Big Names On Show at Back To Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told a few weeks ago that hasler is really keen on goodwin and wants him in FG. Also hasler isnt a big fan of keating but will most likely play him first at 5:8 to get reynolds ready. He is keen on reynolds but wont rush him. I didnt say this earlier so no1 has a go at me lolol but know that the sides are named i thought id share it
Wouldn't surprise me re goodwin, used to have great hands, was pretty quick, physical defender, made good decisions, good finisher, and a fantastic goal kicker. Maybe he just had a **** couple of years but is regaining his confidence/fitness/motivation/bigtoemobillity. Who knows what happened to him...

Blue&WhiteCraig

New Pup
Reaction score
I do like Goodwin, hopefully Hasler can re-create the Morris/Goodwin combination that scored 40+ tries back in 2009!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else love the irony of Belmore Sports Ground. Run too far outside the ground = hit by a train. Line up against Romelo/Pritchard/Kasiano/Taupau/Graham and they'll wish they were hit by a train.

Wright is a centre through and through, not a winger though.

P

Paint.

Id much rather get hit by Romelo/Pritchard/Kasiano/Taupau/Graham than by a train, tbh.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
My feeling is cutler may be in the 5/8 mix and halatau in the center mix. Just a feeling I have.

No James gavet (excuse spelling if wrong)? Is he injured?

Karl McFiligachol not in any team. Shown the door?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting. Assuming the first lineup is basically a first choice side, as it appears, should we read anything into:

Wright starting at centre above Lafai?
Kasiano starting above Graham? (although given the way front-rowers are rotated during the regular season, it barely makes a difference)
Goodwin starting on the wing above MacDougall or Lett?
Romelo at 9 and Reynolds at 7, rather than vice versa? Ennis is the clear starter at 9 come the regular season - is that a sign that Hasler would rather give keep Reynolds in the halves than have Romelo there?
It must be an indication of some sort the way things are at the moment. But it's still the preseason and there's a long way to go. I'm sure soon enough Hasler will grow tired of Goodwin. Hopefully Lett or MacDougall impress. Wright never got much of a chance in the centres so he might surprise. He was quite solid and impressive at Parra. He should never play wing again though.

I wouldn't read anything into Graham being on the bench at all. He's new to the club, to the NRL and to the country. He'll be starting in no time.

Neither Reynolds or Romelo are halves but Reynolds is more of a half than Romelo. Like Wright in a wingers jersey, Romelo should never be in a 6 or 7 jersey in FG again. But both have a lot of impact to offer as bench utility players.

For the time being, Taupau seems to not be in Hasler's thoughts but hopefully he pushes for selection as I think he has a lot to offer our team.

Again though, it's the preseason, it's still early enough into the preseason and Hasler has still only been at the club a few months and is still figuring things out for himself. He needs patience from everyone not just now, but weeks and even months into the season.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feeling is cutler may be in the 5/8 mix and halatau in the center mix. Just a feeling I have.

karl was only trialing with us no contract was offered so yes maybe unless he was just injured

gavet only JUST got off criutches i understand so yeah he is injured

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that necessarily, well I hope ****in not. Just means that Des prefers Jono at this point. But Lafai may kill it in the next 2 trials and get the gig.
Might also have something to do with Lafai returning from injury so maybe Dessie doesn't want him out there for too long?

B

Banji

Might also have something to do with Lafai returning from injury so maybe Dessie doesn't want him out there for too long?
lol nothing to do with it, they are both playing a half each

B

Banji

interesting to see samisoni langi playing reserve grade when he is only 18/19?
he is a potential superstarr at 5/8 or lock.
i reckon he could see first grade this year at some stage

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of depth there to win two Grand finals, nice to see a few names.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Josh reynolds has potential as well as Tim Lafai! this will be an interesting game to spectate and see the talent that is growing in our youth

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Gavet should be ready by round 5 (mentioned in Zaps wrap). Apparently he had surgery on an ankle pre christmas.

B

Banji

Josh reynolds has potential as well as Tim Lafai! this will be an interesting game to spectate and see the talent that is growing in our youth
im looking forward to see the young guys, jackson, finnucune etc putting pressure on the old blokes in the backrow.
i think des has given the side from last year a crack out of respect and then next week he will pick his top 13 after this weeks trials

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For the time being, Taupau seems to not be in Hasler's thoughts but hopefully he pushes for selection as I think he has a lot to offer our team.
I remember watching a training session a few weeks back and dessie ripped into marty about the lines he was running and his positioning during attack. Boy did he giving him a serving!

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
I hope Des doesn't leave Wright in there over Lafai

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my tickets today, can't wait I'm making the big trip down just for the return to BELMORE! the fact my sisters wedding is on Saturday is pure coincidence!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goodwin named in number 5, I suppose he will do the kicking duties, hope he has a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.