Bondi stabbing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're kinda right in parts but not in others.. most operational officers are specially trained in both tasers and guns.. most have access to both every shift. The taser has some limitations such as the ones you've mentioned.. ultimately it's almost never appropriate to use against a knife because of these limitations when the assailant appears motivated to use it. When you deploy a taser effectively (one barn into upper body the other barb into lower body) they are incapacitated for 5 seconds.. which means you have 5 seconds to go hands on and get them restrained, or give them another hit of the taser if the wires haven't been cut or ripped off.. either way eventually you do have to go grab them which is why it would be easier to accomplish with two officers.. officers are still trained to taser and secure someone on their own.. but generally speaking.. angry person with knife = gun.. it's not meant to be a fair fight.. it's about protecting lives of others, and your own in situations that leave you with no other option
Did they change the taser training based on previous problems?

I remember discussing it with a friend who is an officer and at the time he said that taser training was restricted to certain officers. But that was over 5 years ago and he quit the force shortly after that.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every fuck these days, blame mental health.
Exactly right, they all use it as a get out of jail free card. And you can bet your bottom dollar no matter what this scumbags motivation was today the government will only blame mental health to try keep the peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Governments shut down our mental health facilities en masse and things like this will occur at a higher rate sadly
Was out on this - but had to throw another 2c. Missus is senior in health and told me a potted summary of what has been cut back in the last 20 years. Its staggering. 100% spot on.

As for those who think mental health is an excuse - thanks. Its complete fckwits as yourselves that validate the govt position to pull more resources. Because it's just an excuse.

@mods - guess we can pull the 'are you ok thread' while we are here. Don't need that shit. Its just an excuse that you have poor mental health. Why are you enabling the 'fakers'.

Cannot script this shit.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they change the taser training based on previous problems?

I remember discussing it with a friend who is an officer and at the time he said that taser training was restricted to certain officers. But that was over 5 years ago and he quit the force shortly after that.
Not sure about nswpol sorry mate.. but I know QPS all operational officers are trained in both firearms and taser.. if you're not trained in both you're not operational.

I will add though.. all training is updated following incidents both interstate and internationally.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hard to believe that a group of people couldnt over power him or grab a metal object, chair, table or anything to pin him down or knock him out, very sad to hear that the vunerable appear to have been left behind while everyone ran away.
I l think that I am a strong person and my instinct would tell me not to run but to offer assistance and confront danger...
But until you are actually in that traumatic situation who knows how the mind would react..
I agree with you but can't criticise anybody...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As for those who think mental health is an excuse - thanks. Its complete fckwits as yourselves that validate the govt position to pull more resources. Because it's just an excuse.

Some people use it as an excuse when caught doing a crime.

Or blame their childhood.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Mental health, drugs, crazy or just a fucking **** - who cares. Piece of shit deserved to die after ruining the lives of multiple families.

Imagine being the father of that 9 month old and getting the phone call that your wife has died and your baby stabbed. This hit hard, my wife would often take our kids while on mat leave to a mall and spend time with her friends and their kids. Gutted for for that family :(

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All good, if it is mental health like some saying. They Be on the NDIS in a couple years, lol. Think there’s more to this than mental health.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lock the c—ts up if true. Stop being so polite fmd. We used to have islands for this shit

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's drugs, mental health or both. You think a sane person goes around stabbing people like this?
Which is precisely why almost the entire population is horrified by what has happened and finds it incomprehensible, it is not a sane act, it goes completely against normative human thought and behaviour to do what was done today.