boss Ray Dib heads off rogue play for Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most interesting name being mentioned at the Bulldogs by those who are death-riding Des Hasler is Manly mentor Trent Barrett.

And it has reached the point where Canterbury boss Ray Dib has been forced to address the situation.

Advertisement
Barrett has been getting plenty of interest from those applauding every Bulldogs loss.

Manly have Barrett locked away for another year and they want to keep him beyond that. There had been talks to extend Barrett's deal, but to say they have been slow is an understatement. Barrett's agent, Wayne Beavis, is close to Manly football club boss Bob Fulton, but Beavis won't do Fulton any favours. Beavis knows Barrett is a coach on the rise and he knows his worth on the open market.

Don't forget Beavis also looks after Shane Flanagan and Anthony Griffin, so he is aware of what clubs are willing to pay.

Barrett is in no hurry to leave the Eagles, but the mere fact he is being eyed off by disgruntled Dogs types shows his talent is well respected.

Dib has been forced to act after rogue elements claiming to be attached to the club have expressed a desire to sign Barrett.

"I called Wayne [Beavis] to let him know that despite what may have been said to him, we are not chasing Trent as a coach and that is not disrespecting Trent," Dib said. "The simple fact is that we have a coach and we have no plans to remove Des. All of this talk is unfair on Des ... we are behind Des. He is doing it tough because it all falls on him when he is trying his best. The players are trying their best for him.

"All clubs have their down years ... look at the Roosters last year. The end can't come quickly enough for this year. Next year is already exciting and we will have Des in charge to take us there."

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Des is doing the best he can - we are all behind him

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"...... doing it tough because it falls on him", interesting language appearing in all the statements now that it is the coach and not Ray who is responsible.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The clowns on the Silvertails forum who declared Barrett the worst coach in the world ever and Disco Des as better than sliced bread have gone a bit quite on the topic.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't this the same thing he said last year. And that there would be a new style in 2017. He thinks the fans are stupid.
Doubt it. We were in the semis last year so he would've been still expecting us to win the comp.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, poor Des must be doing it tough on his million dollar a year salary.

I feel really sorry for him because it's not his fault we've won 7 out of 23 games and have the worst attack in the comp. Poor guy. I hope he's okay. Hopefully he can get better by resting in his house made of Faberge eggs.

Maybe Ray can go over there and they can just spoon all day and they'll feel better.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"The simple fact is that we have a coach and we have no plans to remove Des. All of this talk is unfair on Des ... we are behind Des. He is doing it tough because it all falls on him when he is trying his best. The players are trying their best for him"

I dont believe dib said this.
Don't get me wrong, I know dib thinks this. I just don't think he's had des' cock out of his mouth for long enough to say a sentence that long.
Fuck off fat ****. And take your aspergers-as-fuck boyfriend with you.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
"...... doing it tough because it falls on him", interesting language appearing in all the statements now that it is the coach and not Ray who is responsible.
Yep slowly start to cover his own arse.he will give him next year. If we are in the same position this time next year des will be sacked.
Im going to stand by what i said a while back unless we jag a grandfinal in the next year or 2 we have a long road ahead with rebuilding and hitting another premiership window. We be looking at 2022 to have a competitive sqaud again. Foran and wood alone will not drag us out of this hole

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"The simple fact is that we have a coach and we have no plans to remove Des. All of this talk is unfair on Des ... we are behind Des. He is doing it tough because it all falls on him when he is trying his best. The players are trying their best for him"

I dont believe dib said this.
Don't get me wrong, I know dib thinks this. I just don't think he's had des' cock out of his mouth for long enough to say a sentence that long.
Fuck off fat ****. And take your aspergers-as-fuck boyfriend with you.
He had Des cock up his ass then

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, Dib has gone rogue ever since Greenberg left.

Like him or not Todd is a Bulldog thru n thru and as a younger administrator while at the Dogs, he kept the house in order. Des didnt want Reynolds & Ennis when he was coming over and Greenberg made it clear to Des that the both were staying.

Dogs legends want Pay at the helm, while Dib is starting to "try and save" his ass by enquirying about other coaches without consulting the board.

Dib is kicking himself for not hiring Cleary when he had the opportunity while it was backed by the board, but Hasler played Dib like a 2 year old

Dib got all his habibs on the board to back him up with re-signing Hasler and these same shitheads are the ones that have shot down Turvey & Baa as well as using Reynolds & Kasiano as the scapegoats for Haslers out of date and poor coached structures.

Hasler DOES NOT like to be questioned or put on the spot by anyone when it comes to his coaching. I am quite sure it is evident to the ones who have some sort of knowledge by Haslers stance to the media & members. Ennis, Finucane, Pritchard, Tapau, Reynolds & Kasiano are the culprits of having a friendly say which did not agree with Hasler

Des absolutely adores his, yes sir, you are the one and only sir type of players, Tony Williams, Hopoate, Holland, Mbye, Tolman & Lichaa.

Hasler is a fuckwit thru n thru because he does not give a shit about the most important aspect which is the club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

The cherry on the cake is Raymond Dib. He is the fuckwit who went Rogue since Greenberg left, gave Hasler the empty cheque book and is the main culprit of the downnfall of our club. Not only must he be exterminated from the board aong with his cousiins, he needs to be exterminated from the Leagues board along with his Coorey puppets

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Like him or not Todd is a Bulldog thru n thru and as a younger administrator while at the Dogs, he kept the house in order. Des didnt want Reynolds & Ennis when he was coming over and Greenberg made it clear to Des that the both were staying.

Dogs legends want Pay at the helm, while Dib is starting to "try and save" his ass by enquirying about other coaches without consulting the board.

Dib is kicking himself for not hiring Cleary when he had the opportunity while it was backed by the board, but Hasler played Dib like a 2 year old

Dib got all his habibs on the board to back him up with re-signing Hasler and these same shitheads are the ones that have shot down Turvey & Baa as well as using Reynolds & Kasiano as the scapegoats for Haslers out of date and poor coached structures.

Hasler DOES NOT like to be questioned or put on the spot by anyone when it comes to his coaching. I am quite sure it is evident to the ones who have some sort of knowledge by Haslers stance to the media & members. Ennis, Finucane, Pritchard, Tapau, Reynolds & Kasiano are the culprits of having a friendly say which did not agree with Hasler

Des absolutely adores his, yes sir, you are the one and only sir type of players, Tony Williams, Hopoate, Holland, Mbye, Tolman & Lichaa.

Hasler is a fuckwit thru n thru because he does not give a shit about the most important aspect which is the club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

The cherry on the cake is Raymond Dib. He is the fuckwit who went Rogue since Greenberg left, gave Hasler the empty cheque book and is the main culprit of the downnfall of our club. Not only must he be exterminated from the board aong with his cousiins, he needs to be exterminated from the Leagues board along with his Coorey puppets
So it's the clubs fault we held onto Reynolds? Stupid *****, one less thing to blame on Des.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
So it's the clubs fault we held onto Reynolds? Stupid *****, one less thing to blame on Des.
Correct me if I am wrong but its Reynolds fault for the downward spiral of the dogs?

I get it, you have some childish personal agenda against Reynolds yet the only player we needed since Des came over was a decent Halfback with a controlled kicking game.

Des has dismantled the most crucial positions & members of the team piece by piece. The biggest fuckup was not improving these positions and thats where the blame falls.

Harp on all you like about Reynolds but he aint the reason we have gone backwards, he was never a organiser or a halfback and never will be.

But as you do, carry on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but its Reynolds fault for the downward spiral of the dogs?

I get it, you have some childish personal agenda against Reynolds yet the only player we needed since Des came over was a decent Halfback with a controlled kicking game.

Des has dismantled the most crucial positions & members of the team piece by piece. The biggest fuckup was not improving these positions and thats where the blame falls.

Harp on all you like about Reynolds but he aint the reason we have gone backwards, he was never a organiser or a halfback and never will be.

But as you do, carry on
Reynolds should of been let go a long time ago, and if Des wanted to do that then thats 1 tick against his name from me alongside his 2753551 crosses.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing what happened to the buck stops with me

Gutless wonder

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If there was an " absolute best" post i would give it that! Lol. I couldn't have put it any better.

This is EXACTLY the way i see it.

Des will go down as 1 of the worst coach's to have coached our club and in the process the best to dismantle what we once were.

Ray Dibb and Des Hasler make me fkn sick, its now gone beyond the joke. Changes need to be made.

Reactions: GDR
Status
Not open for further replies.