Best front row in the comp?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Every forward in history has been a 20 min man at the beginning of there careers. Lenius just turned 23. Within 2 yrs he will be playing 40-60 mins week in week out
Leniu has got 20 minutes of aggression in him per month, much like a pensioner in the bedroom blowing cobwebs out of his arse. Will never have 60 minutes of output, or if he somehow does it would be reserve grade standard.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well Spence is a 20min man, You want to give him 800k to try pump out more min but that’s a stab in the dark. He may not handle it. Being a lead prop is different to starting in the panthers pack. 2nd Gus should have gotten tino , 1.5mil minimum for 10 with it going up every tv deal? You are fucking insane. On top of that Gus knows who is moving and who isn’t . Tino was never moving Gus stated that on his podcast along with haas saying they are going nowhere. Player managers using us and the tigers to pump up contracts and fucktards like you and your different personalities fell for it. Just because we have cap room and need a position filled doesn’t mean we throw the bank at them. Napa, Thompson, tpj add to that out desperation signing for a halfback with the park footballer on 500k little flange. All desperate signings and zero value, just like your knowledge and opinion it has zero worth. Maybe a little like your life .
I think you’ll find he’s played a lot bigger minutes in past seasons and had led it fine. He played less minutes this year because he was stuck behind the best front row in the comp and Ivan knew he was on his way out.

I said, 750k, preferably with 800 as the absolute ceiling. Not that much, given the cap rise. Would it have been a bit over market value? Sure. But we pay over market value for all our players at the moment. At least a genuine impact prop who bends the line would have been useful.

But sure, signing no decent props and letting a couple of better players who can play middle was a heaps better idea. In GuS wE tRuSt!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think you’ll find he’s played a lot bigger minutes in past seasons and had led it fine. He played less minutes this year because he was stuck behind the best front row in the comp and Ivan knew he was on his way out.

I said, 750k, preferably with 800 as the absolute ceiling. Not that much, given the cap rise. Would it have been a bit over market value? Sure. But we pay over market value for all our players at the moment. At least a genuine impact prop who bends the line would have been useful.

But sure, signing no decent props and letting a couple of better players who can play middle was a heaps better idea. In GuS wE tRuSt!
How do you know what we pay. Most have been signings providing opportunity. Critta is above market maybe but he helps in many areas . You said Critta money for Spence . To me that’s 300k over and he is unproven at starting prop. Has he got it in him to start and do the hard work in a pack that needs a lead prop . I’m not paying him overs for unproven. And it seems like Gus wouldn’t and for the same money or slightly under he goes to the roosters and plays the same role as at penrith, cant blame for taking the easy money. This is a rebuild don’t blow the cap out of desperation. It’s like taking to a brick wall though.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyway you'll probably turn him into a mini Kikau running outside of Cleary. He has some soft hands and can play into the line (better ballplayer than Burton lmao), has an offload and can run a decent line. Focus can now be on adding some more size to his frame and developing his power game now that he's probably not going to be playing centre and he'll probably be a 200+ game NRL player.
Stop, you're getting me hard. lol.

Martin is effective left or right, so thats good news.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I think the majority of your takes are more accurate than most give you credit for, this one not so much.

One of the biggest gripes we had as Panthers fans was Spencers lack of minutes in 20/21. He started getting more in 22 and even got a start in 23. If whelmed was a bridge you could have driven a truck under it. He just doesn't have the motor at this stage. He is a beast in short stints, but too many minutes and he drops off and gets very sloppy in defence. Apparently Ivan does know a bit more than us keyboard warriors, who woulda thought...

He is still a baby in prop years, so no reason he cant get there, but 500k would be max I reckon at what he offers now. How he goes at the Chooks will be interesting, him JWH & Radley tying to out sinbin each other should be amusing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If true that is the dumbest plan I have ever heard..Way to small to handle that part of the game.
It was probably backrow and I misremembered

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was probably backrow and I misremembered
Even still he is more Matty Utai than he is Steve Matai. I really had hopes for him but I think he lacks speed for the backs and like Topine lacks size for the forwards.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Haas is pretty darn good and putting up numbers that are super consistent, but do we feel that he is a newer version of David Klemmer? Big minutes, great metres and good defence. That's what Klemmer was sorta known for.

I'd still take Haas over Klemmer in today's market but food for thought.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even still he is more Matty Utai than he is Steve Matai. I really had hopes for him but I think he lacks speed for the backs and like Topine lacks size for the forwards.
He has power, he will be fine. We just did to him what Bulldogs do to a lot of young kids.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has power, he will be fine. We just did to him what Bulldogs do to a lot of young kids.
What, give him a chance? He had plenty of opportunity to stand out and just didn’t quite make it. I was disappointed he didn’t work out with us but not as disappointed as I was that we lost Avo.

He will shine under Bennett.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What, give him a chance? He had plenty of opportunity to stand out and just didn’t quite make it. I was disappointed he didn’t work out with us but not as disappointed as I was that we lost Avo.

He will shine under Bennett.
He's 19. He was not ready for firstgrade and I called it ages ago. Throwing a kid in that's not ready is not giving him a "chance" or "opportunity". We also played him on the left despite him being a right side dominant player. Like I said this is what the Bulldogs do. Done the same with Karl, not even remotely close to firstgrade but I guess we won't go there now.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's 19. He was not ready for firstgrade and I called it ages ago. Throwing a kid in that's not ready is not giving him a "chance" or "opportunity". We also played him on the left despite him being a right side dominant player. Like I said this is what the Bulldogs do. Done the same with Karl, not even remotely close to firstgrade but I guess we won't go there now.
I agree with Karl, but not Alomoti. He has power but he lacks physical size to be in the back row. If he had genuine speed he would be a winger Matty utai type.

I wish him well but can’t see him progressing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Panthers are light years ahead of the other teams at 1. Titans should be 2.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Maybe he's gone as far as his physical tools will let him in Australia, then. I had thought of experimenting with him at lock, but there are just better options. And his turning circle out in the centres made knockonbore blush it was that bad. Nice kid, had some toughness in him, but it ain't easy playing at the top level...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
800k for Leniu.. Hilarious.. You can't question anything the club does when you suggest something that stupid