Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC could be key to signing B Smith... offer JAC a finders fee to convince him to come...

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
B. Smith is fat and slow with shocking vision/passing game. I know we are desperate for a world class 9 but lets be honest he isn't one otherwise the storm would of let go grant.
As much as it kills me, we need to be patient and see what is out there any other potential players unfortunately not many crafty 9s in the nrl atm

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
B Smith kills it for nz at 9 and against Australia ffs not some garbage rep team. Most important position we need quality in asap. He’s the best option by a long way.

After missing Leinu I hope we land b Smith and staggs or Crichton. Leaves one big prop we need to land. Not sure who but someone will pop up.

fisher Harris/ Nelson someone like this would be ideal!

Guler/Collins/tamakize or whatever at storm could be a decent cheaper option too.

Napa hoppa jmk Lewis out then whoever in meaney britt c Smith Katoa Crichton etc to go Bring in some min wages replacement to make it work $ wise

Last edited:

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B. Smith is fat and slow with shocking vision/passing game. I know we are desperate for a world class 9 but lets be honest he isn't one otherwise the storm would of let go grant.
As much as it kills me, we need to be patient and see what is out there any other potential players unfortunately not many crafty 9s in the nrl atm

Somehow I think the Nz test hooker might be world class

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
By that logic rts is crap. Who else do they have for fullback?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
29 pages of discussion on a potential recruit who has given no indication of where he wants to go just feels like massive overkill.

He's been a very good backup hooker at a club that has a well established structure, quality in key positions and a winning culture built on the back of an enviable spine. But the jury is still out on how good he can be without a lot of other things being in his favour wherever he signs. He did have a brilliant game for NZ. But again that's with a good roster around him. But for Melbourne it seems that he's still going to be the backup hooker to Grant IF Cam Smith isn't there next year.

I understand that people want to improve the quality of our dummy half. But this is a bloody long winded discussion on a topic with no resolution.