BRENT NADEN RESUME!!

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think u also can be confident however that the kicks will be from Burton who in the footage sets up one of this tries for Naden.. Burton Naden and Josh Addo Carr coming at you on a left side raid with DWZ or Averillo chiming in the line at FB is a scary thought for tiring defences or poor reads of defences in the red zone.. Looking forward to our 2022 games and beyond..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For those worried about Naden off the field, there's no risk for the club. If he acts up again, his contract will be torn up and he'd struggle to land with another NRL club for a while.

So considering his reasonable salary, it's a low risk high reward move for two seasons. Naden has all of the incentive to turn things around and prove he's put everything behind him and hopefully he does for his and the clubs sake...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that the forwards play a big part in setting the platform for the halves to perform. But the first game I was able to watch this year I saw on about 5 occasions that we were within 10-15m of the line and he just tried to push the ball to the edge quickly each time. I missed the first three or four games because I had to work so I don't know if that was his trend beforehand. But if he was in that habit in the earlier games then it gives coaches some insight into how they set their defense. I have no issues with the halves going through the hands as long as they shake it up by kicking on the last as well to put the defense in two minds about what the next play will be. Good halves aren't predictable.

I think it's partly a question of vision and partly knowing what he's had success with before. While I don't think he puts in these short kicks enough when the defense is set with numbers, I have seen him set up a couple of tries with decent passes to a winger or centre. So at this point I don't know if he's just relying on what has worked for him or if he isn't reading the defense because he's lacking a bit of vision. Hopefully it's not a lack of vision. Because if he's able to keep the defense in two minds it makes both running on the last and a short attacking kick on the last more dangerous.
There have been times when the fullback has come up in the defence, and a chip kick was on - also opportunities when we've had an overlap out wide, where a kick ahead would have guaranteed a try rather than push it through the hands; but Flanagan failed to read the situation.

He will learn as he develops.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He can play but what worries me is his defense and that he might be suspect to having 'Paul Carriage' moments like when he almost handed roosters the win in last years semi final where they attempted a short kick off from the restart with 3mins to go and he charged onto the ball before it had gone the 10m whilst the rest of the players (and every rugby league fan) who knew the rules were standing around waiting for the ball to go the 10m.

Crichton scores off the next play.

That's almost unforgivable for a professional rugby league player.

View attachment 23640
Omg...Are we really going to break down every error of every player

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of his tries were untouched or off a kick and most importantly with a team that won 17 in a row.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. It means he puts himself in a position to score. We all complain about how poor our support play has been, maybe he’ll bring some support play

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In last years GF when Panthers got blown off the park like deer in headlights

And Cleary coaching master stroke benching Naden for May backfired

Noticeable that Panthers rallied back when Naden entered the fray

He possibly may have been high but he still kickstarted a rudderless Panthers to avoid an embarrassing thrashing on the big stage

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He can play but what worries me is his defense and that he might be suspect to having 'Paul Carriage' moments like when he almost handed roosters the win in last years semi final where they attempted a short kick off from the restart with 3mins to go and he charged onto the ball before it had gone the 10m whilst the rest of the players (and every rugby league fan) who knew the rules were standing around waiting for the ball to go the 10m.

Crichton scores off the next play.

That's almost unforgivable for a professional rugby league player.

View attachment 23640
Come on mate it was one moment I’m sure he won’t repeat.. better to get that shit out of the way before he joins the blue and whites.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wanted Topine to be left edge... But not anymore as its likely he won't be able to link with Schoupp if he gets a run. Right edge or lock for Topine now. Id say Elliot would hold the left spot unless Baz is still keen on RFM...
RFM miles in front of Elliot.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can play both sides of the field, nice, can Trent milk his immediate release?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen that running stance and body shape somewhere before... a great player to watch in full flight...
Young Mark Mcgaw aka “The Hammer”

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Meaney unsigned at present, is Naden our potential fullback? With some class backs on the roster and coming through the ranks ( Schoupp & Alomati ) where does everyone potentially fit.