Fox Sports Brent Read Say's Bulldogs Trying To Organise Elliott On A Player Swap.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Elliott is on 500k or 480k james is on minimum. No Fucking way we “trade” that.

If we swap it’s for another 480/500k player. I think sack the **** is best play then we could sign james etc for minimum and have 300k+ to cap.

I don’t buy into this unless it’s like other said maybe tapine.

We won’t touch chn.

Gus isn’t stupid he isn’t trading cap mismatch’s or more walking headlines like chn.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Swap for Ryan James would be fair. We could use an extra benchy middle forward an he would be an upgrade on Ogden and Atoni.
As much as I like James too - If we're moving on Elliott, Doorey is gone for 6-9 months and RFM is struggling with his foot fracture, we need to get a back rower in that trade.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chn would be amazing he is so good but how stupid would the club look.. getting rid of one and behavioural player to sign a old previous one

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliott is shit. Why would any other club want him, let alone want to do a player-swap? People are kidding themselves if they think we’d be getting an upgrade on Elliott anyway. Other than the Tigers, no other club is that stupid with their recruitment.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN is exactly like Elliot in that he has many issues off the paddock and he isn't turning those issues around. Ryan would be a good fit for us & Horsburg somewhat but remember he does tend to get himself in trouble off the field too. I would steer well clear of Brooks because the only half I would chase for us is Pearce.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have a shit load of edge forwards. Need more middle coverage so if it is the Raiders I wouldn't mind Horsbrough. Another guy I've mentioned and could be possible with Gus' link to the Warriors is Jamayne Taunoa Brown. Warriors were also keen on Elliott so could be on the cards.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why even bother swapping? Just sack him and we have cash in hand.
My thoughts are the only reason for a swap rather than sack him is because that's the only way a club would release one of their contracted players to us & no body else. So if our desired player is from a club that likes Elliott, we use him as a way to get what we want.

My restrictions would be that they must take on his wage though.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a shit load of edge forwards. Need more middle coverage so if it is the Raiders I wouldn't mind Horsbrough. Another guy I've mentioned and could be possible with Gus' link to the Warriors is Jamayne Taunoa Brown. Warriors were also keen on Elliott so could be on the cards.
How about

Elise Katoa???

Kodi Nikorima???

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliott is on 500k or 480k james is on minimum. No Fucking way we “trade” that.

If we swap it’s for another 480/500k player. I think sack the **** is best play then we could sign james etc for minimum and have 300k+ to cap.

I don’t buy into this unless it’s like other said maybe tapine.

We won’t touch chn.

Gus isn’t stupid he isn’t trading cap mismatch’s or more walking headlines like chn.
If we swap and both clubs carry full freight we get the difference back on the cap anyway.