News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe im saying this...but Hutchinson in the halves giving early ball to chrichton or burton on either side is more creative to the way we currently play, and defensively we have just saved lots of tries with much stronger defense.

Add xerri and ado carr on the wings with blistering speed

Kiraz fb for 1 season only before bringing in Papalii for 2025..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hasn't played a game of footy in 4 years. Going to be hard for him to come into a shit team & play good right away after 4 years off.
Whilst ppl saying this could be right I don't see it as a very big issue..
At worst he plays on a wing initially I just think it's highly likely he starts in game 1, of course I could be wrong ..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe im saying this...but Hutchinson in the halves giving early ball to chrichton or burton on either side is more creative to the way we currently play, and defensively we have just saved lots of tries with much stronger defense.

Add xerri and ado carr on the wings with blistering speed

Kiraz fb for 1 season only before bringing in Papalii for 2025..
I agree with this however not sure Kiraz has the kilometres in him to play fullback week in week out.

This decision will show where CC is as a coach. How/where players train over the offseason will be interesting.

Papalii after a year in Cup will hopefully be close to First Grade ready in the backend of 2024. I hope he gives several players fullback preparation especially fitness work in the preseason.

Taaffe, Kiraz, Crichton, Burton & Xerri could all play 1.

I think Crichton will be fullback to start the year. CC I think is fixed on this. He will also most likely give him 18 weeks to make it work if it’s obvious early it’s not working.

I would like to see

1. Kiraz
2. Xerri
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. Jac
6. Hutchinson/Taaffe
7. Sexton

14. Hutchinson/Taaffe

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this however not sure Kiraz has the kilometres in him to play fullback week in week out.

This decision will show where CC is as a coach. How/where players train over the offseason will be interesting.

Papalii after a year in Cup will hopefully be close to First Grade ready in the backend of 2024. I hope he gives several players fullback preparation especially fitness work in the preseason.

Taaffe, Kiraz, Crichton, Burton & Xerri could all play 1.

I think Crichton will be fullback to start the year. CC I think is fixed on this. He will also most likely give him 18 weeks to make it work if it’s obvious early it’s not working.

I would like to see

1. Kiraz
2. Xerri
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. Jac
6. Hutchinson/Taaffe
7. Sexton

14. Hutchinson/Taaffe
It’s a big improvement mate

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish wed just play players to their strengths.
Solidify or tick off positions then work on strengthening other weaknesses.
Burton and Crichton in the centers, cant go wrong.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Taaffe
2. Xerri
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. Jac
6. Hutchinson
7. Sexton

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy:
Lol. I said Critta to centre or Wing with my boy at FB before this freak even said it haha. Got the hate, but I have to agree with sad sack here. Still believe he’s better roaming the left edge. Dangerous.
Lol sad sack? Ass is still stinging from origin Eh?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
It is very interesting....after letting Averillo, alamotti and likely Burns and Casey go we are a lot lighter in the backs for next year. We also have not resigned B Wilson to date. Wonder if that is an indication they at planing to move Burton to centre, as we now have a Butload of options in the halves. That being said wonder if they reconsider Burns. Would be nice to have a decent back up if Xerri is a bust. Don't want to have to rush Clark or Gabreal etc if not ready.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Happy to give Crichton a go at fullback and if it’s not working then we still have one the worlds best centres. Also crazy that people legitimately feel like Hutchinson is a better option at five eighth than Burton.
Crichton and Burton in the centres…leaving us with a NSW Cup quality spine. Deadset crazy talk.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is literally what preseason is for. no decisions should be made now.
identify the players best suited to a position, train them in those positions, select the best one to play there.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drew Hutchinson can do what Burton did this season.
And much better.
Hutchison has both a running game and a half deceptive pass. He can also tackle.

Burton better pull his finger out coz I find a spot for him in the team right now....