Board should reprimand Barrett for writing off season

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He won't be sacked... And I'm sure the club want to keep things all positive and deflect any blame on Barrett.. but if he thinks that because no one would blame him for writing off the season, so he's unconditionally putting Hoppoate, Flannagan, Katao, Elliot and a few others on the teamsheet each week... the board have to stop that shit now.

I mean.. we went off on Des when he kept selecting Lichaa over Cook when that shit was so obvious.. and now Dietz appears to be showing more than Katoa.

So Barrett gets to play favourites so early in his tenure?

For all the accusations of a Gould or a Bennett sticking their nose in... We need someone in the club to read the danger signs and confront Barrett.

He has *not* earned the right to not have others "interfere". He can't be wholly blamed for the mess, but his part now is growing and growing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't sacked... And I'm sure the club want to keep things all positive and deflect any blame on Barrett.. but if he thinks that because no one would blame him for writing off the season, so he's unconditionally putting Hoppoate, Flannagan, Katao, Elliot and a few others on the teamsheet each week... the board have to stop that shit now.

I mean.. we went off on Des when he kept selecting Lichaa over Cook when that shit was so obvious.. and now Dietz appears to be showing more than Katoa.

For all the accusations of a Gould or a Bennett sticking their nose in... We need someone in the club to read the danger signs and confront Barrett.

He has *not* earned the right to not have others "interfere". He can't be wholly blamed for the mess, but his part now is growing and growing
I don’t think he is playing favourites at all, yes flanno needs dropped, as do others. And we expect he will do this an needs to, however he won’t leave this club as bad as Des an co did. This time next year , we will all be cheering an applauding TBAZ. It’s Deff going off early, but I believe he will crack it..!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he is playing favourites at all, yes flanno needs dropped, as do others. And we expect he will do this an needs to, however he won’t leave this club as bad as Des an co did. This time next year , we will all be cheering an applauding TBAZ. It’s Deff going off early, but I believe he will crack it..!!
There was a time when I'd share your belief; but that time has gone.

I can't see us being any different from the Des years, with overpaid players who are too lazy to earn their keep, and a coach who can't get them to work.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a time when I'd share your belief; but that time has gone.

I can't see us being any different from the Des years, with overpaid players who are too lazy to earn their keep, and a coach who can't get them to work.
Algood mate. we all have our own opinions, but I still believe TBAZ Is the man for this club, HOWEVER.. if next year is another big fail early, then I will deff eat my words an admit how wrong I was lol.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He won't sacked... And I'm sure the club want to keep things all positive and deflect any blame on Barrett.. but if he thinks that because no one would blame him for writing off the season, so he's unconditionally putting Hoppoate, Flannagan, Katao, Elliot and a few others on the teamsheet each week... the board have to stop that shit now.

He is an average coach. I think they put too much trust in him...to put a broom through our support staff and bring in his own etc...

To “rebuild” the club based on zero evidence that he actually can...

To give him an open chequebook...

Oh well, fingers crossed it all works out

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel Katoa and Flannagan are his favourites. I feel Hoppoate, Elliot, a few others are safe selections that he can't be blamed for.

The season is a write off, but he's hiding behind that cover by making no attempt to manage the starting team to build something positive as a foundation to next season.

I'm telling you, if this continues until the last game of the season, Burton, JAC,Naden et al, will all appear as failed signings

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel Katoa and Flannagan are his favourites. I feel Hoppoate, Elliot, a few others are safe selections that he can't be blamed for.

The season is a write off, but he's hiding behind that cover by making no attempt to manage the starting team to build something positive as a foundation to next season.

I'm telling you, if this continues until the last game of the season, Burton, JAC,Naden et al, will all appear as failed signings
Agree absolutely, but I am saying it won’t be like That, if it is I put my hand up and you can say I told ya so lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do agree that some players need to be in reserve grade. But we do have a lot of player missing with injury - I'm not sure how Doorey is doing after last week, Jackson, Okunbur, RFM, Topine, Hetherington on suspension. We are very thin on backs as well.

One thing I will say is that it's a critical time for the club with signings, if we don't get it right we will be at the bottom for years.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whats your solution?
u can only pick from your top 30
This for starters:

The obvious one at the moment is Lewis in for flanno. And trust me, I fucken hate Lewis so I don’t say that lightly lol.

Also Deitz starting hooker moving forward, when Topine returns, drop katoa completely
But I take your point. Also I forgot about this:

After round 11 he can start selection from Development contracts and train n trial -at the moment not much to choose from
so perhaps I'm knee-jerking over a gutless performance against our arch rivals

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope we start seeing some changes from round 11. Dietz, Topine & Schoupp should be in the side somewhere.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mods should Reprimand OP for this stupid post
Why?

Because 1-7 is acceptable?

Because dead last is acceptable?

Because an average of 10 points scored and 30 odd against is acceptable?

Because the majority of our players are in career worst form?

Should we all just sit back and cross our fingers and hope things get better by throwing money at every off contract player and/or every unwanted Panthers player?

Yeah that’ll fix it, Tbaz has got this [emoji106]

Because he cried after his first win, he got passion ...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Calm down buddy LOLLL trying to race a Corolla against Ferrari’s was never going to end well...
Season 2021 was always about wanting to get to 2022 quicker where we shed all the crap in our squad and have a competitive team.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he needs to be reprimanded however I am starting to get concerned about our processes and systems in place (If you wanna call it that). I know it's been talked to death about but look at the Roosters for example - the Morris boys have rejuvenated their careers so late in their career, while at the other end of the scale Walker slots in as if he's been playing for a decade. That's pretty impressive. Ditto the Storm.

It's all well and good to sign players like JAC but are we gonna know how to utilise their full talents?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa is turnstyle id bring in lewis in his place dietz our starting 9