News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to give Crichton a go at fullback and if it’s not working then we still have one the worlds best centres. Also crazy that people legitimately feel like Hutchinson is a better option at five eighth than Burton.
Crichton and Burton in the centres…leaving us with a NSW Cup quality spine. Deadset crazy talk.
Burton this year would run 17th in the best five eight in the competition order. As a centre he would be a lot more damaging. Hutchinson couldn’t be worse than what Burton was this year.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one of the greatest fullbacks ever and whilst I dont like who he coaches has done somewhat ok with coaching the Maroon's, so I'd agree with you sir.
In summary "he knows boats"
Only due to who he played with and the style of game he played in my opinion.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing ventured nothing gained comes to mind.
Give him a go and see what he can do there.
Worse case is we have another top tier Centre.
One caveat though, ensure we've depth-trained in the position before the season starts, i.e. Taaffe, Wilson.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And much better.
Hutchison has both a running game and a half deceptive pass. He can also tackle.

Burton better pull his finger out coz I find a spot for him in the team right now....
I read earlier that Burton has more try assists this season than the Knights halves combined.
There is potential, he just needs to pull his head out of his arse and realise his potential will only be achieved via hard work, dedication, and commitment.

Last edited:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing ventured nothing gained comes to mind.
Give him a go and see what he can do there.
Worse case is we have another top tier Centre.
One caveat though, ensure we've depth-trained in the position before the season starts, i.e. Taaffe, Wilson.
Come 2025 I'm dreading hearing the typical "this was my first preseason training at fullback".
We better make sure we get this 2024 off season right

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton this year would run 17th in the best five eight in the competition order. As a centre he would be a lot more damaging. Hutchinson couldn’t be worse than what Burton was this year.
Nah I disagree. Problem is people suffer from recency bias. No doubt he had a bad last third of the season. His form and confidence fell off a cliff, but so did most of the team.
Games against Tigers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dragons, etc he was very good in the halves for us. We need to stick with him there and back him to progress. Moving him to centre now doesn’t do us or him any favours. He also isn’t a captain (not yet), so taking that burden off him would also help.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah I disagree. Problem is people suffer from recency bias. No doubt he had a bad last third of the season. His form and confidence fell off a cliff, but so did most of the team.
Games against Tigers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dragons, etc he was very good in the halves for us. We need to stick with him there and back him to progress. Moving him to centre now doesn’t do us or him any favours. He also isn’t a captain (not yet), so taking that burden off him would also help.
TLDR

TAKE THE BURDEN OFF BURTON!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Do you think they will see who steps up to prove they can take the fullback role in the offseason? Xerri might be a dark horse with this.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we should rethink using Ciraldo as head coach and use him where he would be most effective - scrubbing the Belmore toilets.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should rethink using Ciraldo as head coach and use him where he would be most effective - scrubbing the Belmore toilets.
crazy how you have been sold on CC not being our coach. I hope for the sake of us fans and the club he can pull us out to be a much better team next year !

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
crazy how you have been sold on CC not being our coach. I hope for the sake of us fans and the club he can pull us out to be a much better team next year !
He’s just a clown, Fam. It’s Barrett all over again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2024 is already a write off. Give him 5 games at FB see how he goes.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2024 is already a write off. Give him 5 games at FB see how he goes.
See, this just depresses me. 2023 season isn’t even done yet and we’re already calling 2024 a write off. This just isn’t the Bulldogs. People call me a troll, but all I’m doing is telling it like it is.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, this just depresses me. 2023 season isn’t even done yet and we’re already calling 2024 a write off. This just isn’t the Bulldogs. People call me a troll, but all I’m doing is telling it like it is.
Says the guy whose already given up on our coach less than a year into his rebuild.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is being realistic and trolling, me calling next year a write off isn't trolling, just being realistic.