News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why should next year be a write off if Ciraldo is competent? That's excuse making straight from the Gus Gould propaganda handbook. No reason we shouldn't be able to try and push for finals next year, if Ciraldo knows what he's doing.
Friendly gesture
Since Flopagun jnr was deported to the Steelers you have to make it exciting again...
Jump on RFM's paddy-wagon and join his cause until he leaves too, just an idea :tearsofjoy:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who said Crichton is going to be fullback anyway?
Taffe is a fullback did they buy him to play centre?
Taaffe I think potentially has been signed as a 7. He is most likely to start life in our colours as a 14. However a few people I know within the burrow believe he is a better half than fullback.

He apparently played mostly as half growing up.

A lot of people at souths believe he should have been picked ahead of Ilias when he came through at South’s.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Friendly gesture
Since Flopagun jnr was deported to the Steelers you have to make it exciting again...
Jump on RFM's paddy-wagon and join his cause until he leaves too, just an idea :tearsofjoy:
Lol! It would be a short run, I reckon.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taaffe I think potentially has been signed as a 7. He is most likely to start life in our colours as a 14. However a few people I know within the burrow believe he is a better half than fullback.

A lot of people at souths believe he should have been picked ahead of Ilias when he came through at South’s.
He seems to have that larrikin look needed for a halfback :laughing:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

We have multiple options at 7 and no good options at fullback. If he's going to end up at 7, it won't be for a while.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read earlier that Burton has more try assists this season than the Knights halves combined.
There is potential, he just needs to pull his head out of his arse and realise his potential will only be achieved via hard work, dedication, and commitment.
He just needs to run the farking ball ... think run first, it will then open up passing lanes for him.

Have no doubt he is told this by the coaching staff all the time.

Frustrates the hell out of me because the upside is there for all to see.

Next season is make or break, at least as being a 5/8 is concerned .... he needs to be tougher both physically and mentally.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just needs to run the farking ball ... think run first, it will then open up passing lanes for him.

Have no doubt he is told this by the coaching staff all the time.

Frustrates the hell out of me because the upside is there for all to see.

Next season is make or break, at least as being a 5/8 is concerned .... he needs to be tougher both physically and mentally.
It takes time to develop the ability to run the ball at these types of strong oppositions, yes he can run the ball but is to selective when he does this for a half. He has not been the ball player we need in a 6 or 7 so far. He won't be developing that in 2nd grade so it is all on the job learning. Agree farking frustrating....

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grubby Slater needs to keep his nose out of Belmore.

Focus on the Storm and Meaney you gronk, after the disaster at the back vs Broncos
I hated him as a player.
I prefer his comentary on the game more then any other on 9.
Fact is he has the runs on the board as a class FB and out coached Fitler twice in his first 2 years. Certainly helped Paps whos a gun.
He is a commentator just like Gus, there to share his comments on the game.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

i think he is a 7 - jun rep he was a very good half. Even if fb he will hopefully bring the energy n direct running that the dogs dont have at 1 n 7. Perham unfortunately suffers from the delusion that stepping dancing 10 or 15 metres from defenders is effective - good to see joash p whilst in flegg running more direct n leaving the stepping till late at the line

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It takes time to develop the ability to run the ball at these types of strong oppositions, yes he can run the ball but is to selective when he does this for a half. He has not been the ball player we need in a 6 or 7 so far. He won't be developing that in 2nd grade so it is all on the job learning. Agree farking frustrating....
Great insight.

He also won’t develop it as a centre - too few opportunities and too wide of the ruck. 2024 is his crunch year, either he becomes the player we’ve only seen glimpses of, or the media drums beat loudly and his confidence falls and he ends up kicking stones or moved to his non preferred position.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy Slater is half right. Crichton is a proven quality centre no question and that is where he should play but he won't unless we cop another massive injury toll next season. Remember Panthers do have Edwards as their long-term FB and for mine is now the best FB in the game. Teddy is not as consistently good as he once was.

Players have now come to the realization that they can make a name for themselves at their original club but then know they can market themselves to other clubs willing to pay overs for positions the CLUB is in need of. Burton was a classic example and we've played front rowers at lock and in the 2nd row.

Seems these days the player and their manager have more say in where they play and NOT the club!

No better interest than self-interest.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happy to give Crichton a go at fullback and if it’s not working then we still have one the worlds best centres. Also crazy that people legitimately feel like Hutchinson is a better option at five eighth than Burton.
Crichton and Burton in the centres…leaving us with a NSW Cup quality spine. Deadset crazy talk.
If CC persisted with Perham for 20 rounds how long will Crichton get? 2 years even if he's failing?