News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri, Skelton…. Not yo mention we had Avo, Alamoti and Avo before they walked or were tapped on the shoulder.

Honestly, as good as Crichton is, I just don’t think he’s the answer.
Can't hurt, if doesn't work out can always bring taafe in.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I never said anything of the sort. I said we shouldn't be recruiting luxury centres before addressing other positions which are clearly more of a problem for us. Do you honestly think making stuff up does any service to your argument?
Thank God your not in control of the Squad. Because that's just dumb. You buy whats in front of you. You don't not buy a player just because he is a luxury. The biggest problem with the Bulldogs atm isn't exactly forwards...it's culture. Gus is buying players who want to play for The Bulldogs and have great work ethic etc. To fix culture you need these skills, attitudes and attributes:
1. Great attitude towards training.
2. Strong communication on the field.
3. Leadership
4. Professionalism
5. High Rugby League IQ
6. Great work ethic
7. Good attitude outside of rugby league.

Stephen Crichton ticks all 7 points easily
On top of that his positional play and defence is outstanding whether he was playing fullback or centre.

You have repeatedly raved on about missing on Spencer Lenui and Brandon Smith....it's like you think you're such a perfect person and so far beyond anyone else. The reality is you have no idea what happened behind the scenes of negotiations. Maybe both of them wanted to be at a club knowing they will play finals football immediately. Maybe there was something else that enticed them to Bondi.
The reality is....none of us here know so I suggest stop being a know it all cahunt because your acting like the know it all flog at the pub. You know the guy that everyone is nice to his face but 100% of the people thinks he is f%ckwit?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri, Skelton…. Not yo mention we had Avo, Alamoti and Avo before they walked or were tapped on the shoulder.

Honestly, as good as Crichton is, I just don’t think he’s the answer.
You have the opportunity to sign a player that’s the best in their position and you would rather a prospect like Avo and Alamoti? The difference in talent between Chrichton and what we have is huge so you don’t waste an opportunity like that.. it’s not like it’s a minor upgrade. Chrichton is a winner and we need more of his type around the club to help the younger guys coming through

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thank God your not in control of the Squad. Because that's just dumb. You buy whats in front of you. You don't not buy a player just because he is a luxury. The biggest problem with the Bulldogs atm isn't exactly forwards...it's culture. Gus is buying players who want to play for The Bulldogs and have great work ethic etc. To fix culture you need these skills, attitudes and attributes:
3. Leadership
4. Professionalism
5. High Rugby League IQ
6. Great work ethic

On top of that his positional play and defence is outstanding whether he was playing fullback or centre.

You have repeatedly raved on about missing on Spencer Lenui and Brandon Smith....it's like you think you're such a perfect person and so far beyond anyone else. The reality is you have no idea what happened behind the scenes of negotiations. Maybe both of them wanted to be at a club knowing they will play finals football immediately. Maybe there was something else that enticed them to Bondi.
The reality is....none of us here know so I suggest stop being a know it all cahunt because your acting like the know it all flog at the pub. You know the guy that everyone is nice to his face but 100% of the people thinks he is f%ckwit?
Geez you're an aggressive and rude guy. I'm not "raving on", I am expressing my opinion on a forum which was made so fans could express varying opinions.

Our forwards aren't the problem? I could not disagree more. We got smashed through the middle week after week this season. We are not going to fix that by buying centres, no matter how good you perceive their leadership qualities to be.

With all due respect, your posts will be ignored from now on. I have no interest in debating someone who is needlessly abusive.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. Leadership
4. Professionalism
5. High Rugby League IQ
6. Great work ethic

Nailed it …. Couldn’t have said it better myself …. this bloke does rave on, I’ve said it many times, every thread is highjacked by his consistent nagging about the same tunnel vision comments .. practically every second comment is from him ..

The 7 points you mentioned mean nothing to him because he can’t see the bigger picture, he’s a smart ass and exactly like that know all at the pub that eventually picks the wrong bloke and gets his lights put out.

Also changes the wording around to suit his narrative .. e.g this comment doesn’t say we don’t have a forwards problem, it says it’s not exactly the forwards, meaning our problems aren’t just the forwards it goes deeper than that …

Thinks he’s the most intelligent person on TK yet his understanding around how football clubs are ran and what’s really going on is very limited.

Just expressing your opinion on a forum .. like over and over and over on every thread … that’s raving on ..

By the way there’s a chit load of people on TK that would 100% back up every word of that above comment !

@Robdog111 profiled you perfectly …

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nailed it …. Couldn’t have said it better myself …. this bloke does rave on, I’ve said it many times, every thread is highjacked by his consistent nagging about the same tunnel vision comments .. practically every second comment is from him ..

The 7 points you mentioned mean nothing to him because he can’t see the bigger picture, he’s a smart ass and exactly like that know all at the pub that eventually picks the wrong bloke and gets his lights put out.

Also changes the wording around to suit his narrative .. e.g this comment doesn’t say we don’t have a forwards problem, it says it’s not exactly the forwards, meaning our problems aren’t just the forwards it goes deeper than that …

Thinks he’s the most intelligent person on TK yet his understanding around how football clubs are ran and what’s really going on is very limited.

Just expressing your opinion on a forum .. like over and over and over on every thread … that’s raving on ..

By the way there’s a chit load of people on TK that would 100% back up every word of that above comment !

@Robdog111 profiled you perfectly …
The fool does not even own his own quoted words!