Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: Trent Barrett’s secret meeting with Storm star Brandon Smith
Canterbury is continuing to up its impressive recruitment drive — check out all the latest NRL chatter and more.

Phil RothfieldPhil Rothfield - The Drunk
Follow
@BuzzRothfield

6 min read
May 1, 2021 - 6:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS0:49
Trent Barrett denies he's poaching Panthers
NRL: Following the recent signing of Brent Naden, Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett has denied that he's poaching players from Panthers.

Coach Trent Barrett will do anything to hide his recruitment planning and targets at the Canterbury Bulldogs.
Especially when he’s chasing a player of the calibre of Storm forward Brandon Smith and wants to keep it all cute.
On Wednesday morning Barrett was doing a radio interview on the Big Sports Breakfast when host Laurie Daley worked out he was at an airport from the background noise. “Where are you off to Baz,” Daley asked.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
“Just going home to Temora,” Barrett said.
Turns out the Bulldogs coach was actually about to board a flight for Melbourne.
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett flew to Melbourne last week. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett flew to Melbourne last week. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images
He was spotted by one of our readers.
Barrett told me: “I was just down there catching up with The Fox (Josh-Addo Carr, who has signed with the Bulldogs).”
I told him he had also been spotted with Smith.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch A Discovery of Witches on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
“Yep, he just happened to pop in when we were chatting,” Barrett said.
Barrett needs to be careful because Smith is still under contract at Storm until the end of next season. Storm is prepared to release him early on the condition they can get a like for like replacement.
That’s something the Bulldogs might struggle to come up with.
fuck I can't stand looking at that piss soaked old flog ,Rothfield epitomizes all that is wrong with rugby league journalism.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Bellamy has confirmed Smith has requested a release. And they want a player in return. Hopefully that player is being negotiated by the two clubs now.
Just read about him talking about this on NRL 360. While I don't blame the Storm for demanding a quality swap, given that we've gifted them Finucane, Kasiano and Reimis Smith over the years without asking for anything in return, if we're possibly in line to sign him they'd be assholes not to release him. But I've always felt pissed that our club hasn't done the same with regards to denying releases without getting a good player in return.

If in the next year or five we're in a position where we've got someone good wanting out I really hope that we stop being soft and just releasing a player and demanding something in return.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what sort of player storm will want.. theyre pretty stacked without smith.. I wouldn't be surprised if they would ask for topine.. cause he can cover the hooker/lock role smith does... hopefully we don't give him up though if they did want him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder what sort of player storm will want.. theyre pretty stacked without smith.. I wouldn't be surprised if they would ask for topine.. cause he can cover the hooker/lock role smith does... hopefully we don't give him up though if they did want him.
I'd be offering Stimson, Waddell, RFM and Doorey (one of our second rowers). I'd say Topine isn't an option.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In my honest and fair review with this I suggest Trent the following;

WAKEHAM
ELLIOT
HOPPA

3 for 1 deal. How could he possibly refuse such calibre players.
Trent I know you read the forum you sexy pleasure machine. Make this happen.

Like and reply Trent. Like and reply...

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be offering Stimson, Waddell, RFM and Doorey (one of our second rowers). I'd say Topine isn't an option.
That would be nice if they took one of them. They also might have an interest in Allen. Particularly if hynes leaves. Allen would go really well in the storm system.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Storm hooker Brandon Smith is set to stay at Melbourne for 2022 and fight for a starting position after turning down approaches from NRL rivals most notably the Bulldogs. The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield reported Smith will shun a lucrative offer to link with the Bulldogs in favour of remaining at the Storm for another season at least. Smith met with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett last week but will not follow Storm teammate Josh Addo-Carr to Belmore next season.

The 24-year-old instead will look to test his value on the open market in 2023 when the new Brisbane expansion team is expected to become the NRL’s 17th team.

Manly experts believe the recent signing of Xavier Coates and Smith’s decision hints that coach Craig Bellamy will be coaching the Storm next year.

Few players settle their futures without knowing who the coach is going to be, so Bellamy will likely have at least one more year at the helm of the Storm.

The 24-year-old instead will look to test his value on the open market in 2023 when the new Brisbane expansion team is expected to become the NRL’s 17th team.

Manly experts believe the recent signing of Xavier Coates and Smith’s decision hints that coach Craig Bellamy will be coaching the Storm next year.

Few players settle their futures without knowing who the coach is going to be, so Bellamy will likely have at least one more year at the helm of the Storm.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Loose lips sink ships.
True that and wouldn’t expect anything to be given away on a public forum, just curious because if we have signed him, then this article is a complete fabrication.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt cheese would come to us, thats why we had a crack at hodgson.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True that and wouldn’t expect anything to be given away on a public forum, just curious because if we have signed him, then this article is a complete fabrication.
I’d say about 99% of what is written is completely false
You can also add all those tv footy shows,nothing short of comical to be honest

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read about him talking about this on NRL 360. While I don't blame the Storm for demanding a quality swap, given that we've gifted them Finucane, Kasiano and Reimis Smith over the years without asking for anything in return, if we're possibly in line to sign him they'd be assholes not to release him. But I've always felt pissed that our club hasn't done the same with regards to denying releases without getting a good player in return.

If in the next year or five we're in a position where we've got someone good wanting out I really hope that we stop being soft and just releasing a player and demanding something in return.
The difference between us and the Storm in recent years is we have had salary cap issues so we have been desperate to shed players and have no bargaining power to even try and negotiate "like for like" players. Unlike the Storm who carry all the power when negotiating they dictate the terms. Bellamy and the Storm turn most players into quality first graders making them a wanted commodity. So if you want those players you are bound by their terms. They have reinvented the player signing market by ensuring they don't come away empty handed.

They are two steps ahead of most teams on AND off the field.