Official Braidon burns takes the final roster spot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just people trying to put a positive spin on these signings. Asiata and Burns both have huge injury issues but they wouldn't be on not much more than the minimum, they're on short term deals and I doubt they're being expected to play much FG.

Players that are 26-30 in your squad are often career Reserve Graders who don't have much upside and often do nothing in FG when called upon. At least both Burns and Asiata are experienced FGers who are not going to look out of place if and when they're called up to FG.
I don’t mind the Asiata signing as I think he brings something different but Burns is shooting a blank for mine. Katoa, Okonbur, Alamoti and Allan are the depth players and I think bringing in another in unnecessary. That’s assuming all those players will actually be here next year which the Burns signing could indicate they might not be.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why dont you become GM of footy then since you have bigger brains then Gus? I would like to see your record of winning premierships and origin as a coach and creating powerhouse clubs.
Haha are you serious? What a weak as piss reply. So no one should ever comment on anything Bulldog or NRL related unless they are Gus?

I hate to break it to you but Gus has got things wrong in the past and he will get things wrong in the future. For the Dogs sake we just have to hope he gets more right than wrong moving forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind the Asiata signing as I think he brings something different but Burns is shooting a blank for mine. Katoa, Okonbur, Alamoti and Allan are the depth players and I think bringing in another in unnecessary. That’s assuming all those players will actually be here next year which the Burns signing could indicate they might not be.
I thought the same thing once we signed Burns. That maybe Allan or another back is on the move.

When fit, I think Burns is way more reliable than Okunbur and Katoa. He's a FG calibre player whereas the other two aren't.. Alamoti will be ahead of Burns if he has a big offseason training with the FG squad.

I share your concerns that our current trainers and medical staff haven't shown much to indicate that they can get the best out of players like Burns and Asiata who have injury problems..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty clearly i'd say that Tui won't play anymore the poor kid.Long term health far more important however.
I can't believe it slipped my mind about his horrible situation.. Makes more sense as Tui will likely be medically retired which will open up a squad spot as well as the need for another back.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this seems like a replacement for Katoa. Salary would probably be close as well.

Don’t really like this signing, but it’ll only be for depth so not too worried.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burns is super talented . I’d have him over Naden Atm . Wayne Bennett even praised him so highly last season saying he could not believe he was not playing fg on a regular basis .

tough kid runs a tough line and just needs some injury free football .
We have solid depth in the backs unlike previous years . To have players like potentially Burns / Allen as reserves is quality . I’m hoping the forward is spencer Leniu

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People getting up Gus. Fuck relax ay. Penrith are in the position there in, mainly thanks to the systems Gus put in place. It’s not going to happen overnight. Relax.
Agree, he knows what he’s doing. He’s avoiding what Hasler did which is going for point-in-time success and who cares about longevity… he’s building a competitive roster and mixing it with experience and depth, we can’t have all gun players and rookies being signed.. gun players in non-spine positions chew up cap space and rookies need leadership. Developing a junior pathways in parallel to supplement recruits provides an edge when juggling the cap since juniors come cheap snd recruits cost some coin.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really think it’s fair to blame a lack of quality juniors on that performance or blame any of the players that debuted for a poor game that day. They were bought into a struggling team due to circumstances rather than playing well. We do have some quality juniors but that game is a prime example of why you need to be cautious with their development.
Dude ease up...you gotta be careful....being reasonable & talking sense may get you shouted down in this asylum! :tearsofjoy:

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see the Raiders or Cowboys making a move for Corey Allen to cover fullback.
Both clubs had Val Holmes and Charnze Nicholl Klokstad injured thru the year with no depth at that spot.. Surely Gus is moving swiftly to get Allen a gig over at one of them clubs as I can’t see him being anywhere near our Top 17 come 2022

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think nick cotric will go to eels and Braidon will be his replacement. If parra can take all his wage to 600k and Braidon is in 250k money is saved there

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think nick cotric will go to eels and Braidon will be his replacement. If parra can take all his wage to 600k and Braidon is in 250k money is saved there
Not being rude but have you ever got 1 right?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need a replacement for Katoa, as far as wingers go,The Fox Okunbor, Cotric, Allen and Naden should be more than enough wingers