Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thommo is but I dont think he would go
Napa is but the Storm aren't that dumb to take him
I think the storm will take Napa because he is an origin prop and they will do the right thing by smith, if they hold out for current Australian or English prop smith might not get the release he is after.

I don’t think the storm want that reputation.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Get it done. I almost don't care what we do, just do everything possible to get it done. Throw him up to 800k if that's what it takes, not sure about the compensation but we can sort it out.
Why?
I don’t think he’s the hooker we need.
He’s good but I don’t think he’s speed which is barretts thang.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
MAKE IT FUCKIN HAPPEN !!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why?
I don’t think he’s the hooker we need.
He’s good but I don’t think he’s speed which is barretts thang.
He's now the best hooker on the market. I want an attacking hooker and B. Smith's playstyle makes him one of my most favourite players in the NRL. I think he's far and better than any other hooker currently on the market. I wouldn't be underestimating his ability at hooker.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Smith lacks the creativity that we need. No doubt he's s a very tough and competitive player with strong dummy half darts.....but No kicking game and his service isn't that great. I think playing for a successful team like the Storm overshadows some of his deficiencies.
Bellamy preferring a rookie like Grant over Smith who's been the heir to Melbournes number 9 postion for a while says that he doesn't rate him.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manager leaving the Titans out of the email has me thinking that they are club.
The article said a club CEO reckons he's already got a Sydney based club - so I'd guess it us or the Tigers
But I agree the Titans are in the mix

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really doubt he is already on $425,000 considering he’s 2nd or 3rd string at the storm. He’s a tough little player but I think if we are serious we need a hooker with abit more creativity. Also I’m sure Barret will want to sort out the hooker roll before waiting until 2022.
I was thinking same thing
No way his on that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith is one of my favourite players but his injury history worries me a bit.. He seems to suffer a lot of facial fractures and miss a decent chunk of games with other injuries.. But he's a gun player, is as tough as they come and would make any team better.

The problem is, half a dozen others clubs will make a big play for him (namely the Titans and Warriors) and he could get offered stupid money by someone..

If he does sign elsewhere on a huge deal, I'd be happy if we signed one of McInness, Clark or Brailey for 2022 instead..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Jac and smith in.

Yes he has no kicking game. Burton and Flanagan Do!

1. Jake/jac
2. Jac
3. Cotric
4. ?
5. Okonbor
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu (fucj Napa off and save 150k towards b smith)
9. Smith (fuck Lewis jmk off and promote 1 kid
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Elliott

14. Hetho
15. Ogden
16. Renouf
17. Stimson/waddel

I’d then fuck hoppa off and go hard for staggs/Crichton and as I said any of meaney, britt, Katoa, other smith and Crichton getting cut could free up enough tk balance the extra hoppas pay needs with promoting kids or depth players.

Make it Fucking happen!!!

Hopefully Jac and smith encourage each other to go to dogs.

With burton and Flanagan our spine is set!!!

Throw in Leinu for Napa and with Thompson we are set up front with hetho and Ogden/Renouf.

Cotric and staggs/Crichton in centres? Wow.

Cmonnnnn doggies!!! Let’s Fucking trot!!

Only annoying thing is this is where we could of used Remis ffs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All these comments ‘he doesn’t have a kicking game’

You do realise between Lichaa and JMK prob combined kicking was 8 and 7 of them were afterthoughts