Bottlegate : Police wish to speak with the following ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude if I could actually reason with some people on here they'd know I agree with all of that. The fact is we haven't lost any points or been fined so I don't know what they are complaining about.
People want to see this as an attack on the dogs but it's the club being proactive and finding and trying to identify culprits. Yeah it's the first time. It's been done but if anything it shows that there were only 12 dickheads in the crowd and vindicates the rest of us.
I feel like we where already docked 2 points when we lost that game, then handicapped a little more with some of our players sitting out (although, I won't blame the NRL for that after our CEO decided to do nothing against all of them - I do think less of her as a result though).

Given other charges that week, and the following week, best we get that siege mentality and stick together as Bulldogs fans.... I'm not looking to fight with any fellow blue and white :grinning:

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I feel like we where already docked 2 points when we lost that game, then handicapped a little more with some of our players sitting out (although, I won't blame the NRL for that after our CEO decided to do nothing against all of them - I do think less of her as a result though).

Given other charges that week, and the following week, best we get that siege mentality and stick together as Bulldogs fans.... I'm not looking to fight with any fellow blue and white :grinning:
Personally I think they docked us two points when they didn't charge Hodkinson with anything

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The SOO incident was in 1988. .. different era completely.

My concern is that these issues will only divide us. Perhaps we should all take 24 time out? :grinning:
True, although even back when scrums where real and you didn't get a few week ban for accidentally hurting someone in a tackle, it still wasn't allowed (and, you don't have to look that far back to see when its happened before).

Personally, I'm not looking to defend anyone who did it, I more so just don't really care.... its the NRL and the media building it up like its a first, and the biggest deal in the world. Seriously, they where water bottles.... where it not for a clumsy ref trying to dodge one, slip and break a bone, we wouldn't even he hearing about it.

I say ANZ are behind pumping up the story to avoid the clear OH&S issue with a ref slipping on the flooring and breaking a bone to avoid a compo claim.

Throw a half empty water bottle at me right now.... I'll say "ow" then move on, its really not such a deadly weapon :p

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude if I could actually reason with some people on here they'd know I agree with all of that. The fact is we haven't lost any points or been fined so I don't know what they are complaining about.
People want to see this as an attack on the dogs but it's the club being proactive and finding and trying to identify culprits. Yeah it's the first time. It's been done but if anything it shows that there were only 12 dickheads in the crowd and vindicates the rest of us.
I don't agree with throwing the bottles being the right way to express the anger of fans, I just don't agree with this push to dob in fellow fans and normal people to get into trouble over such a small thing that in the end nothing happened.

Dog act to dob them in over nothing but if it was like the fights that left people hurt or the guy who shoulder charged someone in the back then it's a different story.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't agree with throwing the bottles being the right way to express the anger of fans, I just don't agree with this push to dob in fellow fans and normal people to get into trouble over such a small thing that in the end nothing happened.

Dog act to dob them in over nothing but if it was like the fights that left people hurt or the guy who shoulder charged someone in the back then it's a different story.
I think only the fat chick will get dobbed in

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"People" thinking they can eliminate trouble makers from their fan base are living in lala land.

We as a club have tried and successfully accomplished that for 10 odd years till that rabbitohs game. During that time we have seen trouble makers from every other club in a number of games (refer to the eveidence provided by CB1935's thread on this)

Trouble makers always pop up every now and then from every other club, sometimes they get reported, sometimes they make headlines and sometimes they don't even get a mention.

If you think Bulldogs fans will become angles for till the end of times , then smell the coffee my friend.

Cos it has never happened before with any other NRL club fan base nor it will happen in the future.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
we won't be able to get rid of every trouble maker but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dob in fellow dogs fans why?? There are people getting paid good money do your job..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dob in fellow dogs fans why?? There are people getting paid good money do your job..
Because they got us in shit? Simple really.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its all a big ploy, Greenberg and Castle are going to jointly announce the Bulldogs have a new sponsor next week...... KY have taken a back of our shorts sponsorship spot for the next few years.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt but wasn't raised to be a snitch was always taught to cop things sweet and move on so let them do there job which they getting paid for we're footy fans not law enforcement authorities

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
A well considered and argued post. This issue has layers that some seem to be unable to comprehend. The membership numbers of the club could fall if we don't stand united against unruly fans. If we want to build up club numbers we had better demonstrate that we have the smarts to do something about thugs in our ranks.

If we want to attract top line players, we need to show that we are a club the family of a potential player would be proud to see him join.
`

Do you know what drops membership numbers faster than 'not standing united against unruly fans'? Piss poor performances from a team that has been ripped apart because a CEO won't go in to bat for them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt but wasn't raised to be a snitch was always taught to cop things sweet and move on so let them do there job which they getting paid for we're footy fans not law enforcement authorities
Its not being a snitch, these ****wits are ****ing shit up for us fans and the club...if i get confirmation on one of the people ill have no trouble in turning him in.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Indiandog it obvious you're a very passionate fan but your victim mentality will get the club nowhere fast , these idiots throwing bottles have undone a lot of the good work that has been done by the club over the past 10 years that you've mentioned. The sooner these idiots are no longer attending our games the better off the club will be , it doesn't matter which clubs fans have done what previously , this is happening to us now and it needs to be resolved so we can go forward. Many good , well behaved fans don't attend games anymore due to the stigma attached with being a Bulldogs fans and I'm not saying that I agree with this attitude of fans of other clubs saying shit like "all bulldogs fans are the same" etc but it exists and the only way to counter this attitude is for us to show up , support our team in a positive way and not throw things and spit the dummy like little kids that don't get their own way, actions speak louder than words (or emails). It's going to take a while , maybe a few years but we need to stop arming the media, other fans and people in general that think all dogs fans are trouble by acting right.

Status
Not open for further replies.