News Bouncing back: How ex-Napa can regain bruising best

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t even think Napa has a “contract year” in him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They say there's no denying Napa's ability but I never thought he had much ability to begin with and always hated the signing.

I hope he has a good year so he can convince another team to sign him after he finishes his last season with us.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Heading into the upcoming season , going to give everyone a chance .
A positive out look based on changes made so far , with a new coach , support staff , office staff , and recruitment .
Fighting for spots etc , I think we will see the best of Naps and the likes to lift a couple of gears . Dead set if I'm a supporter and pumped to see kick off like no other season lately , I gots to believe these type of player's are waiting to rip in just like the Mazda does after an oil change .

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hetherington will make a huge impact and show Napa what real Mongrel is.. let’s just hope Dylan takes notice and follows suit, he has it in him, just never showed since he joined us..!!! Very hyped and overrated unfortunately.
Yeah because his partner in crime was tolman
Imagine taking on a pack and the man who has your back is Tolman. Meaney is more intimidating

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if stimson is training at prop as reported then napa has limited minutes in him, which suits him imo.
thompson will come back straight into the team and push stimson to bench or 13, so it leaves napa fighting it out for a bench spot

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can think of worse signings.

Aaron Woods supposedly signed for far more coin, did a lot less and we had to sacrifice some of our salary cap space to move him on. You could probably assume that some part of his bromance with Klemmer led to Klemmer falling out of love with the club too. So Woods probably cost us two decent players after he left and contributed to Klemmer wanting out.

Tony Williams was another one we signed supposedly on the type of money that a great half would be worth. He arrived recovering from a knee injury if memory serves correctly and he never looked like playing with aggression again and actually looked scared to play hard.

Micheal Lichaa for all his hype never did much more than defend well. He had three good games to earn a reprieve from unemployment after we let Hasler go and I think that's the only three games in about 5 years that he looked like he had any clue in attack.
Ahhh the memories

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He needs to start leading with his head like when he knocked out Korbin Sims... that was beautiful to watch. Can't stand the Sims bros..

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol at he 'hits' the line. More like falls into it sideways with his shoulder. He runs it up like a cat. End of !
If Nap could increase his leg speed and leg drive he might be useful. For a big guy he hits the line like a pillow.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He needs to start leading with his head like when he knocked out Korbin Sims... that was beautiful to watch. Can't stand the Sims bros..

I think they changed a rule where he'd be on the side-lines for an extended period of time if he kept leading with his head. I'd rather he showed some aggression and got suspended time to time instead of being a cat, hard to see what else he offers.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa, along with a few others will be moved on at the end of the season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa, along with a few others will be moved on at the end of the season.
It wouldn't surprise me if he was moved on midseason if he fell out of favour. Another team might pick him up for the rest of the year seeing as most of his contract for this coming season would have been paid already by then. We could then use the extra top 30 spot to promote a junior or sign someone else.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a popular dude, Im sure he's not that bad, maybe shave his head before the game and slap on the denco rub to get him mad.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he was moved on midseason if he fell out of favour. Another team might pick him up for the rest of the year seeing as most of his contract for this coming season would have been paid already by then. We could then use the extra top 30 spot to promote a junior or sign someone else.
No other team would be that stupid to sign a pillow like Napa!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No other team would be that stupid to sign a pillow like Napa!
Haha. You wouldn't think so but even the most unwanted players always seem to find another suitor somehow. Especially when it would cost a club nothing to take him.