Brett Morris, a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbb35

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is being paid handsomely as a FULLBACK.

He took EIGHT hitups tonight in a semi final.....8.

RTS took 24 hitups and was the major difference tonight.

Last week there was an article that said he was the LEAST involved fullback out of the 8 fullbacks who took the field last week.

DES- this guy was a ST MERGE hero on the wing and is a monster winger....Perret is shit....buy a fullback and put B.MoZ where he belongs.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You answered your own question he isn't a fullback but I think his doing a go job

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you talking about the same Brett Morris that kept us in the game with his defense? Or another guy by the same name that just happen to be on the field? Cause, a fullback is only as good as the players around him, if our boys have trouble offloading, what is he supposed to do, snatched the ball off them?
Your only as strong as your weakest link... at the moment, that weak link tag is a coin flip between Perret/Lafai and our non - existent halves.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
omg your an idiot he ****ing played fantastic for a first time fullback for the season...just because we are knocked out you have to bash onto someone. If anything he saved more points than what roosters could have scored on us...he was a fantastic buy and no offense but your retarded..

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst post of tonight. Has been the only attacking spark all year and has done a good job in his first year at fullback. Can't compare stats of today when the game was over after the 51st minute

cbb35

Waterboy
Reaction score
We were crap tonight, but he simply did not do enough of the tough stuff.
At the merge, he would kill it from dummy half....didnt have a go in my opinion....all this "bulldogs for life" shit he spruiked but he hasnt showed it yet.
His "try savers" were fairly regulation for mine.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He saved 3 try's tonight if it wasn't for him the score would of looked more uglier than what it was. He isn't a waste of money just playing out of position.

cbb35

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brett being our major spark in attack says alot about our shithouse halves. Its my opinion guys....8 hitups = not having a decent dig in my opinion.

Im seething after this season - so much potential , a better squad than last year - yet we flopped and have gone backwards in my honest opinion.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
waste of money??

WOW.

he would ve been more involved if he didnt have to make all those try saving tackles tonight.

4 trys he stopped on his own tonight and you say he is a waste of money? FMD!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is best suited as a winger but then we need a ball playing 5/8th, 5/8th and halfback who can actually pass and kick to him or Rona or our centres...

cbb35

Waterboy
Reaction score
waste of money??

WOW.

he would ve been more involved if he didnt have to make all those try saving tackles tonight.

4 trys he stopped on his own tonight and you say he is a waste of money? FMD!
8 hitups in a semi final - 8.

Let the ball bounce on a crucial kick, got stood up like a pot plant on the RTS try and was leaning on the goal post as Cornder strolled through untouched.

I expected a lot more from him this season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple fact is that he isnt a fullback, but doing the best he can

He simply has too strong/heavy a build to play the involved game most fullbacks do these days like RTS, Munster, Coote, Moylan, Stewart etc

The best thing for us would be if we could play an actual fullback and move Morris to the wing where he is the worlds best

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Simple fact is that he isnt a fullback, but doing the best he can

He simply has too strong/heavy a build to play the involved game most fullbacks do these days like RTS, Munster, Coote, Moylan, Stewart etc

The best thing for us would be if we could play an actual fullback and move Morris to the wing where he is the worlds best
You know what I don't get. when everyone says they hate preseason because des kills them in fitness and so on, Yet we have the fattest most unfit side in the comp in my opinion

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Brett we would of lost by 50 plus
disagree with this thread 100%

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bad call, Brett and tank were our best players i thought considering the refs poor decisions.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what I don't get. when everyone says they hate preseason because des kills them in fitness and so on, Yet we have the fattest most unfit side in the comp in my opinion
Same story year in year out.. We never hit the ground running and drop some very winnable games during the year

Cost us a top 4 this year

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If I ever see him in a proposed line up for next year I'll flip it. He was exposed badly tonight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was great tonight, scoreline would have been a lot worse without him. Lets be honest have we ever looked very threatening when he wasn't in the side? Worth every cent imo.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was great tonight, scoreline would have been a lot worse without him. Lets be honest have we ever looked very threatening when he wasn't in the side? Worth every cent imo.
He may have. But he leaked three tries by my count any other fullback would have saved.

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brett Morris isn't a Full back - simple as that. The big heads at the dogs need to do a lot of thinking in the off season, because most of the players are hopeless in their positions. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.