Bottlegate : Police wish to speak with the following ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Australia's biggest issues
1. Bottle throwers
2. ISIS
3. James graham
4. Sex offenders/armed robbers
5. Michael Lichaa

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia's biggest issues
1. Bottle throwers
2. ISIS
3. James graham
4. Sex offenders/armed robbers
5. Michael Lichaa

stop it mate, someone is going to pop a vain and have a brain hemorrhage

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
at least i tried to defend the club unlike you so called "fan"
What were you going to do? Bring down the NRL with an email? Best fan ever.
Do you think everyone here hasn't tried stuff like that before they grew up?

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I knew it , just another dirty at George tactic to make us lose our players and destroy our reputation. Curse you dragons , oh shit could I say that or would crime stoppers be called?

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro u sound like anything but a grown up, you sound like my mother in law.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What were you going to do? Bring down the NRL with an email? Best fan ever.
Do you think everyone here hasn't tried stuff like that before they grew up?

maybe i will resort to name calling (like a true bulldog fan) when I cant make a valid argument, may be that will get their attention and I will be an immortal bulldog fan.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
maybe i will resort to name calling (like a true bulldog fan) when I cant make a valid argument, may be that will get their attention and I will be an immortal bulldog fan.
If you think justifying the crowd behaviour by saying other fans did it too is a valid argument then I feel really sorry for you. You can type that you're right as much as you like but it doesn't mean it's true.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you think justifying the crowd behaviour by saying other fans did it too is a valid argument then I feel really sorry for you. You can type that you're right as much as you like but it doesn't mean it's true.
I feel sorry for Bulldogs that they have supporters like you and the bottle throwers.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to take any side in a internal Bulldog fan fight, but it clearly has happened before...... and clearly wasn't treated this way before (I recall more than once the footage from the origin game being shown where cans where thrown on the field and the game was held up, as commentators called that QLD passion and laughed about it. Its happened many times since, and wasn't a big deal either. Now, crime stoppers has literally put out 12 or so photos to identify and charge people......... for throwing plastic bottles?

Wow, the crime of the century clearly.

Ideally nobody would have, but they did, big deal, move on right? The NRL got their mileage out of this one already.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Bulldogs that they have supporters like you and the bottle throwers.
Hahaha ok. Yep I should get typing to prove my loyalty huh? we can rule you out as a bottle thrower because you probably don't even bother going to games.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to take any side in a internal Bulldog fan fight, but it clearly has happened before...... and clearly wasn't treated this way before (I recall more than once the footage from the origin game being shown where cans where thrown on the field and the game was held up, as commentators called that QLD passion and laughed about it. Its happened many times sense, and wasn't a big deal either. Now, crime stoppers has literally put out 12 or so photos to identify and charge people......... for throwing plastic bottles?

Ideally nobody would have, but they did, big deal, move on right? The NRL got their mileage out of this one already.

you too are defending the bottle throwers, "I feel sorry for you" . lol

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Not to take any side in a internal Bulldog fan fight, but it clearly has happened before...... and clearly wasn't treated this way before (I recall more than once the footage from the origin game being shown where cans where thrown on the field and the game was held up, as commentators called that QLD passion and laughed about it. Its happened many times sense, and wasn't a big deal either. Now, crime stoppers has literally put out 12 or so photos to identify and charge people......... for throwing plastic bottles?

Dude if I could actually reason with some people on here they'd know I agree with all of that. The fact is we haven't lost any points or been fined so I don't know what they are complaining about.
People want to see this as an attack on the dogs but it's the club being proactive and finding and trying to identify culprits. Yeah it's the first time. It's been done but if anything it shows that there were only 12 dickheads in the crowd and vindicates the rest of us.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I absolutely give a shit. Don't mistake my lack of bitching and moaning for not giving a shit. The fact is when all the suspensions were handed out they were harsh and we probably had grounds to appeal based on past precedents. However I've been told that the club was warned that if we appealed the NRL may choose to go ahead with punishments for crowd misbehaviour.
Is that fair or ethical? Absolutely not.
Is it blackmail? Yep.
Was there anything the club could do other than putting on a futile show of defiance and losing players for longer or getting fined and losing points? No
The fact remains that the NRL has rules for all clubs regarding fan misbehaviour and that includes loss of points. So the NRL would have been acting within its own laws if it did choose to take it further.

At the end of the day the only reason the NRL had that leverage against us is because of these scumbags who chose to disregard all the good work the clubs done since 2004 and everything the real fans stand for by acting like total thugs just to make themselves feel better. It's just like the morons who get handed a Souths or storm flag after the GF by a photographer and burn it.
They are scum and we'd be better off without them.
A well considered and argued post. This issue has layers that some seem to be unable to comprehend. The membership numbers of the club could fall if we don't stand united against unruly fans. If we want to build up club numbers we had better demonstrate that we have the smarts to do something about thugs in our ranks.

If we want to attract top line players, we need to show that we are a club the family of a potential player would be proud to see him join.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yous cant even throw a water bottle properly mate, forget the grenade cos it will explode in your hand. Lol
Remember that brick I threw that gave you amnesia lol?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to take any side in a internal Bulldog fan fight, but it clearly has happened before...... and clearly wasn't treated this way before (I recall more than once the footage from the origin game being shown where cans where thrown on the field and the game was held up, as commentators called that QLD passion and laughed about it. Its happened many times since, and wasn't a big deal either. Now, crime stoppers has literally put out 12 or so photos to identify and charge people......... for throwing plastic bottles?

The SOO incident was in 1988. .. different era completely.

My concern is that these issues will only divide us. Perhaps we should all take 24 time out? :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember that brick I threw that gave you amnesia lol?
I thought you couldve come up with a better response nano. lol

you have disappointed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.