Official Brent Naden signs with the Bulldogs until 2023

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a massive difference. Look at Cleary and Luai (Hodkinson and Reynolds if you want a doggies e.g.). Those 2 playstyles together are your ideal combination (yin and yang). 6 - x-factor, feeling based, chips in, plays both sides more than the other. 7 - implements game plan, organises, general, long kicking, etc (doing these roles will take away from your individual ability). 6 and 7 need to overlap in roles a bit (less predictable) but they aren't the same. If Panthers are our blueprint - Burton 6, Flanagan 7.
Yeah but Flanagan doesn't exist in the same universe as Cleary at the moment. Maybe he improves, we'll see - but we can't just settle on him long term if he continues to show he isn't up to it.

If he doesn't, then the blueprint might be more like Munster and Hughes or Wighton and Williams.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is a massive difference. Look at Cleary and Luai (Hodkinson and Reynolds if you want a doggies e.g.). Those 2 playstyles together are your ideal combination (yin and yang). 6 - x-factor, feeling based, chips in, plays both sides more than the other. 7 - implements game plan, organises, general, long kicking, etc (doing these roles will take away from your individual ability). 6 and 7 need to overlap in roles a bit (less predictable) but they aren't the same. If Panthers are our blueprint - Burton 6, Flanagan 7.
ok

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does for some teams: Panthers, Rabbitohs, Sharks etc
Yea thats my point and what beast mode was saying. It varies and teams dont see it like they used to. There are some teams that follow that and others that dont. Hence why i said it doesnt mean much

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For me
1.Meaney (Allan/DWZ)
2. (L) JAC
3. (L) Naden
4. (R) Cotric [emoji848]
5. (R) Okunbur
6. (L) Burton
7 (R) Averillo
Meaney if used backing up in the middle , can ball play and has a short kicking game. Safe under high ball
Allan good ball player but too slow for mine.
DWZ despite his hard running and courage there’s not much else.
I like Okunbur because he gets us on the front foot from our end. He like DWZ has feet for hands but he is good defending and attacking the high kick.
Both have no idea reading numbers in defence.
Odd ones out for me are Flanagan ( but we know that won’t happen) DWZ and Allan.
I thought at the time Allan was a bad signing.
Schoup as back up centre.
Hoppa , anywhere but Belmore
But without a good 9 and another front rower we will still struggle a bit
Okunbur good at defending? What?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but Flanagan doesn't exist in the same universe as Cleary at the moment. Maybe he improves, we'll see - but we can't just settle on him long term if he continues to show he isn't up to it.

If he doesn't, then the blueprint might be more like Munster and Hughes or Wighton and Williams.
That's possible but I wouldn't say that's the front runner right now (Averillo and Burton).

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly why Luai got the 6 over Burton even though Burton is an epic talent. Luai/Cleary have a long history and complement perfectly. Barrett will definitely try and replicate it.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. DWZ
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. JMK (Hopefully we nab a genuine 9)
10. Atoni
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. RFM

14. Averillo
15. Hetherington
16. Hopefully we nab a genuine prop
17. Hopefully we nab a genuine prop

Keep for depth; Okunbor, Chris Smith, JMK

Release;
Ogden, Britt, Crichton, Hopoate, Karaitiana, S.Katoa, T.Katoa, Lewis, Roumanos, Seumanufagai, Napa, Patolo, Picken,

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me
1.Meaney (Allan/DWZ)
2. (L) JAC
3. (L) Naden
4. (R) Cotric [emoji848]
5. (R) Okunbur
6. (L) Burton
7 (R) Averillo
Meaney if used backing up in the middle , can ball play and has a short kicking game. Safe under high ball
Allan good ball player but too slow for mine.
DWZ despite his hard running and courage there’s not much else.
I like Okunbur because he gets us on the front foot from our end. He like DWZ has feet for hands but he is good defending and attacking the high kick.
Both have no idea reading numbers in defence.
Odd ones out for me are Flanagan ( but we know that won’t happen) DWZ and Allan.
I thought at the time Allan was a bad signing.
Schoup as back up centre.
Hoppa , anywhere but Belmore
But without a good 9 and another front rower we will still struggle a bit
I dont think we give up on Flannagan just yet..........

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Cotric / Allen
5. Allen / DWZ / Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanno