Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pissoff back to Your Smelliott threads u are making yourself look silly as....LOL
Nah, he’s limited. Spending close to a million a season for a player of his caliber is exactly the sort of dumb decision that got us to where we are today. If we sign him I give him 3 weeks before you all turn on him.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He won't make a decision until November apparently
Option A: does he stay and try win 3 premierships in a row after Storm win again this year... Then leave to the next Brisbane franchise.

Or

Option B: sign with the Bulldogs, don't have a shot at 3 premierships in a row... And likely make less money than he would from Brisbane franchise.

I don't think it'll go the way we want it too sadly

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AFB and Lodge in the front row with an experienced half in Townsend with Walsh at the back... should be interesting
I see them finishing 8th if everyone stays fit once they get Aitken and Curran back

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we may have to bide our time next year. I'm pretty sure every good hooker is off contract at the end of 22. Both bariley boys, mahouny, Smith, korisou a few others I believe also. Thats just the hooker poistion. Then theres a whole heap of other guns off contract as well led by papaheasen. Would rather wait then sign some shit **** just for the sake of it.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No we dont. re sign JMK and wait for someone of quality to become available. A rookie from Penrith whos shithouse isnt going to help us
100% agree. Resign JMK and wait for 2023 to bring in a gun hooker. Hate to break it to you all but I don't see us making the 8 next year either. If we can snag TPJ that'll put us in an alright position plus if we can have more astute Waddell type buys (players with potential on the cheap who don't play like shit) to fill out the rest of the top 30.

Mitch Kenny has had just as much of an opportunity as JMK has in a good side and hasn't produced. JMK has had very minimal games behind a pack that actually goes forward.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, he’s limited. Spending close to a million a season for a player of his caliber is exactly the sort of dumb decision that got us to where we are today. If we sign him I give him 3 weeks before you all turn on him.
Yeah but that's a given. We could sign Turbo for $2 and he could have two MoM performances and then drop the ball once in his third game and TK would turn on him.

Malla

Reaction score
Melbourne won’t let him go this year and next, I think this ship has sailed. There’s some concern over Grants health long term.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah but that's a given. We could sign Turbo for $2 and he could have two MoM performances and then drop the ball once in his third game and TK would turn on him.
Seriously, Turbo would make a huge difference to our team. Brandon would not. He’s not the answer..... and he’s not worth anything close to 900k.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to get over the "he's not worth that much" shit now. If want a good game changing player we are going to have to over pay.

Simple as that.
100% we have to pay overs to get decent players at the moment.
If we don’t bite the bullet and make some signings all available decent targets will sign elsewhere and we will have more of the same for another year or two

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, Turbo eoukd nake a huge difference to our team. Brandon would not. He’s not the answer..... and he’s not worth anything close to 900k.
I remember when there was talk we offered the brother a massive amount people didn't want to because "its too much" lol Jake isn't worth that b

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
SOS to Smith, offer him a cut of league's club if we have to, whatever it takes, get a better accountant and make it happen. 850k on the salary cap $500k paper bags

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% we have to pay overs to get decent players at the moment.
If we don’t bite the bullet and make some signings all available decent targets will sign elsewhere and we will have more of the same for another year or two
People forget we had Foran at 1.2, Cheese is worth 900 if that is considered overs it's still more value than we have forked out in the past. Not to mention Forans form at the warriors prior to coming to us didn't justify the wage either, as well as his injury history and off field issues. At least cheese is playing good footy and from a good system.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If he’s still in the mix just give him a pen and tell him to write down the number he wants. It looks like we will struggle to sign a dummy half for next year.