Boycott the Tigers game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What exactly do you think boycotting matches would achieve? You think they will sack a coach with a winning record mid contract? Drop players? Cry?
Pretty dumb idea to boycott games because the team had a loss. Do what you like, but dont expect it to make any difference at all. Sure we havent had back to back wins since rounds 1+2 but we also havent had back to back losses either. Its not the end of the world, really.
All castle cares about is the $$$$ and that's it once that starts dropping she will take notice....

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Surely that would be the final nail in the coffin.. Hey how come in the media other coaches are under scrutiny.. Des doesn't even get a mention.. He has a team HE has assembled.. He has a game plan HE formulated.. Yet not even a whisper of sacking.. Just making the finals is not good enough for this side.. Man they look so disinterested and rudderless..it's bizarre..
it's because the coaches under scrutiny haven't made the finals every season for the past four years and aren't currently sitting in the top eight

regardless of the opinion on whether or not we're playing well i doubt you'll see a team sack a coach who makes the eight

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What exactly do you think boycotting matches would achieve? You think they will sack a coach with a winning record mid contract? Drop players? Cry?
Pretty dumb idea to boycott games because the team had a loss. Do what you like, but dont expect it to make any difference at all. Sure we havent had back to back wins since rounds 1+2 but we also havent had back to back losses either. Its not the end of the world, really.
I've done some calculations and managed to figure out how many people on here have the ability to make a single change to a club/team decision in reality.

That number was 0.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Buy a Tigers jersey cheap..

When they start playing shit, put it on over your Dogs jersey.

If 10,000 Dogs supporters suddently put on Tigers jerseys the club would get the message as well.
Or get a bonds top and a marker and write "fuck off Des" on them?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if Castle starts getting negative press things will change very quickly, she's all about image

I say the fans all walk off straight after kick off, imagine the commentators saying hang on all the dogs supporters are leaving and the camera turning to show all the bulldogs supporters walking out......could even leave a banner up saying.....we'll be back when des is gone and we get our club back..... Raelene would be convulsing on the floor

not to mention all the media would grab hold of it and start asking a lot of questions of Raelene, the board & the coach

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
That makes us as bad as the Dragons under Price.

Complain here as much as you want but please under no circumstance stoop low as the Dragons under Price

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All castle cares about is the $$$$ and that's it once that starts dropping she will take notice....
Yeh but gate takings and even memberships are a drop in the clubs revenue ocean. Tbh and ive said it before, even 4 years ago, that id prefer dymock. But i dont think they would sack a coach who continually has more wins than losses, even this year so far. Never heard of that happening at any club. Boycotting will harm the team most. No chance it gets des sacked. I dont understand how a dogs fan would attempt to affect the team in a negative way. But thats me.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
it's because the coaches under scrutiny haven't made the finals every season for the past four years and aren't currently sitting in the top eight

regardless of the opinion on whether or not we're playing well i doubt you'll see a team sack a coach who makes the eight
True..but a top 8 disguises mediocrity..

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
True..but a top 8 disguises mediocrity..
The Dragons with Price were very much worse than "mediocre"

I'm not saying that we're in a great position right now but we aren't pathetically bad as they were

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
I couldn't lower myself nor disrespect the club by doing that

I'm all for boycotting the game

I say we boycot all Sunday games

If our players can't commit to play on Sunday's then I can't commit to turn up on Sunday's

I hope the club gets that message
Good one Skip

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
if Castle starts getting negative press things will change very quickly, she's all about image
Raelene doesn't care about the fans (unless they are refugees or sick kids and you can make a heartwarming story about them). It's all about the bottom line.

This was evident with the snide and backhanded remarks to complaints about the Hoppa situation and people threatening to tear up their memberships met with "Thanks we'll take that onboard".

Likewise when quizzed about the great plan the club had "oh it was never meant to be 100% completed, they were unrealistic goals we set ourselves to achieve to do better"

It's always a smile and a step on the backfoot.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Raelene doesn't care about the fans (unless they are refugees or sick kids and you can make a heartwarming story about them). It's all about the bottom line.

This was evident with the snide and backhanded remarks to complaints about the Hoppa situation and people threatening to tear up their memberships met with "Thanks we'll take that onboard".

Likewise when quizzed about the great plan the club had "oh it was never meant to be 100% completed, they were unrealistic goals we set ourselves to achieve to do better"

It's always a smile and a step on the backfoot.
that's what I was getting at the only thing she cares about is her image in the media.....if the media start talking about the dogs fans having to take such drastic action she begins to look incompetent at her job....she wont like weedler camped on here front lawn waiting for a comment every morning

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haven't been to a game this year and i can't see that changing now. Would be the first time in 5+ years i haven't been to one.

Waterboy
Reaction score
I couldn't lower myself nor disrespect the club by doing that

I'm all for boycotting the game

I say we boycot all Sunday games

If our players can't commit to play on Sunday's then I can't commit to turn up on Sunday's

I hope the club gets that message
Well said... That would be the [emoji523] on the [emoji513] for the club..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've done some calculations and managed to figure out how many people on here have the ability to make a single change to a club/team decision in reality.

That number was 0.
5000 of us, might though.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
better still turn up and then walk out at the kick off.......if we just don't turn up Castle would twist it saying we have a large Mormon fan base or blame the weather etc
Lmfao gold.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will beat the Tigers and a few other teams quite comfortably. This will guarantee our 5-8 finish. We truly are battling mid table mediocrity. Something I thought we would never experience in a salary-capped league.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We will beat the Tigers and a few other teams quite comfortably. This will guarantee our 5-8 finish. We truly are battling mid table mediocrity. Something I thought we would never experience in a salary-capped league.
imagine we returned to having just the top 5 make the semi's like it used to be.....our record would be so great:fearscream:

Status
Not open for further replies.