Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LO
Maybe go watch B. Smith's interview with Kemp on Bloke In A Bar, he's changed a lot (thanks to the Storm/Bellamy) and he's dead set a legend. The exact type of bloke I want in my team that's lacking some/any personality. Get in. Looking at the player I personally think B. Smith will be a better buy for us than what Koroisau was for Penrith. I don't really care what he was doing when he was 16 and he's a changed person imo (still crazy, but good crazy).
LLOLLLL please don’t even compare Koroisau and Brandon Smith. One is a full time hooker who absolutely killed it and the other is a part time hooker / back rower who can’t compete for 80 minutes.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
LO

LLOLLLL please don’t even compare Koroisau and Brandon Smith. One is a full time hooker who absolutely killed it and the other is a part time hooker / back rower who can’t compete for 80 minutes.
If B. Smith joins the doggies hold it against me. I'm not scared making that prediction. I know Koroisau was the buy of the year this year. B. Smith will have the same affect on us. If I was to pick one or the other I'd be picking B. Smith, both are great. You're also wrong about B. Smith not being able to compete for 80 minutes, he'll compete for 90 minutes in a 80 minute game.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If B. Smith joins the doggies hold it against me. I'm not scared making that prediction. I know Koroisau was the buy of the year this year. B. Smith will have the same affect on us. If I was to pick one or the other I'd be picking B. Smith, both are great. You're also wrong about B. Smith not being able to compete for 80 minutes, he'll compete for 90 minutes in a 80 minute game.
I won’t be upset if the Dogs do get him but I certainly won’t lose any sleep if we missed out on him either.
as a hooker he wouldn’t be top 5
Cook
Grant
Koroisau
Friend
Verills
McIness
Mahoney
Radley

All ahead of him and there’s probably more names I haven’t mentioned.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I won’t be upset if the Dogs do get him but I certainly won’t lose any sleep if we missed out on him either.
as a hooker he wouldn’t be top 5
Cook
Grant
Koroisau
Friend
Verills
McIness
Mahoney
Radley

All ahead of him and there’s probably more names I haven’t mentioned.
Verrills and Radley are 100% not ahead of B. Smith. Cook and Grant are better than him. All of the others are just as good as him at best. So unless we're getting Cook and Grant (we're not) you're doing everything possible to get him. We also missed out on Grant and Koroisau already and Mahoney was off contract for 2021 and re-signed. The Dragons will do everything they can to keep McInnes too, who's just a tackle bot with little creativity and not the hooker we need imo. I think the club will go hard for B. Smith.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Verrills and Radley are 100% not ahead of B. Smith. Cook and Grant are better than him. All of the others are just as good as him at best. So unless we're getting Cook and Grant (we're not) you're doing everything possible to get him. We also missed out on Grant and Koroisau already and Mahoney was off contract for 2021 and re-signed. The Dragons will do everything they can to keep McInnes too, who's just a tackle bot with little creativity and not the hooker we need imo. I think the club will go hard for B. Smith.
Bradyyyyyy ffs cmon lol :|

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buddy, it’s not 2004 anymore. Society and the NRL has changed a lot in 16 years. It’s just reality and you can’t compare sides or behaviour from 16 years ago because our team was winning games at that point of time.
Hey @2144superman, are you Vegan? What have you got against the Cheese?

It may not be 2004, 1994 or even 1984 but I can promise you if “Bullfrog” (insert heavenly music with harps and violins) was still around, Brandon Smith would be a Bulldog.

Who gives a shit if he is a bit loose and loves a drink or a party. If a bloke can set the world on fire but still turn up and do his job 100% the way he does, I say hire him.

He is an absolute unit and would look sensational in our strip.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mahoney lol.....Pls the cheese eats him alive...your right he’s, definitely in the top tier of those number nines.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey @2144superman, are you Vegan? What have you got against the Cheese?

It may not be 2004, 1994 or even 1984 but I can promise you if “Bullfrog” (insert heavenly music with harps and violins) was still around, Brandon Smith would be a Bulldog.

Who gives a shit if he is a bit loose and loves a drink or a party. If a bloke can set the world on fire but still turn up and do his job 100% the way he does, I say hire him.

He is an absolute unit and would look sensational in our strip.
They are young blokes who have people watching and filming there every move. Fittler was a menace when he was on the piss when he was young so were Johnny Raper and Willie Mason. Terry Lamb used to have a couple of Vodka and orange UDLs in the bus on the way to the game. They all played for NSW and Australia. Having a few drinks and being a ratbag after a grand final win doesn’t mean you are a bad player . Dropping balls, missing tackles and poor ONfield performance and discipline does.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
His non-dairy nickname is ‘the little Bulldog’ so he’s kind of a natural fit...

Seems no different to Terry Lamb back in day, Baa was often on the sauce when not playing and having some fun. Yes I know times have somewhat changed but the key difference is social media and the ‘sharing culture’ which is the bigger problem in my view.

I’m not convinced Smith is a full time hooker - that’s the bigger question to me regarding suitability (and price tag). An upgrade on what we have, yes, but crucial we get our next #9 right given we haven’t had a quality #9 since 2014. I’m not worried if he likes a drink and a good time, as long as he doesn’t splash it all over the interwebs or hurt anyone and keeps his head down and plays good footy he seems OK.
Terry loves the vodka!!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forget Ado Carr, his preferences is Souths anyway.

Go large for Brendan and we have a seriously talented young spine that can dominate for years to come.

Seriously think Smith is better than Grant

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LO

He will get fitter and improve with experience as full time hooker. Koroisau was released a year early from his first Penrith contract when he was Smiths age. And no one expected koroisau to improve as much as he did in a year under Barrett.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I like about him is he has that “thing” about him that makes a great team mate. There always one at least in every good team.

A bloke that jells the group together with his humour and spirit but also backs it up with his deeds. He’s tough, a fierce competitor but you can see he absolutely loves the game and his team mates.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need to get them both ffs. Infact sign b smith jac Leinu and then go for staggs.

Hoppa Napa Lewis jmk out. Clearly not enough $ there but with r smith and the cap left over that would cover jac surely.

Napa to Leinu gives us 150k extra to throw on hoppas pay and that would cover staggs.

Leaves jmk and Lewis who after adding/promoting a minimum wage player would leave 450k+ throw that with another 300k and get b smith.

I’m sure if we cut Meaney, katoa, Crichton, britt, the other smith with some depth players again it’s easily covered.

Even if we have to ship Dwz and pay half it covers it! I’d still prefer to see what he can do. 2019 he was outstanding.

All of a sudden we are potentially a top roster.

1. Jake
2. Jac
3. Staggs
4. Cotric
5. Okonbor/Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu
9. Smith
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliot

14. Ogden
15. Hetho
16. Renouf
17. Stimson/waddel/doorey/topine

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to get them both ffs. Infact sign b smith jac Leinu and then go for staggs.

Hoppa Napa Lewis jmk out. Clearly not enough $ there but with r smith and the cap left over that would cover jac surely.

Napa to Leinu gives us 150k extra to throw on hoppas pay and that would cover staggs.

Leaves jmk and Lewis who after adding/promoting a minimum wage player would leave 450k+ throw that with another 300k and get b smith.

I’m sure if we cut Meaney, katoa, Crichton, britt, the other smith with some depth players again it’s easily covered.

Even if we have to ship Dwz and pay half it covers it! I’d still prefer to see what he can do. 2019 he was outstanding.

All of a sudden we are potentially a top roster.

1. Jake
2. Jac
3. Staggs
4. Cotric
5. Okonbor/Dwz
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu
9. Smith
10. Thompson
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliot

14. Ogden
15. Hetho
16. Renouf
17. Stimson/waddel/doorey/topine
Noice....

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Few different people on Facebook said they've been told from their sources that we have signed a hooker for 22. Didn't mention a name or a club though.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree