Breakfast

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let’s talk about breakfast. I’m interesting in knowing what YOU have for breakfast. Here’s a few questions.
  1. What do you have for breakfast?
  2. Do you have it at home, on the way to work, or at work?
  3. What time do you have it?
I ask because at this new place, I've noticed A LOT of people have breakfast in the office, and they scab the office milk in process.

Mine:

- What do you have for breakfast? Cereal. I generally mix it up a but bit, but Corn Flakes is almost ways there with something else such as muesli. There are times when I'll get Crunchy Nut or Milo among others to mix with it. Sometimes on weekends though I won't have cereal at home, I'll just head to the local cafe and have a coffee there while reading the paper - I like that.

- Do you have it at home, on the way to work, or at work? At home. I can't possibly leave the house on an empty stomach, and people who eat their brekky on the train stinking out the entire car should silently be put down. I also need to brush my teeth after brekky and I REFUSE to brush my teeth in the office toilets. Talk about disgusting.

-What time do you have it? When I wake up, generally before 6am. On the weekends though anytime between 8:00-9:00am (I love my weekend sleep-ins) and sometimes on weekends.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
- Oats w/Berries and a protein shake.
- Home. Same as @Wahesh I refuse to leave the house for work in the morning unless there’s fuel in the tank
- Usually sometime between 530-630am

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
4 egg whites 1full egg cup of yogurt 2slices of bread and a cup of tea.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not much of a morning eater to be honest. Waste of calories that can be saved for something better later in the day! haha

On weekends I'll probably do the whole cafe/brunch thing with my partner and mates, but otherwise during the week I go a lot more days than not, not eating until lunch.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have breakfast, I fast (intermittent fasting). My first meal is at 12pm

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s talk about breakfast. I’m interesting in knowing what YOU have for breakfast. Here’s a few questions.
  1. What do you have for breakfast?
  2. Do you have it at home, on the way to work, or at work?
  3. What time do you have it?
I ask because at this new place, I've noticed A LOT of people have breakfast in the office, and they scab the office milk in process.

Mine:

- What do you have for breakfast? Cereal. I generally mix it up a but bit, but Corn Flakes is almost ways there with something else such as muesli. There are times when I'll get Crunchy Nut or Milo among others to mix with it. Sometimes on weekends though I won't have cereal at home, I'll just head to the local cafe and have a coffee there while reading the paper - I like that.

- Do you have it at home, on the way to work, or at work? At home. I can't possibly leave the house on an empty stomach, and people who eat their brekky on the train stinking out the entire car should silently be put down. I also need to brush my teeth after brekky and I REFUSE to brush my teeth in the office toilets. Talk about disgusting.

-What time do you have it? When I wake up, generally before 6am. On the weekends though anytime between 8:00-9:00am (I love my weekend sleep-ins) and sometimes on weekends.
Do you seriously do any work?

For the record, i've recently started on the diet shakes for breakfast, i find they are ok, but you need to have a healthy snack handy (I have an apple) as its a struggle to get to lunch.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Do you seriously do any work?

For the record, i've recently started on the diet shakes for breakfast, i find they are ok, but you need to have a healthy snack handy (I have an apple) as its a struggle to get to lunch.
Why are you picking on me? There's plenty of other people here who create threads.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It varies but my usual breakfast is:

- 2 eggs
- 5-6 olives
- Lettuce
- Avocado
- Hand full of grapes

Sometimes I'll throw in some wholemeal bread, carrot, haloumi, pear, watermelon. Depends how I feel on the day.

Usually eat at the office.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting thing regarding breakfast. There's some research coming out of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and several other research institutions that has found that intermittent fasting may extend your lifetime. Specifically, skipping breakfast and eating lunch and dinner around 6 hours apart with no snacking and no real caloric restrictions for lunch and dinner (eat as much as you want for lunch and dinner)

Of course it has only been tested on rats as it's a lot harder to test on humans. Research shows that caloric restrictions while also fasting can cause metabolic issues in humans, but possibly not when eating lots during lunch and dinner. Of course it depends what you eat too. If you're eating crap for lunch and dinner then it's unlikely to help.