Bennett blames toxic workplace environment for clubs performing badly (He will never coach us)

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
It's a mix of both. We loose cause we are fuckin out of our depth and years of shit decisions. But we and other teams are beat at fuckin half time by 30 cause the six again rule

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fair enough. I much prefer seeing the try’s we’re getting at present. I don’t love the blowouts but am enjoying seeing attacking footy. There’s been some great desperation defence too, just inconsistent. Brisbane sharks on the weekend was a belter of a game, had everything
Way too many games that are over. Y halftime for my liking. I think most people want to see a contest. And this idiot V’landys wants to dilute the talent pool more by lookin as g at expansion. He’s a blight on the game, imo.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course Bennett won’t criticize the new rules. I’ll bet my balls that he was consulted and approved them before they were implemented so now he has to stand by them.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course Bennett won’t criticize the new rules. I’ll bet my balls that he was consulted and approved them before they were implemented so now he has to stand by them.
Exactly this. I’d be almost certain he’s a Confidente of this Vlandys muppet out in front spruiking the changes. To Bennett’s credit, he’s been the only pointing out the garbage Bellamy has brought to the game. These rules wreak of him getting in Vkandys ear

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember I think it was when Wayne was at the broncos and they lost the grand final to a field goal..... He winged after the game about the golden point rule..... Should have had your shit together then Wayne.... Don't go opening your mouth about shit when it's convenient for you, be consistent..... Skeletor dead shit......

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bloke has coached a club who had a whole state to choose from for 20 years
A club he bought everyone for at Newy
A club he walked in with a top 4 side at St george and Souths.

Bloke has never had to coach anywhere where roster management is a problem.
That is just a clueless comment, so if Barrett walked into those situations he'd be a top coach as well?

Give Bennett some credit he is definitely one of the top 4 coaches in the NRL that is a fact.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't have anything to do with the rule changes giving teams with stronger squads an added advantage and/or the "spread" ( Or lack thereof) of playing talent by any chance.
Although Bennett's knowledge and expertise in creating toxic work places has to be respected, its his forte. He is Hassler like in the destruction and all round cluster fuck he leaves behind when he moves on.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is just a clueless comment, so if Barrett walked into those situations he'd be a top coach as well?

Give Bennett some credit he is definitely one of the top 4 coaches in the NRL that is a fact.
You missed the point, I am talking about roster management. Bennett has never had to deal with it, he coached a club for two decades that was an expansion club with an entire state as his talent pool and junior base. Went to established sides like Souths and Dragons that were already top 4 and he had an open cheque book at Newcastle. He has never had to deal with a bad roster situation or poor juniors so his comment is just dribble defending his position of helping these new rules come into place.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
bennet was just sledging the broncos, he is as bad as all of them in recruitment. stupid old **** he is

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bennett was spot on at the press conference. He did acknowledge the new rules were a factor but his comments were so true and as always the Master Coach was on point.

Dogieeeezzz

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is talking about the player's atmosphere before they lace on a boot or look at a ball that week.
No one performs at their best in a poorly run workplace and that goes for any of us.

The journos on Sunday night fox show just could not understand what he meant, going on its all about the players, they could not grasp the subject when it doesn't fit their narrative that they force onto us constantly. They tried to turn it into a Bennett V broncos thing, that was not his point at all.

What he is saying does make sense if you trace the route cause of an issue.

Last edited:

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett should shut his mouth and retire he ran like a bitch from Newcastle look at the mess he left them .

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Roster issues only became a problem for clubs at a time where everyone was expecting the salary cap to increase. We had probably managed it better than other clubs creating a premiership window from nothing between 2012 and 2014. Our recruitment was also excellent in 2008, going on to 2009. The issues we face are not insurmountable.

Also the talent available on the market is embarrassing. The club might have to bite the bullet and write off three seasons just to slowly build the roster. It may not have any choice.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You missed the point, I am talking about roster management. Bennett has never had to deal with it, he coached a club for two decades that was an expansion club with an entire state as his talent pool and junior base. Went to established sides like Souths and Dragons that were already top 4 and he had an open cheque book at Newcastle. He has never had to deal with a bad roster situation or poor juniors so his comment is just dribble defending his position of helping these new rules come into place.
And don't forget his start at Canberra in 1987 after the list had been built

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
South sydney have had 50 points put on them twice this year, so he must also be talking about the toxic environment at his club?!!
50 pointwins are happening left right and centre. Does he seriously think half the NRLol clubs have toxic environments? Bullshit!
Bennet loves to try and stay relevent. The rule changes are the reason for the blowouts! If you cant see this your blind.
He knows Souths are toxic. He was having a dig at them not finding space for Reynolds in his comments...hence the 50 point blowouts for Souths. It's a bit of the chicken or the egg coming first argument though. Toxic clubland, player managers bidding up their clients price beyond fair value and rule changes exposing mediocre rosters combined make for disastrous outcomes.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bennett is cleary having a crack at broncos

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He knows Souths are toxic. He was having a dig at them not finding space for Reynolds in his comments...hence the 50 point blowouts for Souths. It's a bit of the chicken or the egg coming first argument though. Toxic clubland, player managers bidding up their clients price beyond fair value and rule changes exposing mediocre rosters combined make for disastrous outcomes.
Truth be told, i didnt even bother reading the article. The headline was enough for me.