Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I can’t see Manly being able to compete with the money side of things with the big dollars invested in the Turbos and DCE. The Dogs of Tigers would be able to blow them out of the water.
[/
Manly can definitely compete as they only need to buy one player , a hooker ...probably more than we do. He’d fit well with Manly too. As Des loves he’s big packs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly could be our competition as they too are desperate for a hooker... and they just let go of Dani Levi
Manly are waiting on what happens with Fainu. I think It's between us, Titans and Broncos. The Broncos do have Turpin who's a promising player (injured last year).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ya just get him. Fit him in somewhere and let worse players go.
Its that easy people, it aint rocket science.
Hes better than any hooker or forward we have.
U dont discuss where that player fits, u just getbbthem and move on somone worse.
Which could be any of 25 players out of our squad.
Put the fox in charge of recruitment he gets it.
Perhaps you could explain exactly how you would "let players go"? If they have nowhere to go why would they leave? If they can't get the same contract length and/or value elsewhere, why would they leave? If they have an NRL registered contract, which both parties have to agree to terminate, why would they leave?

Sure we could tell them that they are playing NSW Cup, but they won't leave unless they can get paid the same elsewhere and get an NRL gig. Why do you think we had to wait for the back ended inflated contracts to finish for the last 3 years, the players knew that was the best deal they were going to get and stayed put. Some players took offers from other clubs who "thought" they were good recruits and paid the contract value, but we still had to kick in for a few just to make them attractive. If they really are "worse players" as you call them then no one would want them.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ya just get him. Fit him in somewhere and let worse players go.
Its that easy people, it aint rocket science.
Hes better than any hooker or forward we have.
U dont discuss where that player fits, u just getbbthem and move on somone worse.
Which could be any of 25 players out of our squad.
Put the fox in charge of recruitment he gets it.
uneducated

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Other teams do seem to be more successful at "persuading" unwanted contracted players to retire, take up coaching jobs or go to SL.

We do well at letting the good ones go tho :grinning:

Reactions: ATT

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lussick played at the back end of this year with the Roosters but he didn't look ready for NRL. He was a bit of a liability but that's expected given he was basically thrown in there because they had no one left.
Freddy Lussick is a quality player. Sadly he joined the Eels.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly could be our competition as they too are desperate for a hooker... and they just let go of Dani Levi
i dont think manly can afford him. they were already stuggling with having dce, trbojevic brothers, marty tapau on big money. id imagine smith would go for around $650-$750k. titans could be the same soon but i think they're the biggest threat

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Freddy Lussick is a quality player. Sadly he joined the Eels.
Played really well at Salford in 2019 was the best hooker in the league besides Roby that year. Would have been a decent pickup, however Darcy had a fall out with Barrett also, so yeah that family and Hastings were 100% never going to join us of there was any interest

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve “heard” from someone who is a little connected that we made a massive play for Grant. And by massive, I mean “massive coin!”

just passing on what I heard. I’m not saying I’d back it 100%, but I’m not bullshitting that the person I heard it from is well connected.

If not, don’t shoot me.
I’ve been right quite a few times with tip offs...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, I personally can’t see Grant leaving Storm, but the amount I heard we offered, Storm would have to be in big time. Makes sense them letting guys talk to other clubs.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For the record, I personally can’t see Grant leaving Storm, but the amount I heard we offered, Storm would have to be in big time. Makes sense them letting guys talk to other clubs.
Im pretty sure I just read somewhere that He said himself he's staying at the storm for at least 2 years regardless if smith plays on

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I just read somewhere that He said himself he's staying at the storm for at least 2 years regardless if smith plays on
He can come here and play under the great JMK. Thats what pay would of told him