Best front row in the comp?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
probably King and Knight but isn't going to change much. We really need someone like Klemmer next year. King and Klemmer starting would push us up the ladder dramatically imo. It'd put us on par with all the teams after Warrior (going off this list).

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leota and Harris are the best pairing by some distance in my book.

Big game players.

When it counted in the GF they stood up, especially Leota.

In the final of the tri series Harris was a beast.

Haas numbers wise is the best prop but to me he's not agro enough and it shows in big moments. Harris and Leota change games. That Grand final is a prime example.

The commentary team were wanking over Haas but in the crunch time it was Leota who was the stand out prop.

People only remember Cleary, and rightly so because he was amazing, but watch the game back again and it changed when Leota came back on and went full hundys, while Haas was no where to be seen in the crunch time.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Considering most props play between 40-50 minutes, I think a best prop rotation would be a more appropriate topic.

Taking 2023 form into account, Parramatta look very high to me.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big game players.

Haas numbers wise is the best prop but to me he's not agro enough and it shows in big moments. Harris and Leota change games. That Grand final is a prime example.

The commentary team were wanking over Haas but in the crunch time it was Leota who was the stand out prop.

People only remember Cleary, and rightly so because he was amazing, but watch the game back again and it changed when Leota came back on and went full hundys, while Haas was no where to be seen in the crunch time.
Definitely. They run hard and with aggression. Parra isn’t far off, but most teams have 2 above average or one very good player only, whereas Penrith have two very good props. Bench is important too though.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels probably drop out top 5 in my opinion.. and dolphins should be higher.. not the worst "top" list they've put together.. reasonably accurate

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think they'd get the club logos correct ...

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big game players.

Yeah before they absolutely smashed the Eels pack who all peaked in 2022 in both the semi and grand final

Roosters got the best prop trio

Panthers got the best prop duo

Gould and his assistant Ciraldo will need to do a Hasler 2012 come up with a game plan to hide key weaknesses Hasler turner Graham Eastwood and Kasiano into halfbacks

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Dudbuy Jnr & Thompson were still here we’d still be last.

Manly are rated 2nd last yet completely dusted our pack twice in 2023.

It’s an absolute joke of a list. Souffs should be well above Tigers. It’s Burgess & Jnr Tatola not Keppie lol

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless of props the Dogs ended up above Tigers and Dragons and also beat Dolpins and Titans in their games with our so call weak props. Tigers depite having Klemmer and Stefarno as well as Twal and a great back row came last.

None of this can really predicts how things will go. Sometimes big name props fail to deliver and sometimes lesser known props standup. Dogs have'nt got the big name props at the moment so lets hope one of the lesser known ones stands up.

Players like Patolo, Hughes and Hetherington have the potential to stand up. Thats all we have at the moment and are pinning our hopes on. Sometimes its all in the head. Most of the props in the comp are similar in size except for the handful of big blokes here and there like Haas and Nelson.

But on average they are not super big. Leota and Fisher Harris are not big mids yet they smash it every week. They are mentally tough. We need some of that mental toughness in our mids like Patolo and Hetherington standing up. King seems a good mid but he doesn't have that physical presence like Fisher Harris or Tino. Sutton needs to take an agression pill.

It would really only take one of our mids to standup next season and this would make a world of difference to our new vamped side which should already be more competitive. Hopefully that new competitiveness will rub off on our mids.