you honestly believe that Pay could have attracted those boys to the club?

The 6 again rule and other refereeing decisions are killing us. Dumb mistakes and poor ball control don't help our cause.

TBaz isn't perfect and should be held accountable for bringing Waddell to the club. TBaz doesn't coach them to drop the ball etc .

Many posters on here said when defending Pay, that Pay needed time to build his roster. Same goes for TBaz. Judge him on 2022 and beyond.

We're all hurting, however fair mindedness and
This quote is 100% fact. Pay never won a spoon had a roster handicapped beyond belief and a playing group way worse than our current group.

Get that up ya FBaz, what are you going to do???

Fairly poor use of my quote.. I was responding to the comment that if Barrett gets the spoon then Pay is a better coach. I didn't think Pay was the way forward as @DinkumDog will attest and I wanted him gone. But, facts are facts. Pay didn't win the spoon and Barrett has had a far say in the roster and also hired all his own people. If he gets the spoon he should own it.

However, based on recent form Barrett does not appear to accept any responsibility for where we are at, its the forwards fault, the halves fault, the bloke on the hills fault...etc.

I am also sick of being told to be patient and next year is the year crap...