Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On recent form Smith should be announced as a signing next Wednesday aye? Obviously don't pay stupid money for him(dont think they will)but if Baz wants him that's good enough for me, he will be super as our 9 i have no doubt.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need this guy don’t care what anyone says. Have jmk on the bench as a utility and throw smith at 9. Give them Lewis as a thank you and cash on top. Without a hooker all these signings are pointless. Only way for us if we don’t get anyone is if somehow baz works a miracle and turns jmk into a true 9... just don’t think the kid has the vision like the top hookers do

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need this guy don’t care what anyone says. Have jmk on the bench as a utility and throw smith at 9. Give them Lewis as a thank you and cash on top. Without a hooker all these signings are pointless. Only way for us if we don’t get anyone is if somehow baz works a miracle and turns jmk into a true 9... just don’t think the kid has the vision like the top hookers do
JMK has pace, i think he can be transformed like cook was, well hoping so

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK has pace, i think he can be transformed like cook was, well hoping so
Agree. He certainly hasn't regressed. I'll hold judgement though for at 1st quarter of the season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they reckon he is in top 3 over 40 metres, havnt seen it yet tho
I'd assume Meaney and Jake are the other two?

I don't doubt he's that fast, but it's only when running in a straight line... unfortunately for him league requires you to do more than that to be an effective ball runner. I think he has agility issues? He just doesn't seem to have the ability to push away or evade defenders and maintain some sort of reasonable speed. Could also be mental thing? His decision making is poor so he could just be reacting too slow and it's effecting his physical output.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from the Titans being a contender how would the broncs afford him I thought they were trying to shed players as is to stay under?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmm this made me think he just got released immediately lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya just get him. Fit him in somewhere and let worse players go.
Its that easy people, it aint rocket science.
Hes better than any hooker or forward we have.
U dont discuss where that player fits, u just getbbthem and move on somone worse.
Which could be any of 25 players out of our squad.
Put the fox in charge of recruitment he gets it.