Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully we are looking at Mitch Kenny from riff keep the riff player thing going he’s of contract and wouldn’t cost that much. He’s also playing nsw cup. They have a couple hookers so he is not a priority to the riff

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully we are looking at Mitch Kenny from riff keep the riff player thing going he’s of contract and wouldn’t cost that much. He’s also playing nsw cup. They have a couple hookers so he is not a priority to the riff
Kenny's a good option (will do the job) if we miss out on the quality hookers. I just feel like we'll really lift off with a quality hooker.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: Trent Barrett’s secret meeting with Storm star Brandon Smith
Canterbury is continuing to up its impressive recruitment drive — check out all the latest NRL chatter and more.

Phil RothfieldPhil Rothfield - The Drunk
Follow

@BuzzRothfield

6 min read
May 1, 2021 - 6:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS0:49
Trent Barrett denies he's poaching Panthers
NRL: Following the recent signing of Brent Naden, Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett has denied that he's poaching players from Panthers.

Coach Trent Barrett will do anything to hide his recruitment planning and targets at the Canterbury Bulldogs.
Especially when he’s chasing a player of the calibre of Storm forward Brandon Smith and wants to keep it all cute.
On Wednesday morning Barrett was doing a radio interview on the Big Sports Breakfast when host Laurie Daley worked out he was at an airport from the background noise. “Where are you off to Baz,” Daley asked.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
“Just going home to Temora,” Barrett said.
Turns out the Bulldogs coach was actually about to board a flight for Melbourne.
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett flew to Melbourne last week. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett flew to Melbourne last week. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images
He was spotted by one of our readers.
Barrett told me: “I was just down there catching up with The Fox (Josh-Addo Carr, who has signed with the Bulldogs).”
I told him he had also been spotted with Smith.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch A Discovery of Witches on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
“Yep, he just happened to pop in when we were chatting,” Barrett said.
Barrett needs to be careful because Smith is still under contract at Storm until the end of next season. Storm is prepared to release him early on the condition they can get a like for like replacement.
That’s something the Bulldogs might struggle to come up with.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
off you go RFM

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
off you go RFM
It makes sense. While I can see rfm going well there and he clearly is a quality player so be it.

We need b Smith urgently. Watch Katoa
Ffs.

Who knows maybe storm might find someone to sign and let him go. We gave them finucane and Remis ffs.

Maybe jacko says he wants to fight for a title

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They've got Reimis from us for no player swap and a early release. He's going well for them, so why would we need to offer up another good player???

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He filled in well for Api when he was injured. Definitely a good shout out, I hope we could lure Starling to our team. I cannot stand another year of JMK or Katoa. Dietz looks like a good backup.

Reactions: ATT