Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't see him working out with us, defenitely need a more crafty and experienced hooker.
Hopefully Jackson leaves a year early, we trade Elliot and shift Cheese to lock if that's the case
11 ?
12. Topine
13. Smith

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Clark and smith. Lol Smith can share 9 and help the pack like he does now when Clark pushes in. I can’t imagine either command what an elite hooker does so it would work. Fick smith would be one of the better props anyway for us hahahahaha.

One thing for sure. I’d take b Smith in our squad in a heart beat.
Same here fuck the knockers, the man is a BULL so let's have him as a career bulldog. :hearteyes:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah would hate to add an international at a spot where we run JMK and Katoa these past years...I mean the options are plenty as well
Who cares, we signed a "rep player" in Cotric and he has been fucking useless at centre. Smith is not an established hooker and performs no where near as well there as he does at hooker.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon is someone others will want to play with and attract others to the club! If he comes it gives us hope in Baz and the vision he has for the club. Obviously if blokes are signing, they believe in his vision

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who cares, we signed a "rep player" in Cotric and he has been fucking useless at centre. Smith is not an established hooker and performs no where near as well there as he does at hooker.
To be fair, b Smith has dominated the best (Australia) at hooker. He put some great patches up for storm
This year at hooker at a diff weight.

It’s just when they have the luxury of grant to replace him, clearly grant would make most hookers look way less gifted. No one says his shit, his fitness and endurance has looked off but I think maybe an off season knowing it’s his spot would see that nz hooker. If not I’d be over the moon with him for two 30 minute stints and topine for 20 while he gets that fitness....

Would I rather grant absafuckinglootly. Though I think that’s 0% chance. B Smith if an option is a must for me.

Clarke could be a great chance pick up. Could be a flop. I’d welcome him for sure. Though b Smith is 100% an elite nrl player. At worst a gun lock and huge upgrade at 9 over any options we have. If Clarke isn’t interested in coming to us then seriously he’s our best 9 choice by a long way.

Not to mention his culture from storm with Jac and just determination in his character is urgently Fucking needed.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair, b Smith has dominated the best (Australia) at hooker. He put some great patches up for storm
This year at hooker at a diff weight.

It’s just when they have the luxury of grant to replace him, clearly grant would make most hookers look way less gifted. No one says his shit, his fitness and endurance has looked off but I think maybe an off season knowing it’s his spot would see that nz hooker. If not I’d be over the moon with him for two 30 minute stints and topine for 20 while he gets that fitness....

Would I rather grant absafuckinglootly. Though I think that’s 0% chance. B Smith if an option is a must for me.

Clarke could be a great chance pick up. Could be a flop. I’d welcome him for sure. Though b Smith is 100% an elite nrl player. At worst a gun lock and huge upgrade at 9 over any options we have. If Clarke isn’t interested in coming to us then seriously he’s our best 9 choice by a long way.

Not to mention his culture from storm with Jac and just determination in his character is urgently Fucking needed.
I just think it's funny people aren't rating his performances this year for the Storm. I'm not sure if it's because they're comparing him to one of the best hookers for the next 10-15 years? Smith is a better buy than Clark imo. I think there's a pretty big gap between the 2 when weighing everything up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I mean it’s hard not to when you watch grant do what he does in the same game.

I get some people’s views but I also am fully aware what weight does in sport. I box and do it with different athletes and different weights for $.

When I’ve had to put mass on cut weight for it, it has a huge effect. The bloke has been carrying extra weight to stop being rag dolled in the pack. He said that himself.

If he drops the weight and is given time he will get match fitness and the cardio to handle
It. Again what he did to Australia is very impressive at 9.

Granted it was years ago. I still think he is the best option for us and at absolute worse a high quality player with attributes we urgently Need for
Our culture moving forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't complain if we signed Smith as he's a great player and competitor that has a huge impact on games but I'd have my doubts about him as a hooker and if the team could reach it's full potential with him in that role..

I think he's better suited to lock.. But obviously he's a massive upgrade at hooker compared to what we have and even out of position, he's still the next best option after Clark, even if they are complete opposite players.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clark would need to be paid overs to change countries. im guessing hes on 400-450 now (just a guess yo) so we would need to be north of 500 yo.
Doesn’t necessarily work that way, he’s getting an opportunity to play in an elite competition in one of the best countries on the planet with next to nil COVID issues. The offer would be matched at best but length of term is probably the key.

I personally prefer Hectic Cheese.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is more likely than Clarke coming.
But is it?
Look at facts.

Actros is thommos relo.
Actros, as thommos relo, says that thommo and Dclark gots the same agent.
Clark and thommo are probably friends from england camp. They same age so im sure they played with each other in age groups too.
This mob of english merryman are saying through actros that one of the 2 guys TK has earmarked as a hooker has been offered a contract. Actros has a directt line here. Maybe thommo was used in negotions 'ay guvna come for a pint at belmore wit the lads'.

i dont think actros is lying or uninformed here.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think people have developed Stockholm syndrome with our current hookers lol

how the fucking fuck can you not like the idea of B Smith, when he started playing as hooker he was a weapon, and hes a bulldog type of player, hope it’s fucking true
he will slim down when he trains a full off season at hooker

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But is it?
Look at facts.

Actros is thommos relo.
Actros, as thommos relo, says that thommo and Dclark gots the same agent.
Clark and thommo are probably friends from england camp. They same age so im sure they played with each other in age groups too.
This mob of english merryman are saying through actros that one of the 2 guys TK has earmarked as a hooker has been offered a contract. Actros has a directt line here. Maybe thommo was used in negotions 'ay guvna come for a pint at belmore wit the lads'.

i dont think actros is lying or uninformed here.
It’s the truth, Smith was the first choice but the dogs are running out of patience.
Be good to land Clarky, he’s a tough kid

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s the truth, Smith was the first choice but the dogs are running out of patience.
Be good to land Clarky, he’s a tough kid
Actros, got told by one of our sponsors Grant is main target with Smith/Clark/someone else as back up.

You heard similar?

PS tell Thommo he already is my fave Dogs player currently and I have a man crush on the tough **** lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brandon Smith's best asset would be his attitude. He says it like it is, I dare say he would sort out a few of our players who think they are top shit... For some reason I think he and Flanagan wouldn't get along to well, same would go for Lewis haha

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon Smith's best asset would be his attitude. He says it like it is, I dare say he would sort out a few of our players who think they are top shit... For some reason I think he and Flanagan wouldn't get along to well, same would go for Lewis haha
And he hits hard in defence. He has a never say die attitude or to put simply Hes a competitor at every asset.

In saying that Grant has the potential to be the next dominant hooker for next decade. He has more skill then smith.

Dont know much about Clarke.

Id be stoked to get any of these guys. We must be getting someone if Baz hasnt chased off contract hookers like broncos

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And he hits hard in defence. He has a never say die attitude or to put simply Hes a competitor at every asset.

In saying that Grant has the potential to be the next dominant hooker for next decade. He has more skill then smith.

Dont know much about Clarke.

Id be stoked to get any of these guys. We must be getting someone if Baz hasnt chased off contract hookers like broncos
Personally I don't think we are any chance of Grant, would be amazing though. If not I'd like both Smith and *Clark if the price is right

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actros, got told by one of our sponsors Grant is main target with Smith/Clark/someone else as back up.

You heard similar?

PS tell Thommo he already is my fave Dogs player currently and I have a man crush on the tough **** lol
Honestly? From my side I'd prefer that we seal the deal for Clark rather then get all wound up in a bidding war for Grant and / or Smith. Realise that Grant is one in a million, but let's be real here. Why would he come to us?

We need a decent hooker desperately. My biggest fear is that we'll miss out on everyone!