Official Brandon Wakeham signs with Tigers

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why is this in the Bulldogs Discussion? Learning under Benji might do some good for his poor decision making. His weakness was that and along with his physical appearance and speed. I thought he was mismanaged and brought in too early just like a few young players we have had over the years due to shit coaches and poor roster. I will be cheering for him except when against us.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this in the Bulldogs Discussion? Learning under Benji might do some good for his poor decision making. His weakness was that and along with his physical appearance and speed. I thought he was mismanaged and brought in too early just like a few young players we have had over the years due to shit coaches and poor roster. I will be cheering for him except when against us.
So you agree that he has poor decision making, is physically weak and slow. In other words he's crap. Dogs should have got rid of him years ago.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to him
I never rated him at all, and never understood what a lot of fan boys saw in him.
Much like Okonbor I just could tell early on they are not, and will never be nrl level players.

Thus far I am proven correct.
Agreed. Sad that so many on TK thought he was our future HB and wanted to give him more games. He was a clear dud when I saw him play the first few games. Played like a deer caught in headlights and way out of his depth.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he sees some game time. Consistency is the key if he gets that right he could be anything. Wish him the best.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to him. If they get a few injuries he may get a game or two at some stage. I wish him the best. He shows some nice skill at times, he just never put it all together in FG.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shame they didn’t take Flanagan instead. Wakeham > the gun.
Wakeham was off-contract = value buy.
Flanagan is on-contract ($450k-$500k reportedly) = "overs" (at least on past performance. Hopefully Ciraldo can get him to "level up", somewhat).
Tigers probably not willing to pay enough to make it worth our while to send him packing at this point.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't you the bloke that didn't think Wally Lewis was any good? I'm not suggesting that Wakeham is another Lewis but perhaps you're a hard marker?
I said Wally Lewis was overrated and a failure at ARL level. You said he was the GOAT. Check Wally's full career record at the Broncos and Gold Coast and see who is right. The virtual Origin team aka Broncos never made a GF while Lewis was there. Gold Coast won their first wooden spoon with Lewis.
I said Wakeham was crap after I saw his first few games at NRL while many on TK said he was our future HB and said I shouldn't judge him after a few games. I've been proven right.
I also said Flanno was shite just after the Dogs signed him and months before he played a game for us. I've been proven right again.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had oppportunities just never stepped up