Big Names On Show at Back To Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A host of big name Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will have their first hit out of 2012 on Sunday as the Club hosts the Sydney Roosters on Back To Belmore day at Belmore Sports Ground.

The Bulldogs have named two sides for the main game, which represents the first time an NRL strength team has played at the venue since 1998.

Over 10,000 Members and supporters will be in attendance at the match, with a limited amount of Grandstand seats left for sale four days out from the game. Tickets can be purchased through www.proticket.com.au

The NRL squad will feature All Stars representatives Ben Barba and Frank Pritchard along with 17 other players with first grade experience.

English recruit James Graham will also line up in a Blue and White jersey for the first time since joining the Club in December, as will fellow newcomer Luke MacDougall.

The NRL game is the pinnacle of a five game smorgasbord of Rugby League, which kicks off with the Bulldogs taking on the Roosters in the opening round of Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball at 10am & 11.30am respectively.

Toyota Cup follows the SG Ball at 1pm, with NSW Cup taking on Roosters feeder team Newtown at 3pm.

The NRL trial kicks off at 5pm.

Getting There and Away

Those planning to attend the Back to Belmore trial are strongly advised to leave the car at home and catch public transport as parking around the venue will be extremely limited and traffic control measures will be in place.

Belmore Sports Ground is a five minute walk from Belmore station. City Rail trains operate between Central, Redfern and Belmore station every 15 minutes. For train and other timetable enquiries please visit www.131500.org or www.cityrail.info.

NRL Teams

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jonathon Wright
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Kris Keating
7. Josh Reynolds
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Joel Romelo
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Dene Halatau
13. David Stagg
14. James Graham
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Corey Payne
17. Michael Lett

1. Michael Lett
2. Sam Ahofono
3. Tim Lafai
4. Luke MacDougall
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman
6. Chad Isles
7. Trent Cutler
8. Marty Taupau
9. Shane Pumipi
10. Tim Browne
11. Josh Jackson
12. Jake Foster
13. Dale Finucane
14. Jake Finn
15. Harlan Alalaatoa
16. Tupou Sopoaga
17. Ed Murphy

Coach: Des Hasler

NSW Cup

1. Gerrard McCallum
2. Ratu Tagive
3. Ed Murphy
4. Josh Portlock
5. Dean McGlinchey
6. Chad Isles
8. Trent Cutler
26. Ray Moujalli
9. Lionel O'Mally
28. Jake Finn
11. Tupou Sopoaga
12. Lachlan Burr
13. Harlan Alalaatoa
16. Junior Roquica
17. Sterling Siejka
21. Samisoni Langi
22. Oliver Gordon
23. Dean Janda
24. Jay Bonnell
31. Kose Lelei
36. Michael Ioapo

Coach: Barry Ward

Toyota Cup

1. James O'Brien
2. Eddy El-Zbaidieh
3. Matthew ***o***a
4. Louis Mackenzie-Taylor
5. Jon Sila
6. Moses Mbye
7. Frederick Robinson
8. Curtley Hope-Hodgetts
9. Dean Janda
10. Solo Alone
11. Danny Fuaolo
12. Jordan Jammal
13. Blake Carter
14. Kava Utoikamanu
15. Pio Seci
16. James Ralphs
17. Ben Stratton
19. Jon Taefu
20. Andrew Shipway
21. Moahoni Lelei
22. Alex Hull
23. Samisoni Langi
24. Ryan Wilson
25. David Minute
26. Wilson Faanoi
27. David Klemmer

Coach: Andy Patmore

SG Ball

1. Costner Lemafa
2. Tuuta Langi
3. Michael Morgan
4. Alan Nuilesa
5. Royce Hunt
6. Guston Jasmin
7. Brendan Cox
8. Jack Creighton
9. Luke Vella
10. Winstone Asotasi [c]
11. Jokatama Dokonivalu
12. Brendon Mafi
13. Addison Demetriou
Interchange:
14. Denzel King
15. Jeremy Fuller
16. Anthony Semrany
17. Daniel Mailata
19. Joshua Montgomery
20. Mitchell Mamary
21. Jaelen Feeney
22. George Tsikrikas
23. Kapulu Poleo
24. Tifa Iuta
25. Luke Eru
26. Jake Kamire

Coach: Jon Wilson

Harold Matthews Cup

1. Esau Taetuli [c]
2. Marcelo Montoya
3. Patrick Kopu
4. Hakaraia Toi Toi
5. Godfred Agyemang
6. Nifo Seve
7. Christian Wakeham
8. Jordan Lotoaniu
9. Ali Allouche [c]
10. Willie Soloa-Toomata
11. Avia Minute
12. Vailima Teaupa
13. Jordan Lemalu
Interchange:
14. Tom McCallum
15. Joshua Abboud
16. Lorima Sautu
17. Simon Fonua
18. Anton Iaria
19. Amro Abdalla
20. Justin Abou-Melhem
21. Felix Moli
22. Jaydn McGregor
23. Daniel Russell
24. Aymen Masri
25. Kirk-Stephen Tuiauii

Coach: Dean Feeney

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....41&title=big-names-on-show-at-back-to-belmore

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
I wonder how we will go without Ennis and Hodko.I am guessing each side play a half each? Michael Lett is in both teams haha

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Assuming the first lineup is basically a first choice side, as it appears, should we read anything into:

Wright starting at centre above Lafai?
Kasiano starting above Graham? (although given the way front-rowers are rotated during the regular season, it barely makes a difference)
Goodwin starting on the wing above MacDougall or Lett?
Romelo at 9 and Reynolds at 7, rather than vice versa? Ennis is the clear starter at 9 come the regular season - is that a sign that Hasler would rather give keep Reynolds in the halves than have Romelo there?

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Interesting. Assuming the first lineup is basically a first choice side, as it appears, should we read anything into:Wright starting at centre above Lafai?Kasiano starting above Graham? (although given the way front-rowers are rotated during the regular season, it barely makes a difference)Goodwin starting on the wing above MacDougall or Lett?Romelo at 9 and Reynolds at 7, rather than vice versa? Ennis is the clear starter at 9 come the regular season - is that a sign that Hasler would rather give keep Reynolds in the halves than have Romelo there?
I would prefer Romelo at hooker than in the halves. They might rotate between each other

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Cant ****ing wait!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the deal with the NSW Cup numbering? Is Trent Cutler trying to set a world record for the smallest guy ever to wear the 8 shirt?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hell yeah ... Romelo VS Mose Masoe ROUND 2
Last trial Romelo came off second best and was partially concussed before returning later in the game. Will he be out for revenge?? :D

Suprised to see Hodko and Ennis left out.

I can assume that the third trial in Wagga will feature our intended first grade lineup (SWEET!!!)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh I guess it means that wright will be given first choice. Cant see how it will be worth giving half a game to Lafai with no other first graders. If anything he would have played a bit in the first game to see how he combines with turner and the other right side players. Also looks like goodwin might be slightly ahead for the number 5 jersey.

Apart from that very solid team. Wouldnt be too unhappy if this team ran out in round one (even with Ennis and Hodkinson out still looks very strong)

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yeah ... Romelo VS Mose Masoe ROUND 2
Last trial Romelo came off second best and was partially concussed before returning later in the game. Will he be out for revenge?? :D

Suprised to see Hodko and Ennis left out.

I can assume that the third trial in Wagga will feature our intended first grade lineup (SWEET!!!)
Ennis and Hodko are still not 100% i think?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Ennis and Hodko are still not 100% i think?
I remember Ennis saying somewhere that he wasn't going to be back til Wagga. Dunno where the hell I read/heard it though.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh I guess it means that wright will be given first choice.
I wouldn't say that necessarily, well I hope ****in not. Just means that Des prefers Jono at this point. But Lafai may kill it in the next 2 trials and get the gig.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Ennis saying somewhere that he wasn't going to be back til Wagga. Dunno where the hell I read/heard it though.
yeh I read/heard that somewhere as well....lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that necessarily, well I hope ****in not. Just means that Des prefers Jono at this point. But Lafai may kill it in the next 2 trials and get the gig.
I hope that is the case too. I think Lafai has a lot to offer, his footwork is great. But Seeing as he is playing in the team with no other starting first graders means he is not really getting trialled in that position (thats my view) more so he needs to earn his right to be there in round 1 by killing it. Seems at this stage Wright would be the incumbent.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Wright's playing style hasn't changed,(feet for hands) then it won't be long untill Lafai is in the Nrl team.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think having named Reynolds at 7 and Romelo at 9 Hasler's intention is to push Reynolds into contention for our #6 jersey against Keating this year.

Great ****ing news :grinning: This kid could be a superstar

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im looking forward to Romelo destroying Mortimer on those kick chases

kleb

ya ayrr
Reaction score
I was told a few weeks ago that hasler is really keen on goodwin and wants him in FG. Also hasler isnt a big fan of keating but will most likely play him first at 5:8 to get reynolds ready. He is keen on reynolds but wont rush him. I didnt say this earlier so no1 has a go at me lolol but know that the sides are named i thought id share it

P

Paint.

Tim Lafai being named in the no.3 ... left centre or right?

Status
Not open for further replies.